Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovesalchows View Post
    They need to forget about Paseka and the second vault. She has sat two Amanars but now she is working on the OTHER vault? Didn't they just bring her along for the TF Amanar?
    How much is this other vault worth? Is it worth higher than a dty?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fridge_Break View Post
    Anyone who can log into the NBCOlympics stream can rewind the video and watch vault/bars/anything they might have missed.
    Do you happen to have the link handy? Sorry, I've been tearing through my apt all morning trying to find my Charter bill for the stupid account number, finally found it as soon as Subdivision 3 was over, then the internet went down, and now I'm combing through nbcolympics.com and absolutely cannot find it anywhere. Not that I really have time to watch it anyway. I hate NBC. Why is life so difficult??

vCash
    Komova just perfect at beam, she surely got the nerves out after the floor mistakes, if she can go on competition like today with floor cleanly or at least decently executed, she will be the Olympic AA Champion

vCash
    Sounds like HQS has had a good day. Please keep this up Huang - PLEEEEEASE?!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zippy View Post
    Do you happen to have the link handy? Sorry, I've been tearing through my apt all morning trying to find my Charter bill for the stupid account number, finally found it as soon as Subdivision 3 was over, then the internet went down, and now I'm combing through nbcolympics.com and absolutely cannot find it anywhere. Not that I really have time to watch it anyway. I hate NBC. Why is life so difficult??
    Try this: http://www.nbcolympics.com/video/gym...u-s-women.html

vCash
    YJN fell on bars. HKX fell first try, but hit her 2nd routine.

Musty hit a good BB. The Russians, for the most part, sound good.

vCash
    Sounds like AA will be the Komova/Douglas/Wieber/2nd Russian show. Will Huang sneak in there?

vCash
    I'm watching the US podium training now, finally got the cable stuff to work. My scores for the US vault rotation:

Aly: 15.5 (a good one for her, .3 hop forward and the legs, but one of her better blocks)
    Gabby: 15.6 (a little low and small step to side)
    Jo: 15.8 (leg sep and I don't think her block is as good as last year or as it can be, but great landing)
    McKayla: 15.9 (Amanar, slight knee bend and big step forward, one of her weaker of the year but shes still class of the field) 15.4 2nd vault (Mustafina slight knee bend, .3 step back) I do think she started off rather gingerly but the vaults are there and she improved them as the session went on. She just needs to rest up but she's got them still.
    Kyla: 15.2 (DTY perfect stick landing, chest upright, just slight leg break on preflight and crossed feet a bit, but very nice)

Kyla will make the UB final if she hits in prelims, this routine has gotten very clean in the handstand department. She looks so nice and has really won me over the past month, I just do not like her floor choreography at all.

Aly's bars have cleaned up a good .4 since trials, still sloppy but this is the best she's ever looked on bars. Gabby needs to hit in prelims!!

Jo on bars still a bit labored but her arms are much closer together and she's more extended on everything. Handstands short .1 almost everywhere, piked down dismount, still a 14.9 or 15 set though.
    Last edited by Karpenko; 07-26-2012 at 06:03 PM.

vCash
    Interesting comment from quickhits:

If the top countries are having breakout gymnasts here, I'd say the breakout awards are going to Anastasia Grishina of Russia and Diana Bulimar of Romania based on what we saw in the training gym.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovesalchows View Post
    Sounds like AA will be the Komova/Douglas/Wieber/2nd Russian show. Will Huang sneak in there?
    Hope so. Blythe Lawrence said she was impressive throughout.

Is Bulimar up for AA now Iordache is out?

Reality TV's Bytch
    vCash
    The person providing quick hits on the International Gymnast facebook page keeps talking about diva behavior from Mustafina. Does anyone know what this is referring to? That person also thinks she'll only be used on bars on the team final.

vCash
    Wow Kyla has cleaned up her bar routine a lot! Her routine didn't have the leg sep on the Khorkina 1/2 transition, the handstands are almost all completely on, this routine is going to go 15.5 I say pretty easily. Improved from Olympic Trials for sure.

Gabby on bars is a bit rushed, big step back on dismount. She's had a good day but some small jitters. Aly meanwhile I have to say looks extremely fit and the best I've ever seen her on both VT and UB so far (but Gabby still better on both). I also love this US leo, hope we get to see some variations in blue at some point.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pollyanna View Post
    Hope so. Blythe Lawrence said she was impressive throughout.

Is Bulimar up for AA now Iordache is out?
    I think only Ponor and Iordache will not be AA so yes!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tesla View Post
    The person providing quick hits on the International Gymnast facebook page keeps talking about diva behavior from Mustafina. Does anyone know what this is referring to? That person also thinks she'll only be used on bars on the team final.
    That would be pretty stupid considering how great she sounds on beam and vault.

I guess that person does not like her. If you don't like Aliya you can take her mannerism as diva behaviour. She is not smiley and bubbly but serious.

vCash
    I actually think Musty will be the one person doing AA in TF for Russia. Komova doesn't look confident on floor. And Musty is who you want when it's on the line.

Reality TV's Bytch
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedwig View Post
    That would be pretty stupid considering how great she sounds on beam and vault.

I guess that person does not like her. If you don't like Aliya you can take her mannerism as diva behaviour. She is not smiley and bubbly but serious.
    That's what I was thinking. I'll admit. I'm not a Mustafina fan, but I remember her from 2010. I didn't think she was a diva but very intense. I actually think Komova is a bit of a diva. I didn't like how she gave up a few times last year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fridge_Break View Post
    Thank you!!! You are my hero, the wind beneath my wings, etc.! Wow it's all so pink - I feel like I'm living inside a pepto bismol bottle.

vCash
    They're talking nonsense; I've seen some of their updates and their bias against Musty is rather obvious. Not professional at all.

vCash
    That's what I was thinking. I'll admit. I'm not a Mustafina fan, but I remember her from 2010. I didn't think she was a diva but very intense. I actually think Komova is a bit of a diva. I didn't like how she gave up a few times last year.
    I agree about Komova and Musty in 2010.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Loves_Shizuka View Post
    They're talking nonsense; I've seen some of their updates and their bias against Musty is rather obvious. Not professional at all.
    It is a pity. Even if you are not a fan of a particular gymnast you should be able to appreciate their gymnastics if it is great.

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast