Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

vCash

Lesser-Sports, Greater-Sports, and A Whole Lotta Snarking: NBC Olys Day One

Snarkier, Fluffier, Sparklier!

Day One of the NBCs. Will there be more posts on the athletes, wuz-robbed, or at NBC!

Looking forward to swimming, diving, gymnastics, and athletes in tight-fitting clothing!
    "The practice of sport is a human right. Every individual must have the possibility of practicing sport, without discrimination of any kind and in the Olympic spirit, which requires mutual understanding with a spirit of friendship, solidarity and fair play." –Olympic Charter

vCash
    Probably NBC. You know how we love to complain about our TV.

Was Terry Gannon doing rowing?

vCash
    I think so. I hope one rower gets at least a three boatlength lead so he can say some facsimilie of "controlling their own destiny."
    "The practice of sport is a human right. Every individual must have the possibility of practicing sport, without discrimination of any kind and in the Olympic spirit, which requires mutual understanding with a spirit of friendship, solidarity and fair play." –Olympic Charter

vCash
    I may have closed my eyes and imagined it was skating...

I am so excited to see the Men's Gymnastics again! Because I'm a dork.

I've been watching all day but the goal is to go spoiler free in the evening broadcast threads, right?

vCash
    Goddamnit. I was hoping they buried Al Trautwig under the Hobbit Hill with the magic industrial ring.

So excited--I spent most of the day taking care of my sick doggie and only got to see a little of the games. But my doggie is better and can now enjoy swimmers and gymnasts.

vCash
    I was dumb and spent today plunked in front of the TV. Was that we had to listen to the NBC twats going on and on about the swimming results while telling us that we weren't going to get to watch them for another couple of hours.

I'm hoping to find a feed tomorrow to watch the women's gymnastics prelims live...

vCash
    I don't know if this is supposed to be spoiler free or not, so long as it's not snark-free.

We're the only ones in this thread, TG. The only result I know is men's gym, but then, I don't get all chuffed if someone gives a result. If I don't truly want to know, I'd stay away from the internet. It would be kind of hard for it to stay truly unspoiled as I figure most of the people participating in this forum have seen or read most of the results already.

vCash
    Should've guessed NBC would start off with beach volleyball

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by london_calling View Post
    Should've guessed NBC would start off with beach volleyball
    Bet they're not too happy with the rule change, though.

vCash
    Beach volleyball is not what I need to help me stay awake for another 3 hours until I have to catch my plane. How long does a typical game last? (Translation, when can I hope for NBC to switch to gymnastics or swimming?)

vCash
    Cook is 37??

vCash
    Great opening match in beach volleyball.

vCash
    I don't get the NBC infatuation with beach volleyball. I like volleyball. But not the beach kind.

I'm sticking to online coverage.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    I love beach volleyball. I started watching Misty and Karri in Athens. I'll be screaming like a tween if they 3peat.

The US men won earlier but it was pretty much a rout and not close like this first set is. The Aussies aren't going down without a fight.
    Adelina Sotnikova defeated the curse of Esta She is indeed the Greatest Of All Time!

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimena View Post
    I don't get the NBC infatuation with beach volleyball. I like volleyball. But not the beach kind.
    it's nice of the network to stick with them now that they are wearing shirts
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    There are three gold medalists on that court; of course they're going to show the match. These are people the average American have heard of. It's a sport most Americans are at least semi-familiar with.

And I like beach volleyball

vCash
    I always assumed NBC was infatuated with beach volleyball because the USA did really well in it.

vCash
    The volleyball is ok-ish filler, but I want to see men's gymnastics!!! I don't get why the Australians are wearing their bras over their shirts?

vCash
    I like beach volleyball, too!

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mkats View Post
    I was dumb and spent today plunked in front of the TV. Was that we had to listen to the NBC twats going on and on about the swimming results while telling us that we weren't going to get to watch them for another couple of hours.

I'm hoping to find a feed tomorrow to watch the women's gymnastics prelims live...
    NBC online showed everything today. If you have cable or satellite, it's all available. In fact, you can watch two events at once.
    Adelina Sotnikova defeated the curse of Esta She is indeed the Greatest Of All Time!

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast