Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 151
  1. #121
    Corgi Wrangler
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Not Wearing Enough Sparkles
    Posts
    6,456
    vCash
    510
    Rep Power
    5546
    Quote Originally Posted by sk8er1964 View Post
    Well, count yourself lucky because for lots of people, it's pretty easy to gain that kind of weight. I gained 20 pounds in less than four months when I quit smoking.
    Tell me about it. Having an eight-hour-a-day desk job did a number on my weight.

    And it's not like ANY of the stars really practice alone, so do you think Mark was just making her work for ten minutes when the cameras were rolling and then letting her slack off? She didn't dance like it. Again, I realize it's hard to tell when the girl isn't just letting the pro fling her around, but she WAS NOT A BAD DANCER. If anything, she's the one to point to for people who want to take ballroom lessons, because that's FAR more reasonable progress (and more what a real teacher will do with a true n00b--the 'ringers' get flash and trash because they can fake it, the clods look like clods mostly because they're being given material that vastly exceeds their ability and they DON'T have performing chops to cover it. Mark took a smarter road with a non-ringer and just tried to teach her how to dance rather than cover it up with goofy costumes and flinging her through routines.)

    And look on the bright side, those who go into rabid fits at the name "Palin"--would you rather have Cloris and Corky back?

  2. #122
    I <3 Kozuka
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Vancouver/Seattle
    Posts
    19,207
    vCash
    730
    Rep Power
    43906
    Quote Originally Posted by danceronice View Post
    Again, I realize it's hard to tell when the girl isn't just letting the pro fling her around, but she WAS NOT A BAD DANCER. If anything, she's the one to point to for people who want to take ballroom lessons, because that's FAR more reasonable progress (and more what a real teacher will do with a true n00b-... Mark took a smarter road with a non-ringer and just tried to teach her how to dance rather than cover it up with goofy costumes and flinging her through routines.)
    I think it would be great if pros took this approach, and the voters pretty much say "bite us" when Len drones on and on about how this is Week X, and they need to be more complicated, etc. The judges get to use their criteria: I wish, aside from interest groups and fan bases, if the fans could say, "We like watching people learn to dance correctly and improve at a reasonable pace" (while wearing tasteless outfits and dancing with pros).
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

  3. #123
    Corgi Wrangler
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Not Wearing Enough Sparkles
    Posts
    6,456
    vCash
    510
    Rep Power
    5546
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post
    I think it would be great if pros took this approach, and the voters pretty much say "bite us" when Len drones on and on about how this is Week X, and they need to be more complicated, etc. The judges get to use their criteria: I wish, aside from interest groups and fan bases, if the fans could say, "We like watching people learn to dance correctly and improve at a reasonable pace" (while wearing tasteless outfits and dancing with pros).
    And it's not like that would mean nothing exciting, because you ALWAYS have ringers (plus there is only so much you can do with the men early on.) Someone with extensive non-ballroom dance will learn FASTER than someone with none, and those ringers usually win anyway.

    WORSE idea than Cloris: Bring back Master P. Now, THERE is someone who clearly did nothing and willfully would not learn.

  4. #124
    I <3 Kozuka
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Vancouver/Seattle
    Posts
    19,207
    vCash
    730
    Rep Power
    43906
    The producers allowed Master P to participate, even though he could only practice a fraction of what the other pros did. I think that was a huge mistake. I hated the way his pro pouted and threw him under the bus, instead of saying, "Hey, we had X hours this week, and this is what you can do in X hours."
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

  5. #125

    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Geocaching
    Posts
    1,452
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    1654
    Quote Originally Posted by danceronice View Post
    And look on the bright side, those who go into rabid fits at the name "Palin"--would you rather have Cloris and Corky back?

    or Kate Gosselin
    Never mess with a geocacher. We know the best places to hide a body....

  6. #126
    Corgi Wrangler
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Not Wearing Enough Sparkles
    Posts
    6,456
    vCash
    510
    Rep Power
    5546
    Quote Originally Posted by Sassafras View Post

    or Kate Gosselin


    She'd HAVE to get a new pro because I bet Tony would quit rather than go through that again.

  7. #127
    Beach Bum
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Maryland burbs and shore
    Posts
    13,109
    vCash
    583
    Rep Power
    10376
    Quote Originally Posted by danceronice View Post
    Tell me about it. Having an eight-hour-a-day desk job did a number on my weight.

    And it's not like ANY of the stars really practice alone, so do you think Mark was just making her work for ten minutes when the cameras were rolling and then letting her slack off? She didn't dance like it. Again, I realize it's hard to tell when the girl isn't just letting the pro fling her around, but she WAS NOT A BAD DANCER. .. Mark took a smarter road with a non-ringer and just tried to teach her how to dance rather than cover it up with goofy costumes and flinging her through routines.)
    I agree with you but there was that gorilla suit. That was Bristol right?


