Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1321222324 LastLast
    vCash
    So nice of NBC to tell me that Jake Dalton had a great night and had done really well on rings. Do you know what would have been nicer? Showing him on the freaking rings and vault! Seriously, how long would that have taken? About as long as they showed Horton waiting to go on PH.

vCash
    I think NBC like many other networks where just relying the official feed, so that is very likely not their fault.

vCash
    I apologize in advance, I appear to have woken up on the bitchy side of the bed this morning, but anyways...

Only was able to see what NBC showed in prime time. AKA most of the US routines, all of the botched routines from China/Japan.

Happy that the US won the qualifying, but I fear that will play with their heads on Monday.

that they didn't let Mikulak try for the AA, but I think they feared he'd knock out Leyva or Orozco.

that code-whore Kai made the HB finals with that awful routine. Thrilled to see Horton make it. I hope he medals although it will be hard with the difficulty of everyone else.

Leyva's FX score was so super generous it was disgusting. He landed each pass bent in half and I don't think stuck any of them.

Uchimura looked awful from the 2 clips we saw of him (of course they show his bad routines).

Waiting for someone in London to hunt Al down and muzzle him.

vCash
    Guo Weiyang was just horrendous (and could well cost the Chinese men gold, silver or maybe even bronze in the team final), but overall, all the Chinese men who are contenders for apparatus medals/golds all made the final (Kai, Chenglong, Zhe, Yibing) so yay!

A bit surprised Japan only has 3 men in apparatus finals (2 for PB and 1 for FX).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fridge_Break View Post
    Waiting for someone in London to hunt Al down and muzzle him.
    Ha!
    Al: "He hit his routine? What does that mean?"
    As if he doesn't know.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bek View Post
    I want artistry to matter in this sport again. And that's why I root for Russia, Uchimura etc....
    Same here. After all, it is still called "Artistic Gymnastics" I root for all of Team USA, because that's our team. However, I also have a huge appreciation for gymnasts from other countries who show both artistry and athleticism.

vCash
    So last night, NBC showed 2 routines by the Russians. Two.

And the web feed from yesterday is not up yet. I'm annoyed.

vCash
    Do the scores from day one carry over to tomorrow? I forgot.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rudi View Post
    Do the scores from day one carry over to tomorrow? I forgot.
    No. They're starting from zero.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimena View Post
    No. They're starting from zero.
    Cool. Thanks!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Domshabfan View Post
    I think NBC like many other networks where just relying the official feed, so that is very likely not their fault.

That's definitely not it. Lots of people around the world saw Jake's performances and saw a LOT of Russian performances. NBC chacked them.

Quote Originally Posted by rudi View Post
    Ha!
    Al: "He hit his routine? What does that mean?"
    As if he doesn't know.
    But the best part was when she responded by saying it meant that they had hit their routines. What does hitting mean? Hitting means hitting.

vCash
    No cable in this household, so I was able to tune into just a bit of the men's qualifying last night. Horrible coverage, as usual from NBC.

Their helpful instruction on the scoring included a green/yellow/red deduction 'hint' system: green is "hey, pretty good, not too many deductions" yellow is "wow, that's getting up there with deductions" and red is "probably too many deductions." Whaaa?? I thought that there was some base score and then an execution score that got added together, and then you subtract the deductions? They said absolutely nothing about that at all. And they cut away from one round without providing the standings at all.
    BARK LESS. WAG MORE.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LilJen View Post
    Their helpful instruction on the scoring included a green/yellow/red deduction 'hint' system: green is "hey, pretty good, not too many deductions" yellow is "wow, that's getting up there with deductions" and red is "probably too many deductions." Whaaa?? I thought that there was some base score and then an execution score that got added together, and then you subtract the deductions? They said absolutely nothing about that at all. And they cut away from one round without providing the standings at all.
    It's more confusing. They're trying to get rid of having two scores (D and E) because maybe they thought that was confusing?

I think it's stupid. As someone who really likes this FIG scoring system, NBC is just making it worse and more difficult to understand.

vCash
    Here we go!

vCash
    Ok, after they constantly showed John Orozco's parents during the broadcast, I searched online to read about his upbringing...at what age he was adopted, the circumstances, the faced hurdles, etc. Everything I read say he was born to parents William and Damaris Orozco. If this guy is Damaris' biological son, obviously she was forgiven by her husband for the affair she had.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimena View Post
    It's more confusing. They're trying to get rid of having two scores (D and E) because maybe they thought that was confusing?
    I guess they think we can't do basic math, and we can only understand traffic signals instead.

where all the boys, men, wolves, jocks, otters, cubs, & bears are ;)
    vCash
    I would be over the moon excited if the Men's Qualification AA top 3 ended up being the official AA top 3. Leyva, Belyavskiy, and Hambuchen are all definite favorites of mine!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by duane View Post
    Ok, after they constantly showed John Orozco's parents during the broadcast, I searched online to read about his upbringing...at what age he was adopted, the circumstances, the faced hurdles, etc. Everything I read say he was born to parents William and Damaris Orozco. If this guy is Damaris' biological son, obviously she was forgiven by her husband for the affair she had.
    Well, since we Puerto Ricans are pretty mixed, we can have "white" parents give birth to pretty dark kids. It happens quite often and most of our families have a wide array of skin tones. His dad looks to me to be what we call a "jabao"- someone with African features but light skin, hair and eyes.

But then again, John might be adopted for all I know.

vCash
    OMG I fell utterly in love with the Russians today. They were amazing. Germany were really good too. Though obviously gutting for Boy. Am way behind on the womens side but hopefully catch up eventually.

vCash
    People who've shared gyms with him say that John was adopted, and open about it in his real life. I can't confirm this to be true or not.
    And so, dear Lord, it is with deep sadness that we turn over to you this young woman, whose dream to ride on a giant swan resulted in her death. Maybe it is your way of telling us... to buy American.

Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1321222324 LastLast