Page 42 of 44 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveRocks View Post
    Speedy!! Nooooooo!
    I thought I was hallucinating (having just read a bunch of skating threads, lol).

I love watching swimming in the Olys. Sad that it's over, but happy for Michael, Missy, and all the other U.S. swimmers who this week!

I wonder if Michael will carry the U.S. flag in the CC.

vCash
    Michael might want to pull up his pants a little bit, lol.

where all the boys, men, wolves, jocks, otters, cubs, & bears are ;)
    vCash
    So Lochte is into water sports, eh?

Quadless
    vCash
    So unexpected to see Speedy handing out medals.

Japan really challenged the U.S. men until Adrian took off. What an exciting race.
    "I miss footwork that has any kind of a discernible pattern. The goal of a step sequence should not be for a skater to show the same ice coverage as a Zamboni and take about as much time as an ice resurface. " ~ Zemgirl, reflecting on a pre-IJS straight line sequence

vCash
    love the deep thoughts from Lochte

http://nymag.com/daily/fashion/2012/...n-lochte.html#

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Clay View Post
    LOL! I thought "Lochte HAS deep thoughts?" and had to click.

Such a philosopher.
    Trolling dates all the way back to 397 B.C. - People began following Plato around and would make fart noises after everything he said.

Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash
    What an end to the Swimming at these Olympic Games!! WOW!!

So happy that Brendan Hansen ends up w/a Gold Medal and how fitting that's the final colour of medal Michael Phelps ends up winning. What a career and then some!!

And what a meet for Canada!! We had a goal of two medals and Misson Accomplished!! Way to go Team!!

You know, it really hit me when they were all lining up to the blocks for the Relay, this is the end of a Generation of just amazing Swimmers across the board. Phelps, Kitajima, Hayden, I'm guessing this is it for Lethal Leisal Jones...I'm sure I'm blanking on a few, but it truly is the end of an era.

And what an era!!

Sigh...It's all over Olympics wise till Rio. Can't wait to see how the next four years shake down and who the next ones will be.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Clay View Post

I posted this video earlier in the week because I thought of it every time I heard Lochte speak but now it seems especially true.

Tranquillo
    vCash
    I saw a pic of Michael holding some sort of trophy by the pool. Does anyone know what that was?
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Garden Kitty View Post
    I saw a pic of Michael holding some sort of trophy by the pool. Does anyone know what that was?
    Special award from FINA for his career achievements. I don't know when they presented it, must have been soon after the medal ceremony for the relay.

I saw a photo of him holding it next to Bob Bowman, who looked like a proud father.

vCash
    WAAAAH I missed Michael's last swim!!!
    “Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.” William Shakespeare

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafter View Post
    I just read in the comments section in a Globe and Mail article on the 1500m that the Chinese coach has admitted to giving Sun a chemical substance called " bi-hydrogen oxide" to boost his strength. Is there any link anywhere in the Chinese media that quotes this? Is this legal as far as the IOC is concerned?

Makes you wonder if a lot of Chinese endurance athletes are taking the same thing.

For ex, I saw that a Chinese guy blew away the field in race walking.
    omg are you for real? Are people really just that bad in chemistry these days?

And seriously, don't make a bigger fool of yourself than you already have with your dislike for Chinese athletes
    Last edited by tchaikovsky_177; 08-04-2012 at 10:32 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Allskate View Post
    I know you're obsessively intent on making this about the evil westerners and their resentment of the poor Chinese, but

it's not.
    Not really, many in the west stood up up for Ye, include many credible experts in the field of swimming, IOC and BOA. I'd say good job the backlash is even stronger than the attack.

Someone from the Chinese delegation said he thought that Phelps was doping. And that's obviously not because he recently improved his

times tremendously or because there has been evidence of systematic doping by the American team. People around the world develop suspicions

based on both current and past conduct and performance. It's not fair to cast aspersions on a person just because of suspicion, but it's not

something that happens only in the western media or is merely due to the western media.
    Are you seriously about comparing the experience Ye had with the world media with Michael Phelps? Get some perspective please.

Give me one article that has any national official that went on record to imply MP might be doping before and during a competition WITHOUT any evidence. Ask how many times Michael has been bombarded with the question 'Are you a cheat?' 'Are you a swimming robot?' Questions that had been thrown at the 16 years old Ye repeatedly at the press conferences she took part, then we can can have a conversation. I am surprised she is not more upset about it and just said 'that is a bit unfair'. She acted more adult than all the adults accusers.

Oh, and if Le wants to sue for slander, she can. You don't have to be a citizen to do that.
    There's clearly no need when Mr. L's own words has already made him a world class laughing stock, and his 'world' coaching organisation has lost all credibility with his amateur insight on what construed as 'unbelievable' in his sport, despite his 40 years of coaching experience.

The best thing about this whole shenanigans is reading comments like:

Confucious wisdom: American sour grapes makes very poor whine.

which kept me laughing for a good few hours...and actually... yup still laughing

Quote Originally Posted by Lanna View Post
    There is nothing, nothing, nothing new about accusations of doping in swimming. This is not something new, not something

some evil sore-loser American thought up to take away from someone else's accomplishment.

There is nothing new under the sun, and there is really nothing new about doping in the pool.
    Upon the wisdom and advice of my fellow posters and one head of 'world' coaching organisation. I am just going to assume everyone is doped to the bone from now on, and benefit from undetectable genetic engineering. I am just going to assume WADA is completely uselss since plenty of US atheletes has been gettin away with it for years and some their entire career.

These new found wisdoms tells me clearly USA is ahead in the doping game as they are the natural global leader in the world of biotech. Their swimmers has demonstrated the most incredible 'Superman' like physiques (6ft 8 Griever, 6ft 1 Missy Franklin at 17), and despite their attractive packaging (incredibly bodelicious Nathan Adrian with the silky voice), their 'unbelievable' streaks of world records breaking gold medals had dominated and devastated the fields at the Olympics, from the 15 years olds teen sensation to 41 yrs olds Dara Torres that simoply defied belief. They are without a doubt THE MOST CHEATED NATION IN THE WORLD. No evidence is needed as clearly history already told us by the experts and their rules.

Better?

Fetalized since 1998
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Garden Kitty View Post
    http://www.examiner.com/slideshow/mi...slide=50977416

Failing her snatch
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by os168 View Post

Better?
    Perhaps finding something better to do would help? Aren't you off to see the 100M final tomorrow? Enjoy

Is it wrong I am EVILLELY over the fact that Speedy presented Michael Phelps with his last Olympic medal?
    Dont Hate! Gyrate!

engaged to dupa
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Prancer View Post
    LOL! I thought "Lochte HAS deep thoughts?"

Such a philosopher.
    I hope he finds a woman to make him "happy and that he can trust". Wonder what he'll do for her?
    3539 and counting.

Slightly Wounding Banana list cont: MacMadame.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by milanessa View Post
    I hope he finds a woman to make him "happy and that he can trust". Wonder what he'll do for her?
    Let her stay over two nights in a row?

Failing her snatch
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    Let her stay over two nights in a row?
    Dont Hate! Gyrate!

vCash
    Who's speedy?
    “Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.” William Shakespeare

engaged to dupa
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Who's speedy?
    You're kidding, right?
    3539 and counting.

Slightly Wounding Banana list cont: MacMadame.

Page 42 of 44 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 LastLast