Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

vCash
    I am 57 years old and as far as TPTB on television and radio go, not only do I no longer exist, but no one over 25 does, either. This show had some of the most boring skating music I have ever witnessed. Oh wait, Disson is having Barry Manilow on for the 417th time on an upcoming show. I guess that is supposed to satisfy dinosaurs like myself. Maybe I will start muting the skating and putting Pink Floyd on while watching. At least Nationals should have some musical interpretation. These days to see artistry, you have to watch competitions!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by snoopysnake View Post
    I am 57 years old and as far as TPTB on television and radio go, not only do I no longer exist, but no one over 25 does, either. This show had some of the most boring skating music I have ever witnessed. Oh wait, Disson is having Barry Manilow on for the 417th time on an upcoming show. I guess that is supposed to satisfy dinosaurs like myself. Maybe I will start muting the skating and putting Pink Floyd on while watching. At least Nationals should have some musical interpretation. These days to see artistry, you have to watch competitions!
    I watched it only out of loyalty to some of the Stars who I'm a fan of. It was a cheesefest all the way but these days there's not much out there for top skaters pro-wise and even less for gymnasts.

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mollymgr View Post
    Interviews from this event:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HwU8neaaTQ
    Related article (June 8, 2013) with the above interview embedded: Overcoming bullying: Figure skating star Jeremy Abbott’s story
    Earlier related article (Jan. 19, 2013): Skating champ Jeremy Abbott: “I would come home in tears”
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123