Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

vCash
    Djokovic kind of gave up there. Very disappointed.

And I'm annoyed at McEnroe for saying repeatedly that he's pulling for Murray.

I would really appreciate some impartiality.
    Last edited by Jimena; 08-03-2012 at 08:42 PM.

vCash
    Gotta root for the home team, go Murray!

Question for those in the US, is Bravo not showing tennis tomorrow? Is it really going to be on NBC with all their chopped up coverage? Or are they going to do a breakfast at Wimbledon kind of thing?

vCash
    The final will be difficult for me because I respect both Federer and Murray.
    I want them both to play their best.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimena View Post
    Djokovic kind of gave up there. Very disappointed.

And I'm annoyed at McEnroe for saying repeatedly that he's pulling for Murray.

I would really appreciate some impartiality.
    Why? There is no American in it!!

vCash
    If they're biased, and given that the commentators are human it's inevitable from time to time, I'd hope that they're upfront and honest about the bias.

Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash
    Thanks for all the pbp Gang. I woke up and *knew* I was not going to be watching much of anything today due to how I was feeling. Got to see Q round of Trampoline and not too much after that until close to 40 minutes ago.

I *knew* things were going too well for me and this blasted medical issue ot mine this week!! Anyway...

Quote Originally Posted by Lorac View Post
    Finally Federer gets to the Olympic final - yes!!!!!! So happy for him - but heartbreaking for Del-Potro!!
    Quote Originally Posted by london_calling View Post
    Roger Guaranteed a silver! He's definitely having his Indian summer.

I was sad for DelPo though. I'm sad for anyone who loses a marathon match like that. I hope he can bring that level of play to a grand slam again.
    Yes indeedy, it is *very* much Roger's summer so far and I'd also love to see him finally getting this last piece of the Collection. It would be just like watching him finally get that French Open title, but even more special because this isn't just the Olympics, but it's the Olympics at Wimbledon and we all know what this place means to Roger.

If he wins, I'll be a mess.

While I feel for DelPo, at the same time, nothing for him to be ashamed of and it sounds as the match was AMAZING!! If he is feeling down on himself, he just needs to look over at how Milos has been handling his Epic Match loss to Jo-Willy. In the interviews I've seen, he's been positive about it and talking about how he now knows just how very close he is and he can build on all of this.

I'm very much looking forward to the US Open, as I have this feeling we could be in for something very special to watch.

*hope I didn't just jinx him...*

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    He really gave it to Rog today, he should be proud of his effort. I wanna give him a giant bear hug and *boop* his cute little bunny nose.
    LOL!!! Fergus, thank you for giving me something to laugh over on what's been a pretty bad day.

Quote Originally Posted by Braulio View Post
    My god that Del Potro vs Federer game!! I am glad Roger won, I want the gold for him

And Serena DESTROYED Azarenka 6-1, 6-2

It will be a good clash against Sharapova, at least on paper it seems but Serena is just unbeliavable at this Olympics, a rematch of that Wimbledon final between them.

It is weird when the World Number 1 loses this way at the Olympics Semifinals, or at any tournament
    I'll be cheering for Maria too, but also realize she'll more than likely wiped off the court. As for what you said about the way Azarenka lost today, normally I'd agree w/you if this was happening anywhere else, but this is Wimbledon and it's a Williams Sister. They seem to come alive here in ways unlike I've ever seen. They can be having a beyond wretched, horrible year and then it's Wimbledon and...*Bing!!*

Quote Originally Posted by skatesindreams View Post
    The final will be difficult for me because I respect both Federer and Murray.
    I want them both to play their best.
    This is also how I feel, but at least I'll be happy regardless of who wins. Of course, I'll be pulling a wee bit harder for Roger naturally, but will still be happy at the end of it all.

vCash
    Does anyone know what is going on with the schedule? Bravo has no tennis scheduled for broadcast tomorrow. There is a bit scheduled on NBC but it seems crazy that that's all they would show.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    the ladies final is on nbc at 9 am est

i've had a couple of commercials for it tonight
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by my little pony View Post
    the ladies final is on nbc at 9 am est

i've had a couple of commercials for it tonight
    I saw that too. That's the only televised tennis I can see for tomorrow. Aren't there several other matches? The schedule lists men's doubles (bronze and gold matches) as well as the women's bronze medal match. After having so much tennis on Bravo all week, I can't think they are only showing women's gold.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    nbc has tennis from 9 - 11, if they want to show a doubles match, they have at least an hour (sorry maria)
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by my little pony View Post
    nbc has tennis from 9 - 11, if they want to show a doubles match, they have at least an hour (sorry maria)
    Found it. NBC Sports has the rest of the tennis - looks like it starts at 11:30 ET.

vCash
    Azerenko looks like she is heading to the bronze medal - a set and 2 breaks up at the moment.

vCash
    Keep going AzarenkA

vCash
    Robson and Murray have just beaten Stosur and Hewitt to get to the mixed double semi. They will play that at the end of the day today!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorac View Post
    Azerenko looks like she is heading to the bronze medal - a set and 2 breaks up at the moment.
    OK I spoke too soon - Kirilenko has just broken back twice to level the 2nd set!!!

ETA: Azrenko hung tough and broke back and she now has an olympic bronze medal. Congrats to her!!!
    Last edited by Lorac; 08-04-2012 at 01:57 PM.

vCash
    Vika celebrating like it's gold. Very cute
    Now win the mixed

vCash
    Vika looks even happier than she was in Melbourne. Congrats!

vCash
    Maria K still has a chance for a medal in the women's doubles with Petrova.

vCash
    Well done Vika!!

vCash
    Is Serena injured? So many delays to start the match.
    ETA: With the wind, I'm afraid that this is going to be a double fault fest for Maria.

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast