Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast
    vCash
    Oh no

vCash
    Tomorrow is going to be the most interesting qualifications EVER!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    Too many threads!

Rumor has it Maroney will only be doing one vault tomorrow. She isn't listed with an asterisk like all the others attempting two vaults. http://usagym.org/pages/events/olymp...s/start_w1.pdf
    What the heck? That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard. If she's good enough to vault the Amanar, she's good enough to do the Mustafina.

vCash
    Bulimar's not doing Floor : Fcking Chelaru!!!!!!!!!!
    But wheeee, Iordache is doing AA

vCash
    Maybe they're trying to conserve her for the team. It may have gotten that bad.

vCash
    It could just be an oversight. McKayla was doing both the Amanar and the Mustafina fine the other day. She appears to be in no (obvious) pain, and there's not a whole lot you can do to treat a sprained/broken toe.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by london_calling View Post
    Maybe they're trying to conserve her for the team. It may have gotten that bad.
    Then why have her vault at all in prelims (although if she wants to medal I think she has to participate somewhere) She was doing them in practice....

vCash
    If Maroney is really so injured that they are only putting her up for one vault.... the Parkettes should be royally pissed. They are already letting Maroney stay on the team for just one event on a five member team... and now she can't even do a second vault to take her victory lap in the EF?

I really hope it's an oversight...

vCash
    Why should the Parkettes be pissed? Elizabeth Price is also injured, so there's no way she'd be asked to compete either.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    If Maroney is really so injured that they are only putting her up for one vault.... the Parkettes should be royally pissed. They are already letting Maroney stay on the team for just one event on a five member team... and now she can't even do a second vault to take her victory lap in the EF?

I really hope it's an oversight...
    Well reports are Price is injured too.. The person who should be ticked would be well Alicia because if Maroney is that useless go for the Rudi. Alicia could probably (heck more than likely) win vault over anyone but Maroney.

vCash
    Yeah, what events would Price be put on? Even with McKayla only competing vault, it's not like the team is in major trouble.

vCash
    Yikes-- I hadn't heard about a Price injury, only the Anna Li one.

Still, one vault? If she's that injured, I don't see the point of not replacing her with someone who can't at least contribute on 2 events. If Price wasn't injured, her Amanar is excellent and she could do FX.

Too late now. Classic Marta Karolyi injury situation.

vCash
    I'm sure it's an oversight, but again. No Bulimar or Cairns on floor

Canadian ladies über
    vCash
    If it's a oversight, then I'm afraid Maroney will present to do her second vault tomorrow and will not be allowed to.

vCash
    Guys, don't freak out yet. Those PDF's are notoriously incorrect. Maroney is as sure of shot for a gold medal as the US has got; they won't let her not qualify based on a technicality.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by danafan View Post
    If it's a oversight, then I'm afraid Maroney will present to do her second vault tomorrow and will not be allowed to.
    If it's not, and she's THAT bad that she can't do a second vault.....then she should have been subbed and sent home.

If there's anyone dumber than Marta, it's The Brit selection camp.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by danafan View Post
    Please let this not be true.

on Bulimar not doing AA.

So He Kexin is vaulting and Maria Paseka is doing UB. I thought she was just there for vault?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by poths View Post
    If it's not, and she's THAT bad that she can't do a second vault.....then she should have been subbed and sent home.

If there's anyone dumber than Marta, it's The Brit selection camp.
    Subbed in for who? Anna Li is currently in a neck brace, Price is rumored to be injured and her Amanar wouldn't outscore Maroney's anyway, and Finny is a decent all-arounder but can't bring in the same number of tenths that Maroney's vault can. If Alicia was an alternate and Maroney really WAS that injured, then we could talk, but Alicia isn't, and Maroney isn't that injured.

Maroney will be fine, y'all.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pollyanna View Post
    Please let this not be true.

on Bulimar not doing AA.

So He Kexin is vaulting and Maria Paseka is doing UB. I thought she was just there for vault?
    Maria use to be a pretty good bar worker (although lately I guess not so much) pre injury. She qualified over Komova (because Komova fell) on bars Junior Europeans and was actually the second qualifier there. Of course Alexandrov pulled her for Vika...

She's not so great but Afan is historically unreliable on the event and they may want to give her more experience. As for Kexin, she's always had a DTY (still don't know if she has one)... In that sense she's not a one event gymnast. She did floor last year in prelims too. Apparently where Kexin really terribly sucks is beam. (Paseka too)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by poths View Post
    There is no one to sub her. Elizabeth price is rumored to be nursing a bruised heel. Anna Li is out with a neck injury and couldn't replace Maroney either way. There is nothing that Finnegan can add (besides much needed artistry )that the team IMO doesn't already have.

I hope that this is a typo. Otherwise

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast