28 15.64%
  • Krylova & Ovsiannikov

69 38.55%
  • Anissina & Peizerat

82 45.81%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

vCash

Figure Skating Champions SURVIVOR: ICE DANCE SEMI-FINAL

Lovey dovey definetly is not FSU favorite style..

4TH PLACE: VIRTUE & MOIR (46.51% of votes)

THIS IS OUR PODIUM:

01. Oksana Grishuk & Evgeny Platov - RUS - 1994,1995,1996 & 1997 Worlds and 1994 & 1998 Olympic Champions.
    02. Angelica Krylova & Oleg Ovsiannikov - RUS - 1998 and 1999 World Champions.
    03. Marina Anissina & Gwendal Peizerat - FRA - 2000 World and 2002 Olympic Champions.

Already eliminated:
    05th Place: Navka & Kostomarov (51.45% votes)
    06th Place: Denkova & Staviski (38.53% votes)
    07th Place: Davis & White (39.29% votes)
    08th Place: Delobel & Schoenfelder (37.45% votes)
    09th Place: Bourne & Kraatz (41.85% votes)
    10th Place: Lobacheva & Averbukh (46.60% votes)
    11th Place: Domnina & Shabalin (29.65% votes)
    12th Place: Fusar-Poli & Margaglio (48.77% votes)

Who gets the BRONZE.. YOU DECIDE.

vCash
    K&O for me. I love voidiness more than anything in dance but Carmen and the african drums FS were artsy just for the sake of it and felt shallow and freaky instead.

vCash
    I voted G&P. Sorry but I really hated her skinny legs and big feet. And that crap Latin FD.
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

vCash
    My vote goes for Anissina & Peizerat. Yes, they were great performers but in my eyes K&O and G&P were a bit better.
    This is the main reason why I'm voting for them now:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySi4HOVEfUI&feature=plcp
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NQSd...hannel&list=UL

Here are some links for those who would like to watch a few performances by K&O throughout their career and check how versatile they were. http://www.magiageladapatinagemempor...syannikov.html
    http://www.magiageladapatinagemempor...v-parte-2.html

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiK View Post
    K&O for me. I love voidiness more than anything in dance but Carmen and the african drums FS were artsy just for the sake of it and felt shallow and freaky instead.
    Interesting...
    Well, I love those FDs. The african drums one was really exciting for me and showed a totally different side of them. It also set quite a contrast to the OD they had for that season cause it was all classical.

YEAH!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiK View Post
    Word.

vCash
    K&O are my personal favourites, but I had to vote for them because they weren't around for that long (I know it wasn't their FAULT but still), and they have no OGM like the other two teams. Also, "Libertas" was a masterpiece. I'm almost considering voting for A&P to win the whole thing.

vCash
    Anissina & Peizeret need to go go go go go go.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gingercrush View Post
    Anissina & Peizeret need to go go go go go go.
    I think it's clear you hate them, you write the same thing for 10th time already? Maybe give some reason?

I feel I need to do a save Marina and Gwendal campaign now.

First of all, I can't let K/O beat them again. I still find it they lost in Helsinki. Artistical side is subjective for sur but really, what's more technical and difficult about K/O's FD than MITIM? There's one good lift and one ok step sequence at the end, but apart from that? There are many steps, but basic ones, even my mum, who was just a local skater 30 years ago can repet them today (not so perfectly, but she can without big problem). There's a lot of hands work and crazy facial expessions going on, but nothing more It's a nice experiment, which looks difficult and it's well done, but if you look what they really do, there's not much going on. A/P showed some great deep edges at the begining, great step seequence at the end, cool lifts and even some sort of twizzles. And all in all, I find A/P's expession and not at all OTT as it's K/O's case, just compare the original dances from the same season.

Also, I remember there were some protests from the French federation, I don't remember exactly what was it as I was small at time, but I have impression there should be some influencing from the main judge to change marks of free dance so that K/O win Anyone remembers what exactely it was ?

People can say A/P weren't really a dominant team, which is partly true, but I think it's because they were incredibly underrated by the judges. They should have win 1999 and especially 2001 worlds imo. I'm quite sur if it wasn't first Russian and then Italian team, they would never beat A/P. Also, one thing is interesting. Always, when A/P lost by 5/4 split, there wasn't French judge but there was their competitor's judge . If in Helsinki, there was French instead of Russian, they'd win. If in Vancouver there was French, they'd win, if in SLC there was french judge, it wouldn't be 5/4 but 6/3. I know it's just a speculation, but I find it really interesting there was never French judge on A/P's most important starts.

Then some more arguments for A/P....they had some really great and innovative lifts...not only reversed lifts, but also this one or this comes to my mind first.

They were wonderful not only in dramatical, but also lyrical and romantical http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtS5MQvRi44 or fast and funny http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLHEBOrl7MI (btw. don't tell me they were weak technicaly when they were able to skate this OD or this CD that great) and they were able to make a very hot and sexy and passionate dance even form the compulsories http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Et-qYQg16d0.

They knew to make fun from themselfs, which is imo very important. There's Susana of course, but also this and I love especially their Yellow submarine.

And the last point...they had imo great taste for costumes (with some small exceptions) and it's actually Anissina who started with the headbands and other sorts of head decorations look here here here this one is particularly interesting I can't forget this or this and all in all their hair is simply

vCash
    I know I've been a repetitive arse. Honestly I just find them overrated and when people say K&O were voidy. Reverse lifts are rather gimmicky o.o

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DaiKozOda View Post
    Interesting...
    Well, I love those FDs. The african drums one was really exciting for me and showed a totally different side of them. It also set quite a contrast to the OD they had for that season cause it was all classical.
    The African Drums FD left me cold
    No doubt they skated it great but it just wasn't my cup of tea.On the other hand A/P MITIM gives me goose bumps even now that lift where he's on her knees in the split A/P should have won that year IMO.
    I also loved A/P SATB OD it was sublime .
    The only dance I really liked of K/O was the 98 Jive it was even better than G/P
    So sorry it's K/O to go .

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blue_idealist View Post
    K&O are my personal favourites, but I had to vote for them because they weren't around for that long (I know it wasn't their FAULT but still), and they have no OGM like the other two teams. Also, "Libertas" was a masterpiece. I'm almost considering voting for A&P to win the whole thing.
    I disagree with you on their MLK program. I thought it was good but would be easily beaten by Memorial or most of the other Olympic gold free dances.

vCash
    Marina and Gwendal made me love ice dancing. I started watching "older" pairs and following the discipline because of them.

vCash
    Wow, dead heat between A&P and K&O now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nuge View Post
    A/P should have won that year IMO.
    In the FD dance it was a close call between A&P and K&O. Still, K&O totally dominated the two compulsory dances with A&P lying in third behind B&K after the first compulsory.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DaiKozOda View Post
    In the FD dance it was a close call between A&P and K&O. Still, K&O totally dominated the two compulsory dances with A&P lying in third behind B&K after the first compulsory.
    I honestly didn't like Man In The Iron Mask from A&P.. or R&J.. or Carmina Burana.. I didn't like anything of theirs until the Beethoven's Last Night FD. I think they were vastly improved in 2001 and 2002. I agree with K&O's win at the '99 Worlds. The African program, while not my favourite one of theirs (that would be the Carmen FD), was very well skated.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Macassar88 View Post
    I disagree with you on their MLK program. I thought it was good but would be easily beaten by Memorial or most of the other Olympic gold free dances.
    Did you see the original version of this? Probably from Trophy Lalique [I think that's where they debuted this program]. That version was definitely a masterpiece IMO. VERY different, VERY modern dance - on the floor it could have been something I'd see in a dance troupe - I dont know how many other FD I could say that about.

What I read at the time was the French Fed was all kinds of nervous for Olympic year [just like with the Duchesnays] and kept tinkering away with the program, making them change it, going back to the familiar - until by the end of the season, we got the Olympic version, which looked more like a FD and less like a modern dance piece - and had far less artistic cohesion.

I still like the Olympic version - but maybe that's because you could still see glimpses of the brilliant original shining through at times.

vCash
    For those who wish to compare:

A&P's TEB performance
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RuzCdfFoFyk

A&P's Olympic performance
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyJknaDA7II

vCash
    A&P butchered their Olympic FD after that ridiculous loss to B&K at the GPF. They took all the most intricate and interesting parts out and replaced them more "Ta-da!" moments, including the ending.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DORISPULASKI View Post
    For those who wish to compare:

A&P's TEB performance
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RuzCdfFoFyk

A&P's Olympic performance
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyJknaDA7II
    The program itself was better at Lalique (I don't remember ever seeing it, probably didn't watch Lalique that year as I didn't have cable in '02), but I think they skated better at the Olympics, which makes sense since it was later in the season and it was an easier version of the program I guess.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast