Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bek View Post
    Maria use to be a pretty good bar worker (although lately I guess not so much) pre injury. She qualified over Komova (because Komova fell) on bars Junior Europeans and was actually the second qualifier there. Of course Alexandrov pulled her for Vika...

She's not so great but Afan is historically unreliable on the event and they may want to give her more experience. As for Kexin, she's always had a DTY (still don't know if she has one)... In that sense she's not a one event gymnast. She did floor last year in prelims too. Apparently where Kexin really terribly sucks is beam. (Paseka too)
    Thanks. What's interesting is that they have Paseka up last in the line-up for UB.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Spareoom View Post
    Subbed in for who? Anna Li is currently in a neck brace, Price is rumored to be injured and her Amanar wouldn't outscore Maroney's anyway, and Finny is a decent all-arounder but can't bring in the same number of tenths that Maroney's vault can. If Alicia was an alternate and Maroney really WAS that injured, then we could talk, but Alicia isn't, and Maroney isn't that injured.

Maroney will be fine, y'all.
    How the FCK do 4 out of 8 gymnnasts get injured in the space of 3 weeks under one training regime??? She is a secret agent still working for Romania, I swear!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pollyanna View Post
    Thanks. What's interesting is that they have Paseka up last in the line-up for UB.
    They have Afan last on beam too..They may be thinking have the weakest link go last so if they fall it won't hurt team morale. There also might be some level of not showing favoritism as well.

vCash
    Honestly, this is all moot at this point (or "mute" as John Geddart would say), but she's obviously not fine if she is so injured that she cant even do one extra vault (one that she trained multiple times a few days ago) to make it into the EF to win a gold medal that is as close to a sure bet as you get in this Olympics. That's why she's on thie team-- for the EF gold. The Amanar she'll do in TF earns maybe a .2 or .3 more than a Price Amanar would score (and the Maroney step forward on the landing is bigger than ever recently). Hardly worth keeping her on the team.

I agree that a Finnegan sub doesn't make sense (assuming Price is ALSO injured), but I do wonder what Alicia is thinking right now.

vCash
    John Roethlisberger‏ just said on twitter that Maroney is doing two vaults, not one. Hopefully he knows what he's talking about.

vCash
    Subbed in for who? Anna Li is currently in a neck brace, Price is rumored to be injured and her Amanar wouldn't outscore Maroney's anyway, and Finny is a decent all-arounder but can't bring in the same number of tenths that Maroney's vault can. If Alicia was an alternate and Maroney really WAS that injured, then we could talk, but Alicia isn't, and Maroney isn't that injured.

My post was clearly under the speculation that Maroney was actually THAT injured, so injured infact that she cant do two back to back vaults.

We'll see tomorrow however.

vCash
    Whoa, calm down. 99.99999% says that it's a typo and Maroney is DOING two vaults. She was fine two days ago; she trained both vaults; she's fine. Her toe injury is an old one that flared up, but she's not injured-injured. If she's too injured to do her Mustafina, then she's too injured to do an Amanar. It's logic, people. :p

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pollyanna View Post
    And Izbasa last for Romania.

Both total cowboys on the event

vCash
    If she were two injured for two vaults, they'd probably not have her vault at all in Prelims. Kyla's DTY would be just fine for qualifying.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Theatregirl1122 View Post
    If she were two injured for two vaults, they'd probably not have her vault at all in Prelims. Kyla's DTY would be just fine for qualifying.
    Agreed.

Canadian ladies über
    vCash
    I'm just concerned that someone at USAG made an error and that the powers that be will not allow Maroney to do her second vault due to a technicality.
    I can't find anything in the COP to clarify this however.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by poths View Post
    How the FCK do 4 out of 8 gymnnasts get injured in the space of 3 weeks under one training regime??? She is a secret agent still working for Romania, I swear!!!
    Poths, Poths, Poths.. This is Marta and in fact Marta hasn't even managed to do that much damage. At least this time its only the alternates that are injured for the most part (and I say for the most part because of Maroney)

Who could forget the US having two gymnasts landing on one foot on bars in prelims or the crap that went down in Athens... Who the heck knows what would have happened if Marta wasn't forced to choose the team at Trials-against her will!

She gets the results she's gotten because the US has way more depth than anyone else.

vCash
    A GAGE girl and a Parkette are injured and suddenly Marta is a secret agent for Romania? I hate her as much as the next US gym fan, but come on.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by danafan View Post
    I'm just concerned that someone at USAG made an error and that the powers that be will not allow Maroney to do her second vault due to a technicality.
    I can't find anything in the COP to clarify this however.
    If this actually ends up being what happens and FIG doesn't have any mechanism to correct it, they are beyond ridiculous. (Of course, it wouldn't be the first time, so I won't feel better until I actually see McKayla get to do her second vault.)

Oh, and if it is a USAG mistake, heads should roll over this one.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by doubleflutz View Post
    A GAGE girl and a Parkette are injured and suddenly Marta is a secret agent for Romania? I hate her as much as the next US gym fan, but come on.
    LOL good point!

vCash
    And Izbasa last for Romania.

Both total cowboys on the event
    I guess since Izbasa is the only other AAer besides Iordache, B&B are hoping to maximize her bars score by putting her up last.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bek View Post
    Poths, Poths, Poths.. This is Marta and in fact Marta hasn't even managed to do that much damage. At least this time its only the alternates that are injured for the most part (and I say for the most part because of Maroney)

Elizabeth Price was already injured when she arrived at the Olympic training camp. I'm not sure how Marta can take the hit for something that happened at Parkettes. Ditto for what happened to Anna Li(Not a GAGE girl ) who had a freak fall off bars and as an alternate wasn't training in London under Marta's direction.

It's already been revealed that Maroney had been dealing with this injury since May, and was simply aggravated during training.

Just saying...

vCash
    I've got a picnic at noon tomorrow, so I'll probably have to leave in the middle of Russia's subdivision.

It is just prelims though, so I guess I can put up with it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayra View Post
    Elizabeth Price was already injured when she arrived at the Olympic training camp. I'm not sure how Marta can take the hit for something that happened at Parkettes. Ditto for what happened to Anna Li(Not a GAGE girl ) who had a freak fall off bars and as an alternate wasn't training in London under Marta's direction.
    Isn't there something going on with Finney, too?

vCash
    Bulimar's not doing Floor : Fcking Chelaru!!!!!!!!!!

Whaaaah....I agree, totally stupid.

Goodness I hope Maroney is ok, would be a shame if she didn't compete in vault finals.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast