Iassen Petkov – 4th Jr Canadian Nationals
    Adriana DeSanctis – 5th Canadian Nationals
    Lauren Collins & Danny Seymour – Novice Canadian Champions
    Hannah Whitley & Elliott Graham – Pre Novice Sectional Dance Champions
    Semi Won – Ontario Winter Games Champion
    images on ice - Figure Skating Photography

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Just bumping up this thread for this Friday's show: http://www.mariposagala.info/
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Another article about tonight's show: http://www.simcoe.com/sports/article...ng-of-elegance
    Headlining the event are World Champion and Olympic Bronze Medalist Jeffrey Buttle and 2012 Bronze Medal World Champion Yuzuru Hanyu.
    4th Senior Canadian Nationals Kirsten Moore-Towers and Dylan Moscovitch, 5th Sr. Nationals and National Team Members Alexandra Paul and Mitchell Islam, Canadian Novice Pairs Champions Hayleigh Bell and Alistair Sylvester, Novice Canadian Champions Lauren Collins and Danny Seymour, and Pre Novice Sectional Dance Champions Hannah Whitley and Elliott Graham add to the shows pair’s lineup.
    Adriana Desanctis, who placed 5th at Canadian Nationals, Iassen Petkov, the 4th Jr Canadian National Champion, Ontario Winter Games Champion Semi Won, 3rd Place European Champion Elene Gedevanishvili and Men’s Senior National Champion of Spain Javier Fernandez round up the solo performers.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash

Mariposa Gala

Great show tonight. Nobu Oda was amazing and got the crowd going with a gorgeous triple axel and really fun footwork to New York, New York. Yuzuru landed an effortless quad. Jeff Buttle can keep your interest with wonderful edges and interpretation. Like Kurt Browning he can perform without needing any jumps. Very few can.

vCash
    Great show tonight though there were lots of empty seats, which was disappointing. The ticket price and cause were excellent so it's too bad more people didn't attend.

Like Lucy12, Oda, Hanya and Buttle were all standouts but I also really enjoyed Nguyen who showed a lot of personality in his number, Semi Won who is as cute as a button, Whitley/Graham were also adorable. There was a girl from Norway, whose name I can't find in the program, who had the most gorgeous spins too. I also quite enjoyed Paul/Islam. Their program was very lyrical and pretty. Notably absent were Moore-Towers/Moscovitch. All in all, it was a very enjoyable evening of skating and I'm glad I got to be there!

vCash
    Thanks for the reports. I wonder if Jen Robinson was in attendance.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by paskatefan View Post
    Thanks for the reports. I wonder if Jen Robinson was in attendance.
    I didn't see her, and it's unlikely as she and her husband no longer coach there. I did see Robert Tebby, Tugba Karademir, Doug Leigh and Brian Orser. Brian seemed to be enjoying his student's performances, though remained seated and did not skate it with them much to my dismay!

vCash
    Guys , people over at the Paul / Islam thread would love to know how they skated and if they looked to be in good shape . Anything to report ?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pratfall View Post
    Guys , people over at the Paul / Islam thread would love to know how they skated and if they looked to be in good shape . Anything to report ?
    They looked healthy and their speed was improved. Hopefully they have an injury free season so they can show what they can do.

Didn't see Jennifer Robinson in the audience. Re coaches: Lee Barkell was also there.

vCash

A very partial music list:

A very partial music list:
    - Adriana DeSanctis skated to Lady Gaga's Americano
    - Javier skated to his Lazy Song (Bruno Mars) EX
    - Nam Nguyen was added to the program (to my delightful surprise!) skated to his Smile + Don't Stop Till You Get Enough (Michael Jackson) EX. He is quite the showman and has an infectious smile!
    - Elene skated to what looked like a new exhibition number to Britney Spears' Baby One More Time. It was a nice throwback to the 90s!
    - Yuzuru skated to his new SP set to blues guitar music, Parisienne Walkways (Gary Moore). The program had a suave feel, quite the departure from his programs in previous seasons. To see a teenager skate to something like this could make for a hard sell to the judges, so it was really nice to see Hanyu put his SP out there for the second (?) time in public before GPS.
    - Also to my surprise, Nobunari Oda was added to the program. Nobunari skated to his new EX, New York, New York (Frank Sinatra) which was really well received by the audience. It was a great way for him to make a pre-GPS comeback after injury.
    - Jeff skated to Fleetwood Mac's Big Love (I loved the movement during this piece... "Ooh! Ahh!") and Joni Mitchell's Both Sides Now.
    Last edited by sarsee; 08-13-2012 at 05:01 PM.

vCash
    Thanks for the additional reports.

Re: Brian Orser - I would have loved to see him "skate" the programs along with his students. He is so animated when he does that!

vCash
    Sounds like a great show!

vCash
    Thank you all for the reports!
    I found some more reports on Twitter:
    http://togetter.com/li/353800
    (At the very bottom there are some cute photos with the skaters who participated in the show and also Brian Orser).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by inskate View Post
    Thank you all for the reports!
    I found some more reports on Twitter:
    http://togetter.com/li/353800
    (At the very bottom there are some cute photos with the skaters who participated in the show and also Brian Orser).
    Apologies in advance - I think most of the tweets (part of the fanaccount (not much of a report, really LOL!) are based on my tweets tweeted that night, translated to Japanese by @4T4S4A) are Hanyu/Oda centric

vCash
    My photos from the show, although I lost track of the names of some of the skaters in the first half.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/janetl...th/7785268860/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jeb View Post
    My photos from the show, although I lost track of the names of some of the skaters in the first half.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/janetl...th/7785268860/
    Thanks a lot!

The person who uploaded Yuzuru's program shared Nobunari's EX as well:
    http://crystalchandelure.tumblr.com/...this-was-taken
    Love the Rippon 3L and the variation on the Sandhu spin