Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by victoriajh View Post
    everytime i turn it on he is on!
    And that's a bad thing?

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by danafan View Post
    Decathlon is on CTV now. Commentator Gord Miller referred to an athlete from Uzbekistan as being evidence of the sport's popularity in Eastern Europe...
    Has anyone told him it's in Central Asia yet?
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

Canadian ladies über
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by allezfred View Post
    Has anyone told him it's in Central Asia yet?
    I tweeted him, but no response yet...

Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    I did appreciate that if CTV couldn't get Adam to take his shirt off in studio, at least they were nice enough to put up the shirtless photo of him with the flag for the standard "Canadian medalist photo" going into commercial break. It's kind of hilarious that they obviously know what their audience wants because I don't remember anyone else's picture being shirtless.
    I don't have a problem w/them making their audience happy like that. Not at all!!!

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    Did CTV show Adam van Koeverden at all today?
    Have any of Usain Bolt's races made the air?
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    Lovely to see and hear Michael Smith again.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JasperBoy View Post
    Lovely to see and hear Michael Smith again.
    Really? He drives me nuts
    Kyle

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    I did appreciate that if CTV couldn't get Adam to take his shirt off in studio, at least they were nice enough to put up the shirtless photo of him with the flag for the standard "Canadian medalist photo" going into commercial break. It's kind of hilarious that they obviously know what their audience wants because I don't remember anyone else's picture being shirtless.
    Most of the medalists have been women though

Quote Originally Posted by danafan View Post
    Decathlon is on CTV now. Commentator Gord Miller referred to an athlete from Uzbekistan as being evidence of the sport's popularity in Eastern Europe...
    maybe his researcher is the guy who sat next to my friend at Worlds in 2001. His wife asked which flag was Canada's flag and he pointed to the Uzbekistan flag.

vCash
    Did anyone else catch Gord Miller referring to Damian Warner as Jeremy Warriner? He did it on at least two occasions over the course of the Decathlon.

Michael Smith says "world class athletes" soooo many times. It would make a good drinking game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Parsley Sage View Post
    Most of the medalists have been women though
    Heh, excellent point, I hadn't really thought of that. I'm pretty sure that Mark Oldershaw had his shirt on though.

Anyway, I am absolutely not complaining about shirtless Adam. I just find it mildly amusing.

vCash
    I am really going to miss hearing Brian Williams when the CBC gives us coverage for the next two Olympics in 2014 & 2016. Just saw a bit of him chatting with the Women's Soccer team and it reminds me of how much I enjoyed him when he worked with the CBC and they covered the Olympics in previous years. Hmmmm ... wonder if there's any chance he'll be back with the CBC in time for those two Olympics?
    Crazy about sports!

Watch me move
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by professordeb View Post
    Hmmmm ... wonder if there's any chance he'll be back with the CBC in time for those two Olympics?
    say that he pretty much burned his bridges when he left, so unless there is a major change in management or attitude at CBC's end, the chances of him returning are pretty small.
    Who wants to watch rich people eat pizza? They must have loved that in Bangladesh. - Randy Newman on the 2014 Oscars broadcast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by overedge View Post
    say that he pretty much burned his bridges when he left, so unless there is a major change in management or attitude at CBC's end, the chances of him returning are pretty small.
    I've heard this as well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by professordeb View Post
    I am really going to miss hearing Brian Williams when the CBC gives us coverage for the next two Olympics in 2014 & 2016.
    Yeah, Brian can be pompous at times, but he's an institution when it comes to the Olympics in this country and it definitely won't be the same without him.

vCash
    Well, I don't blame Brian if he left CBC on poor terms. I mean, they didn't even send him to Torino or Beijing! All his interviews were done in a Toronto studio (although, I will say none of his CTV interviews come close to his CBC interviews, like the ones with Clara Hughes and Chandra Crawford).

vCash
    OMG! Yargh! So Canada won a bronze medal in Open Medal Swimming! I had no idea that this guy was a contender! yeesh! Did anyone record Rogers Sportsnet this morning?! Otherwise I would have recorded Sportsnet! Ugh! Can someone PLEASE tell me that they recorded it?! I am absolutely stunned that this guy won a medal!
    Kyle

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by manhn View Post
    Well, I don't blame Brian if he left CBC on poor terms. I mean, they didn't even send him to Torino or Beijing! All his interviews were done in a Toronto studio (although, I will say none of his CTV interviews come close to his CBC interviews, like the ones with Clara Hughes and Chandra Crawford).
    Williams left on bad terms from the CBC because while under contract with them, he signed a contract with CTV to be the lead sportscaster for Vancouver. That was clearly a conflict of interest, but can you blame the man for wanting to be the lead sportscaster for the Olympics in his own country?

He left the CBC before the Beijing, so Ron McLean was the CBC's main sportscaster. Unlike Williams with Torino, McLean was actually in Beijing. I remember that, because he had to leave earlier when he mother passed away.

MacLean was the main sportscaster and host for the 2008 Summer Olympic Games in Beijing until his mother died, causing him to hand over duties to Scott Russell.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ron_MacLean

I know that some of you find Williams to be pompous and I can see that at times. I, however, have also enjoy him as a sportscaster. He absolutely beams when he is interviewing the athletics. He seems to have a lot of respect and admiration for all athletics, including figure skaters. He does not have a lot of respect for the sporting federations or IOC and has a hard time letting go of past injustices.

I thought that he was retiring after the 2010 games. Perhaps, London is his swan song.

vCash
    AragornElessar did you happen to record Rogers Sportsnet this morning at all with the Open Water race where we won bronze??
    Kyle

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pair mom View Post
    And that's a bad thing?
    nope - i think after the third time i had my cheering down to an art!

Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash
    No kyle, I didn't. In fact, I woke about fifteen minutes before the alarm went off, turned on my TV here in my room which is on CTV and saw him touch the wall to win the medal. After the visit to the bathroom, I went in to hit Record for the medal ceremony, but I missed the interview due to needing to go back to bed. Not having a good day at all and woke up to him being interviewed by James Duthie.

At least I got the Medal Ceremony.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast