Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by allezfred View Post
    That's even before we get into the lifters wheeeing themselves when they strain too much.
    Seriously? That must be really embarrassing.

Prick Admin
    vCash
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SHARPIE View Post
    Dont really get cycling TBH either Agree that no Aussies should have been helping the Cav - I mean, train all your life, make a billion sacrifices and get to the Olympic Games to help someone else win a medal? But it's talked about a lot in cycling right? Weird.
    It's not that they expected the Aussies to ride for Cav. They expected the Australians to ride for their World Silver Medalist, Matt Goss, who would have been a favorite for a medal if there had been a field sprint. Australia riding for Goss would also have helped Cav. If you watch the race, you'll notice that Germany road to bring the break back as well. They sure as hell weren't riding for Cav. They were riding for world bronze medalist Andrei Greipel who would have sprinted against Cav.

Britain didn't expect anyone to ride for Cav. There were several teams whose best interests were in having a sprint and Britain expected those teams to ride for a sprint.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really View Post
    Congratulations to Emilie Heymans and Jennifer Abel on their bronze in synchro diving. Emilie has become the only Canadian to win a medal in 4 consecutive Olympics. Cool!
    Aside from being happy about Emilie's accomplishment, I am also just so relieved that we don't have to sit through 7 more days of "when will Canada win a medal?!?" like in Beijing. Hopefully this takes a little of the pressure off!

vCash
    GBR v. Canada in the evillllle, lesser-sport of Beach Volleyball!

GBR is the hometeam, and I usually root for the home team if it's a sport I don't know much about, don't have favorites, and no Americans are playing. But Canada has pretty purple bikini tops. But the Brits are slightly more tiffed (and really, when does that happen? Sorry SHARPIE). I'm

Great crowd energy; match point GBR to tie game!
    "The practice of sport is a human right. Every individual must have the possibility of practicing sport, without discrimination of any kind and in the Olympic spirit, which requires mutual understanding with a spirit of friendship, solidarity and fair play." –Olympic Charter

vCash
    Two of the South Korean archers have really awesome hipster glasses that I'm craving.

vCash
    I don't think I needed to see that.

KWEEN 2016! YES WE KWAN!
    vCash
    More of a yesterday void, but I'm going to have SO much fun with the name "Destinee Hooker" at these Olympics. :rockstar;

Failing her snatch
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Theatregirl1122 View Post
    It's not that they expected the Aussies to ride for Cav. They expected the Australians to ride for their World Silver Medalist, Matt Goss, who would have been a favorite for a medal if there had been a field sprint. Australia riding for Goss would also have helped Cav. If you watch the race, you'll notice that Germany road to bring the break back as well. They sure as hell weren't riding for Cav. They were riding for world bronze medalist Andrei Greipel who would have sprinted against Cav.

Britain didn't expect anyone to ride for Cav. There were several teams whose best interests were in having a sprint and Britain expected those teams to ride for a sprint.
    Babe - I was responding to someone else and the whole reason why cycling confuses me - But cheers
    Dont Hate! Gyrate!

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Complaining about other countries not helping out with your team strategy is just stupid and I don't care how many times someone tries to explain it to me.
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

vCash
    GBR beats Canada! It amuses me greatly that GBR and Canada even have beach volleyball teams.
    "The practice of sport is a human right. Every individual must have the possibility of practicing sport, without discrimination of any kind and in the Olympic spirit, which requires mutual understanding with a spirit of friendship, solidarity and fair play." –Olympic Charter

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Matryeshka View Post
    GBR beats Canada! It amuses me greatly that GBR and Canada even have beach volleyball teams.
    It was warmer in London than it was in Honolulu last week!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SHARPIE View Post
    Babe - I was responding to someone else and the whole reason why cycling confuses me - But cheers
    I know you were responding to someone else. I'm was just explaining why Britain would have expected that others would also be involved in the chase.

And I agree that complaining about it is stupid, allezfred. I just don't think it's ridiculous that they expected to have help since other teams would have benefited by helping them.

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Wonder if the BBC will nickname Ellen Gandy "Randy Gandy who likes a shandy".

Failing her snatch
    vCash
    Wonder if the BBC will nickname Ellen Gandy "Randy Gandy who likes a shandy".
    Dont be so childish! Im still pondering whether I have had a valid lift in my snatch
    Dont Hate! Gyrate!

Not summer :(
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Matryeshka View Post
    You need to get out more.
    Haunting the Princess of Pink since 20/07/11...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really View Post
    You need to get out more.
    Errr...OK. I get out plenty. If it makes you feel better, US participation in a lot of winter Oly sports amuses me also.

I was not aware that either GBR or Canada had warm sandy beaches where one could play the sport for a majority of the year. I am aware that Canada has several beautiful beaches...but I wouldn't want to be on them for eight months of the year.

Prick Admin
    vCash
    For the record, Mr. allezfred is now being freaked out by Ian Thorpe's eyes without any prompting from me.

Failing her snatch
    vCash
    For the record, Mr. allezfred is now being freaked out by Ian Thorpe's eyes without any prompting from me.
    Bloody non closet gays
    Dont Hate! Gyrate!

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Liam Tancock!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast