Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    vCash
    So, even though I know I'm being pulled in by the gimmick, I'm still excited for this season of DwtS, lol. So many celebs that I love that I don't think I'll vote at all because I just can't choose.

I'm really looking forward to seeing Shawn back, honestly. She's in much better shape now than she was back in '08...back then she was dealing with some very normal post-competition body changes. She's gotten a handle on her new figure lately, and I've no doubt she will rock whatever costumes they give her. And she's older now, so I can see Derek being a little more bold and edgy than Mark could be back in her original season. She's still not 21 but she's over eighteen so I don't think anybody cares now. :p

And I'm so excited to see Kirstie again! And Apolo! And Giles! If they add Kyle back, my life will be complete.

vCash
    Has anyone seen the chapter in Hope Solo's new book talking about her experience on DWTS? Someone on Twitter posted photos of pages and if what she's saying is true, Maks is dead to me. I used to find him so hot but now all I see is ugly.

YEAH!
    vCash
    Can you post a link to the twitter? I'm interested in reading it.

vCash
    Some information about this here.

But according to Hope's new memoir, "Solo: A Memoir of Hope," things were even worse backstage. In a section devoted to "Dancing," the Olympic gold medalist claims that during one particularly tough practice session, Maks got so angry with her that "he slapped me across the face. Hard." She wrote that "he was extremely apologetic," and that her ears rang afterward. Hope also claims that the cameras were rolling during the incident (the footage later disappeared, according to her) and that ABC had offered to take Maks off the show and give her a new partner, but she declined.

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    Um...I find that somewhat far-fetched. Hard to believe ABC would let it slide, and hard to believe she'd actually stay.

YEAH!
    vCash
    It's believable to me considering he was getting very rough with her in one of the group practices that was shown, even among a crowd of other dancers. Sounds like ABC did cover themselves by asking if she wanted another partner. As for why she would want to stay, who knows, maybe she felt like it was too late to change partners and she wanted to "tough it out" and be "strong." He's always had an abusive vibe to me (emotionally, if not physically). Considering DWTS keeps inviting Chris Brown back to perform, I wouldn't really be surprised at anything they do. Kind of sad if this is true that a crappy show like Big Brother has better standards for removing violent cast members.

In other news, Gilles is already injured, but it doesn't sound serious and he's still going to dance. Also gives his first impressions on Peta.

Shadow dancing
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimena View Post
    Some information about this here.
    If you read further down the article, she also accused her coach of pushing her in a team meeting, something which he vehemently denies.

The source with ties to the situation also branded Hope "a compulsive liar," citing an alleged altercation the goalie had with former coach Greg Ryan. In the new book, Hope says Ryan shoved her in a meeting when the women's soccer team was in China for the 2007 World Cup, an allegation that the coach has refuted.

"This allegation is completely false. I did not shove or push Hope as I’ve been accused in her book," Ryan said in a statement. "I would have been terminated immediately by USA Soccer had this allegation been true. I have openly discussed the contents of the meeting and this is the first time that this accusation has been brought to light."

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherub721 View Post
    In other news, Gilles is already injured...
    VOTEGRAB!!!

It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    He and Peta won't need that to get votes!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatesindreams View Post
    He and Peta won't need that to get votes!
    That is going to be one hot team.

Obviously it's hard to say whether Hope Solo's accusations about Maksim are true, but I wouldn't be completely surprised since there is a history of him getting angry either with the judges or his partners.

gold dust woman
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by danceronice View Post
    Um...I find that somewhat far-fetched. Hard to believe ABC would let it slide, and hard to believe she'd actually stay.
    This...although I do remember them having a rocky relationship on the show. But I doubt they would allow him to get away with this stuff when cameras were rolling.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Or that she didn't knee him in the balls and smack his head against a wall. She's hardly a delicate flower who can't take care of herself. She does have a tendency to drink, party and run her mouth when she'd be better to keep it shut.
    Adelina Sotnikova defeated the curse of Esta She is indeed the Greatest Of All Time!

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Veronika View Post
    This...although I do remember them having a rocky relationship on the show. But I doubt they would allow him to get away with this stuff when cameras were rolling.
    Yeah, there's a difference between yelling at someone (I'm surprised figure-skating fans find that odd, from a Russian, no less-Maks isn't a lovey-dovey hand-holding kind of teacher) and physically slapping them across the face. And as said, she's got a history of...embellishing stories to place herself in the victim role.

vCash
    I think if Maks had really done anything "questionable"; beyond what any tough, perfectionist teacher does, he would not be under contract.
    ABC wouldn't risk it, considering the potential legal consequences.

vCash
    From Maks' Twitter on the 16th:
    Always hated hypocrites and liars...but when someone is both AND an opportunist, I just feel bad for them. Can't win at someone's expense...

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatesindreams View Post
    I think if Maks had really done anything "questionable"; beyond what any tough, perfectionist teacher does, he would not be under contract.
    ABC wouldn't risk it, considering the potential legal consequences.
    ita

he seems like a tool but so does she

he's popular but i dont think the show wants a legal liability on their hands
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    Would Hope really make up such a story just to sell some books ? Maybe Mak did "smack" her, not in a mean way but as in a "Snap Out Of It !" way like Cher did to Nic Cage in Moonstruck.

vCash
    Her "history" is full of drama - told from her perspective.
    This is just another example.

We have no way of knowing what really happened.

vCash
    cast pictures

Shawn Johnson looks great. She & Derek should go far.

Peta Murgatroyd. She's scorchingly HOT. Almost made me asked, "Edyta who?"

Joey, Drew, Apolo, Emmitt - all look like they've put on some pounds.

Melissa Rycroft - all she needs is a pair of white skates to complete the outfit.

Mark Ballas - He's doing his nerdy look again. Ugh.

Pam and Tristan - I'm not sure Tristan is sexy enough for Pam, but maybe she can bring it out in hi

vCash
    Peta Murgatroyd. She's scorchingly HOT
    That description fits her partner, also.
    Wow!

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast