Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    vCash
    Yeah, that's a big bummer about the empty seats, especially since there are a lot of people who want to go. Reminds me of Athens.

aka IceSkate98
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by liv View Post
    Looks like they're going to look into those empty seats and see what sponsors didn't have people show etc... ridiculous to reserve prime seats for people who don't even bother to show up. At least these days computer records can make it easier to track...not that they will necessarily be able to do anyting about it..but it really looks bad and changes the atmosphere.
    And that should have been a very good reason to allow people to have those seats that wanted to see the competitions. Those empty seats just made it look like people weren't interested in those games/competitions that were watching on TV. That's how it looked to me. It really did look bad.
    Angie
    “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” ~ Thomas A. Edison

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rjblue View Post
    Bwah! The London designers didn't want to make the mistake they did in Vancouver and hide the flame behind ugly fencing, so they just hid it completely because people can see it on TV.

If I were able to be in London right now, I'd be extremely disappointed at not being able to even glimpse the flame. The London cauldron is probably the most beautiful concept ever, but I'd rather have a simple pan flaming somewhere where everyone could see it.
    “With the technology we now have that didn’t exist at the time it can be shared with everyone in the park with screens,” Heatherwick said. “We felt that sharing it with the screens reinforces the intimacy.”

Before arriving for the opening ceremony, the flame had traveled across the U.K. in a 70-day torch relay covering 8,000 miles. Organizers said that public exposure — 15 million Britons have seen it — was more important than showing it off in a park.
    from the article--first of all, seen from a screen is like not being there, and what about the non 15 million Britons who are now in London for the games? They didn't even get to see the torch relay!

Dumb spin for a dumb idea
    "Me, cutie/chicken, the egg cup, I am the hammer of my spoon!"--Jen_Faith translation

vCash
    Phelps was flummoxed in his interview right after the race. Apparently he was 15 years old the last time he missed an Olympic podium?? If that is true that is amazing. No wonder he was stunned. I want to say his other races against Ryan are Ryan's to lose but I don't think Phelps will not be going quietly. In their other races (provided they get through the heats) I hope they have close lane assignments.
    Last edited by Cachoo; 07-29-2012 at 06:01 PM.

Failing her snatch
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by allezfred View Post
    Good job then that I've got tickets to go inside the stadium.
    I thought it was going to sit aloft that voidy swirly red thing outside the stadium I was just wondering what the point of that was if not to house the flame.
    Dont Hate! Gyrate!

vCash
    Lochte! <3

Quote Originally Posted by SHARPIE View Post
    You're as bad as Frankie Boyle!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...Adlington.html

Grrrr , he is a wanker. The woman had to delete her twitter cos of shit like this.
    Wow... This is just really sick and twisted bullying.

BBC should have fired him.

vCash
    Does wanker mean he probably has the world's smallest johnson? And btw--I think she looks fantastic!

vCash
    1. He's a moron, if true
    2. It's the daily mail
    “Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.” William Shakespeare

Failing her snatch
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    1. He's a moron, if true
    2. It's the daily mail
    Oh it's true, he has made many classless comments over the years.
    Dont Hate! Gyrate!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cachoo View Post
    Does wanker mean he probably has the world's smallest johnson? And btw--I think she looks fantastic!
    Wanker means asshole. More or less.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910