    They could have an All crap season with Master P, Kate Gosselin, Macy gray, Monica Seles, tucker Carlson, Kenny Mayne, Tom delay, Michael Bolton, who else?
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

  8. #128
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Peyton Place
    Posts
    807
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    They could have an All crap season with Master P, Kate Gosselin, Macy gray, Monica Seles, tucker Carlson, Kenny Mayne, Tom delay, Michael Bolton, who else?
    Cloris Leachman

  9. #129
    Thunder & Lightning!!!
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    A tiny corner of my own mind!
    Age
    54
    Posts
    4,442
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    41928
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
    While I never considered her fat, Bristol herself admitted to gaining weight.

    http://www.showbizspy.com/article/21...-an-issue.html

    And this time around, her goal is to not gain weight.

    http://realitytvmagazine.sheknows.co...ith-the-stars/

    So maybe it was her diet, and not her lack of work ethic, but I just have trouble seeing how someone could dance 6-8 hours a day and still gain weight.
    Remember that muscle is more dense than fat, it’s possible to lose fat but still gain weight by gaining more muscle.

    I know someone who totally changed their habits...ate a healthier diet and exercised every day.

    The first time she stepped on the scale, she was shocked to have gained 8 pounds. (especially since her clothes felt looser)

    She called the doctor and was relieved to have it explained to her that since she had been in very poor shape, that is what was happening.

    I am not saying that is all that was happening with Bristol, but it may have been a factor.

    As for Bristol herself, I was expecting not to like her. But, I was surprised. I think she tried hard and showed improvement each week.
    Peace & Love, Gypsy
    Even a man who is pure in heart and says his prayers by night, may become a wolf when the wolfbane blooms and the autumn moon is bright.


  10. #130
    Thunder & Lightning!!!
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    A tiny corner of my own mind!
    Age
    54
    Posts
    4,442
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    41928
    Quote Originally Posted by orbitz7391 View Post
    Cloris Leachman
    Tom Wozniak? Mike Sorrentino (The Situation)? David Hasselhoff? Ron Artest (Metta World Peace)?
    Peace & Love, Gypsy
    Even a man who is pure in heart and says his prayers by night, may become a wolf when the wolfbane blooms and the autumn moon is bright.


  11. #131
    YEAH!
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Worshipping Grebenkina...
    Posts
    13,810
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    11008
    Jerry Springer? (Actually, he's one of my all time faves)

  12. #132

    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    1,883
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    1388
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherub721 View Post
    Jerry Springer? (Actually, he's one of my all time faves)
    Jerry Springer was awesome. Steve Wozniak was fun to watch because he was so into it.

    The Situation and Meta World Peace were obnoxious and bad dancers.

  13. #133
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    9,802
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I wish Albert Reed would've lasted longer. I know that Anna would've had him shed more of his clothings as the weeks progressed .

    The Aiden dude was nice and he tried. He couldn't believe that he got kicked off before Kate .

  14. #134

    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    1,883
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    1388
    Quote Originally Posted by orbitz View Post
    I wish Albert Reed would've lasted longer. I know that Anna would've had him shed more of his clothings as the weeks progressed .
    He was all kinds of gorgeous and a pretty decent dancer, but had zero name recognition.

  15. #135
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Massachusetts USA
    Posts
    594
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I love the new cast, but I would've enjoyed seeing Stacey Kiebler on again.

    But I can't choose who I want to win! Drew, Gilles, and Apollo woe is me...

  16. #136
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Watching some crackling good television
    Age
    27
    Posts
    7,515
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiralgraph View Post
    I love the new cast, but I would've enjoyed seeing Stacey Kiebler on again.
    This. I wish they would have done this a few seasons earlier than they did. That way we'd have a less-large pool of contestants and wouldn't have to leave out some names that really should be there (obviously assuming their schedules all would have permitted). That being said, this is a ridiculously group!

  17. #137
    Corgi Wrangler
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Not Wearing Enough Sparkles
    Posts
    6,456
    vCash
    510
    Rep Power
    5546
    I don't ever want to see "The Situation" again EVER in ANY context. Ever.

  18. #138
    Sexy Superhero
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Running Amok
    Posts
    932
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiralgraph View Post
    I love the new cast, but I would've enjoyed seeing Stacey Kiebler on again.
    Rumor is that she was offered a spot, but her bf said it's the show or me, and she chose him.

  19. #139

    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    1,883
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    1388
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
    Rumor is that she was offered a spot, but her bf said it's the show or me, and she chose him.
    I doubt her bf said that. More like she said her life with her very famous bf makes her too big for the show. She'll leave it to his exes.

  20. #140
    Shadow dancing
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    A small camper in the woods.
    Posts
    16,372
    vCash
    800
    Rep Power
    25484
    When does this season start?

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •