Page 43 of 44 FirstFirst ... 3341424344 LastLast
    Cruder than you thought
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Who's speedy?
    Ottavio Cinquanta, president of the ISU, affectionately termed Speedy around here because he is a former speedskater who cares *so* much about the figure skating side of the ISU.

Those quotes from Lochte are just really embarrassing.
    Disclaimer: The post contained herein represents the opinions of a fan and may or may not bear any relation to reality.

Quadless
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AYS View Post
    Those quotes from Lochte are just really embarrassing.
    In so many ways.

Does Irie remind anyone else of Miki Ando? They could be siblings.
    "I miss footwork that has any kind of a discernible pattern. The goal of a step sequence should not be for a skater to show the same ice coverage as a Zamboni and take about as much time as an ice resurface. " ~ Zemgirl, reflecting on a pre-IJS straight line sequence

Watch me move
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by milanessa View Post
    I hope he finds a woman to make him "happy and that he can trust". Wonder what he'll do for her?
    Not steal all the sheets, and not leave the toilet seat up.

Although if he's used to peeing in the pool, maybe the toilet seat won't be an issue.
    Who wants to watch rich people eat pizza? They must have loved that in Bangladesh. - Randy Newman on the 2014 Oscars broadcast

vCash
    Soni is so tiny compared to the others.

Fantastic relay from the US girls.

vCash
    Amazing from an amazing US team! Go ladies!

Some place competitive and athletic, but ultimately more like an audition than anything else.
    vCash
    I like Lochte's swimming, but this Olympics has been a media train wreck for him.

vCash
    No more swimming.

And yeah, thank god Lochte is pretty cause damn, that boy don't seem so bright.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bardtoob View Post
    I like Lochte's swimming, but this Olympics has been a media train wreck for him.
    Least he won some Golds and it's not a Bode Miller 2006 where there is lots of coverage but no medal!

Some place competitive and athletic, but ultimately more like an audition than anything else.
    vCash
    ^ Very true.

vCash
    Can someone please explain to me why Speedy had anything to do with the swimming events?

Quote Originally Posted by os168 View Post
    Get some perspective please.

I nominate this for the most ironic and hypocritical post of the day.

Give me one article that has any national official that went on record to imply MP might be doping before and during a competition WITHOUT any evidence.
    I notice you are ignoring my point that it's not just westerners that express suspicion about steroids and cheating. And you're either very ignorant about the western media's coverage of doping suspicions about western athletes or you're just conveniently ignoring it. There have been reports on suspected doping of lots of much higher profile American athletes before any positive tests -- from Lance Armstrong to Barry Bonds to Sammy Sosa. There were reports about suspicions regarding Marion Jones for years before she finally tested positive. But, you are persistent in your wish to make this all about resentment of China.

BTW, Google is your friend. There are lots of articles out there about a Chinese Olympic doctor expressing his suspicions about Phelps:

http://www.inquisitr.com/289381/chin...f-steroid-use/

Better?
    No. You're getting more hysterical and illogical. I seriously suggest you take a deep breath, take a look back at your posts, and ask yourself why you are so obsessed with your anti-Western sentiment and your anger about this issue. You've gone off the deep end. (pun intended).

From now on, I think I'll take the advice someone gave in another Olympic thread with regard to how pointiless it is to argue with someone so emotional, obsessed, and illogical. I'm done. I genuinely hope you can get past this soon. It can't be healthy or fun.

Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Theatregirl1122 View Post
    Let's wait. I'm not ready!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloudy_Gumdrops View Post
    No more swimming.
    I know!!! It's always one of the highlights of the Summer Olympics for me.

And yeah, thank god Lochte is pretty cause damn, that boy don't seem so bright.
    He's not my type, but as for the rest of it....What on earth possibly gave that away to the rest of the World?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Allskate View Post
    Can someone please explain to me why Speedy had anything to do with the swimming events?
    Perhaps because he is a member of the IOC.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hindernisse View Post
    Perhaps because he is a member of the IOC.
    Yes but usually you have a member of the IOC presenting medals/flowers that has some connection to the sport where the medals are being awarded. Speedy has nothing to do with swimming!! Track cycling would make more sense for him being an ex speed skater!!!

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorac View Post
    Yes but usually you have a member of the IOC presenting medals/flowers that has some connection to the sport where the medals are being awarded.
    Not necessarily. Besides when water freezes what does it become?
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

vCash
    I notice you are ignoring my point that it's not just westerners that express suspicion about steroids and cheating. And you're either very ignorant about the western media's coverage of doping suspicions about western athletes or you're just conveniently ignoring it. There have been reports on suspected doping of lots of much higher profile American athletes before any positive tests -- from Lance Armstrong to Barry Bonds to Sammy Sosa. There were reports about suspicions regarding Marion Jones for years before she finally tested positive. But, you are persistent in your wish to make this all about resentment of China.

BTW, Google is your friend. There are lots of articles out there about a Chinese Olympic doctor expressing his suspicions about Phelps:

And you're ignoring that in the article you're referring to, the Chinese doctor (who btw is not currently an official unlike you claimed in your previous post) makes exactly the opposite point than what you're saying. His point is exactly that they did NOT make any allegations against Phelps whithout any evidence, even though they were also suspicious of him.
    During the Beijing Olympics you didn't see any headlines in the Chinese media like "Suspected Dope King goes for another gold" or something like that, which would have been about the equivalent of what the media did here with Ye.
    Last edited by tralfamadorian; 08-05-2012 at 01:58 PM.
    Don't you find it worrying that doctors call treating you their "practice" ?

Watch me move
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorac View Post
    Yes but usually you have a member of the IOC presenting medals/flowers that has some connection to the sport where the medals are being awarded. Speedy has nothing to do with swimming!! Track cycling would make more sense for him being an ex speed skater!!!
    Dick Pound was handing out the goodies at the rowing, and his only connection with that is that he used to be a swimmer, so he knows water

There are so many events and only so many IOC members. I'm guessing the IOC can't always assign a medal presenter with a connection to the sport just for logistical reasons.
    Who wants to watch rich people eat pizza? They must have loved that in Bangladesh. - Randy Newman on the 2014 Oscars broadcast

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by overedge View Post
    There are so many events and only so many IOC members. I'm guessing the IOC can't always assign a medal presenter with a connection to the sport just for logistical reasons.
    The IOC has a lot of rules about who can and cannot be a medal presenter.

I think this could have been a really cool moment, for example, but NON! said the IOC: http://www.stltoday.com/sports/olymp...bf6ae8b2e.html
    Trolling dates all the way back to 397 B.C. - People began following Plato around and would make fart noises after everything he said.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Prancer View Post
    The IOC has a lot of rules about who can and cannot be a medal presenter.

I think this could have been a really cool moment, for example, but NON! said the IOC: http://www.stltoday.com/sports/olymp...bf6ae8b2e.html

That would have been sooo cool! I was so hoping for this! But alas it was not to be.
    “Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.” William Shakespeare

vCash
    Hmm so overall thoughts on the swimming anyone?

I'm not surprised about Australia. It has been happening for a while especially on the mens side where they couldn't even win Golds at the Commonwealth games. I'm frankly glad no swimmer went out and simply dominated and won a number of golds. Much much better when things are shared around. Though I do wish countries put more of a challenge to the US.

I enjoyed that some records were broken but not the repetition where it began to get rather silly as in Beijing. I am always amazed that swimmers/athletes are willing to come back and back despite being considerably out of peak. I'm thinking of Pellingrini, Coventry, Jones and Schipper in particular. I am guessing many of the names we're used to seeing won't be seen anymore.

New Zealand were woeful. Outside Lauren Boyle who made the finals in the 400m and 800m freestyle where she placed eighth and fourth. The rest of the team were bad. Personal bests have to be achieved or otherwise don't attend. Considering several did not even make semifinals I question whether they deserved selection at all. Also if you make the semifinal please perform better than you do in the heats. Gareth Kean has the worse starts and turns of any backstroker I have seen.

Best final? Soni's 200m Breastroke win. I disliked her beating Liesel Jones in 2008 but I loved seeing her win here and get the breaststroke record.

vCash
    I nominate this for the most ironic and hypocritical post of the day.
    Thank you, I am deeply flattered. I want to assure you it was my every intention to create a 'post of the day', because that IS the whole purpose of my existence. I am touched and honoured SOMEONE has finally got the 'real' me and discovered my true 'gift' to the world.

While being so well chuffed with yourself, I would also recommend you also check out the meaning of 'sarcasm', 'satire', and the word 'irony' repeatedly. Maybe you can finally stand why I am having so much fun taking apart these double standards and so called expert knowledge that are so hilariously amateur and outright wrong from this one 'highly respected' US official that clearly has ulterior motives.

Perhaps I shouldn't be surprised that given you two shares remarkable similar arrogance and pomposity, that you too are unable to grasp on the importance of details and facts before reach a verdict. How you were not able to distinguish my disagreement with 1 sr. US official then decide to try to turn this into
    Anti-John Leonard = Anti- American= Anti Western???
    Since when does one John Leonard and his supporters represent western opinion? Are you freaking kidding me?! Are you saying anti-doping is exclusively to the west, and none from the east are against anti-doping?

And please don't drag UK and the rest of the world into this ugly mess. If you bother to read international press, you'd find there are plenty around the world reacted to this like I did, that deemed Meister Leonard's baseless accusations as 'unprofessional' and 'sour grapes'. What about the Australian Swimmer Ian Thorpe, Brit Swimmers/commentators Adrian Moorhouse, Sharon Davies, BOA Chairman, IOC, US press and even Michael Phelp's coach to name a few. Are they anti western too?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisf...eserve-apology

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/olympics/19062851

http://www.indianexpress.com/news/be...hiwen/983567/3

http://www.espn.co.uk/london-olympic...izxCWbpW4fW.99

http://www.sbnation.com/london-olymp...hould-lose-him

I notice you are ignoring my point that it's not just westerners that express suspicion about steroids and cheating.
    Actually I am trying to be kind and was hoping you'd able to take note of the date yourself. Does the fact this article appeared 4 years later AFTER Meister Leonard's public assertion means anything to you instead of the night of Phelps big race in Beijing?

Here's a clue: the term 'counter-attack'
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...am-doctor.html

And by the way - who exactly are the westerners? Am I not a westerner? Or is it just when I disagree with ONE westerner, I am suddenly an easterner/northerner/southerner or an anti-westerner? Is it my skin colour that gives it away?

I seriously suggest you take a deep breath, take a look back at your posts, and ask yourself why you are so obsessed with your anti-Western sentiment and your anger about this issue. You've gone off the deep end. (pun intended).
    Wow imagine the audacity and the ingenuity to able to lump together a patronising personal insult with a general sweeping generalisation and finish it off with a pun. Really you are trying much too hard to be like your hero. Read this article

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-stronger.html

Now imagine this is written in Chinese about someone like Missy Franklin at Beijing Olympics the night of her big race; AFTER China failed to beat her repeatedly. The real irony is this 'leader' of the sport that represent the free world is the only guilty party that uses propaganda based on science fiction to further his cold war.
    Last edited by os168; 08-06-2012 at 12:10 PM.

Page 43 of 44 FirstFirst ... 3341424344 LastLast