Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Go Apolo!

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Have any of the pros been tweeting? I hope this lineup means van Amstel might be back, and, if so, I hope he and Dovolani have contenders, although it seems like the men are the pick of the field.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tarotx View Post
    But a lot of them can vote for Shawn who will be hawking her decidedly Christian autobiography
    http://www.christianpost.com/news/ol...ce-book-78206/

Love this cast! It'll be interesting to see how much Shawn plays up her knee injury on DWTS.
    I wonder how much she spoke about her make out sessions in Beijing?
    Beefcake's fancy, saccharine, artsy, drag bingo cliche effusing, bipolar, OTT fashionista manchild

Tranquillo
    vCash
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

Tranquillo
    vCash
    They announced the pro pairings today. Mark is with Bristol Palin again, and Derek is with Shawn Johnson.

vCash
    Shawn's stuck with Derek

Pairings:

Kirstie Alley & Maks Chmerkovskiy
    Pamela Anderson & Tristan MacManus
    Helio Castroneves & Chelsie Hightower
    Joey Fatone & Kym Johnson
    Shawn Johnson & Derek Hough
    Drew Lachey & Anna Trebunskaya
    Gilles Marini & Peta Murgatroyd
    Kelly Monaco & Val Chmerkovskiy
    Apolo Anton Ohno & Karina Smirnoff
    Bristol Palin & Mark Ballas
    Melissa Rycroft & Tony Dovolani
    Emmitt Smith & Cheryl Burke

No word on who's in the running to be partners for Carson/Kyle/Sabrina, whoever is voted in.

vCash
    I was undecided whether or not I wanted everyone with different partners than first time around, but in the end I'm glad they put Kirstie with Maks and Joey with Kym. I loved these pairings first time around. And i wish Drew was with Cheryl again but this should go well with Anna. They could have paired Gilles with Tom for all I cared, just as long as he's there.

I think Shawn with Derek is a wonderful pairing. He'll bring out the best in her I'm sure. Love him or hate him, he's brilliant.

Hope Pam lasts longer this time. Love me a hot mess of an aging bombshell.

Glad Bristol's with Mark again. He has the experience with her clumping around, no need to force that on another professional.

vCash
    I hope that Peta and Gillies will be a good pairing.
    I thought that Chery/Emmitt would be partnered.

aspiring tri-national
    vCash
    Carson got all my votes. He's so charming, I don't care he can't dance.
    "Youth and vigor is no match for age and deceit." -- Prancer

vCash
    Gilles & Peta for the win ! Peta was fierce last season, and we all know how good Gilles was in his season. They should be the couple to beat.

Poor Tristan and Val. They won't be around long. I hope Bristol is off soon too.

Drew & Anna should do well, but she'll again go home without the mirrored ball this season.

Apolo & Karina should be good too; I'd like to see him with someone younger though.

vCash
    Shoot, all of Shawn's "cute and bubbly" votes are going to be canceled out by Derek's "he's so annoying" votes. :p Hello early vote off! I can't stand the guy but he DOES do good dancing, so maybe if we just skip all the pre-show stuff and just watch the dancing, they'll be ok. And maybe Shawn's smiley attitude will lessen his annoying-ness? :p

Tranquillo
    vCash
    It will be interesting to see Derek without his usual " sexy starlet". Mark was actually very good with Shawn and recognized she was young and not comfortable with "the sexy". I'll give Derek credit if he is as good with Shawn as Mark was.

YEAH!
    vCash
    Shawn is four years older and not a minor anymore so she might be a lot more comfortable with "the sexy" now.

Shawn/Derek and Karina/Apolo are definitely the two new teams I'm looking forward to the most! Apolo is the best dancer here, IMO, and Karina is the best remaining female pro and she now has a win behind her. Never count out the athletes. I'm just happy they didn't give Apolo to Cheryl. I do dread seeing more of Emmit's funky wedding dancing or whatever.

Peta/Gilles should be awesome as well.

Surprised that they would pretty much waste Mark on Bristol in an all star season. Maybe she refused to do it otherwise.

I really wanted Pamela to be paired with Dmitri; they would have been so hot!

Helio/Chelsie is just a pathetic attempt to recreate Helio/Julianne (blonde young Mormon girl). I don't see them lasting.

Surprised they gave Drew to Anna since he seems to be one of their favorite ex-contestants and Anna is not a favored pro. I would have rather seen her with Gilles and Peta with Drew (makes more sense heightwise) but oh well.

Yay for Joey/Kym and Melissa/Tony being back together!

I was already worried about Kelly, but now that she's with Val her fate is pretty much sealed to go out first.

I bet whoever gets voted in will be with a member of the troupe.

vCash
    I'm betting it will be Carson with Lacey.

vCash
    I knew it was a longshot for Julianne to come back, but I'm still disappointed.
    I'll still watch because Apolo is with Karina whom I like, but I wanted Apolianne! :

Thank the gods they didn't put him with Cheryl.

I actually thought they'd put him with Chelsie to try to recreate an Apolo/Julianne type thing. Thankfully, they didn't go there.

YEAH!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloudy_Gumdrops View Post
    I actually thought they'd put him with Chelsie to try to recreate an Apolo/Julianne type thing. Thankfully, they didn't go there.
    I thought so too. If Apolo couldn't be with Julianne, Karina is definitely the next best choice. She is going to come out with amazing choreography and he's actually going to be able to execute. I'm actually stunned the producers gave her such a popular candidate. Makes me wonder if she's boinking one of them. (Not that she has to, but she got so many duds after Mario that I thought they didn't like her... remember when they told her she'd be paired with a veteran, and she thought they meant a WW1 vet, hah).

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Norlite View Post
    I was undecided whether or not I wanted everyone with different partners than first time around, but in the end I'm glad they put Kirstie with Maks and Joey with Kym. I loved these pairings first time around. And i wish Drew was with Cheryl again but this should go well with Anna. They could have paired Gilles with Tom for all I cared, just as long as he's there.

I think Shawn with Derek is a wonderful pairing. He'll bring out the best in her I'm sure. Love him or hate him, he's brilliant.

Hope Pam lasts longer this time. Love me a hot mess of an aging bombshell.

Glad Bristol's with Mark again. He has the experience with her clumping around, no need to force that on another professional.
    Seriously, never go to a real ballroom competition. Bristol would fit in with the pre-bronze/bronze I crowd and probably place pretty well. She actually got taught to dance as Mark wasn't dumb enough to try and make her do theatrical shows. Most of the celebs, with a couple of exceptions like Apolo, would get their butts handed to them as they've gotten taught tricks, not how to dance. (The women, at least--by virtue of the medium the men usually have to learn more to function.)

The only way they can stop Derek on this one is if Karina and Apolo just blow everyone out of the water. Though dark horse for Drew and Anna, if he can perform with her like he did with Cheryl...Instead of "Save a Horse", "She Thinks My Tractor's Sexy" for a country freestyle?

Tristan and Val, we hardly knew ye.

Hm...what girls are left if it's Carson or Kyle? For Sabrina...Louis van Amstel? He's the only one I can think of who's a LIKELY returnee that's not on the list. They wouldn't give her to Corky...would they? In which case new ball game, as Corky might be a bit old but he CAN coach when he wants to and he CAN still likely outdance everyone except possibly Louis. Or one of the "Troupe"?

Beach Bum
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by danceronice View Post
    Hm...what girls are left if it's Carson or Kyle?
    Lacey

Sabrina - Louis, Dmitry
    Last edited by Rob; 08-13-2012 at 10:36 PM.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

vCash
    Oh please please please let me get some Kyle/Lacey again! That would rock beyond belief. He really was robbed in his season and I'd love to see him get a second chance.

vCash
    The mirror ball trophy made it to the Packer Stockholders meeting, I forget who showed up with it, but it made an appearance. Also Peta showed up at Donald Driver's charity softball game last month.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast