Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

vCash
    I figured you had stuck to CTV, I'm doing everything I can, emailing swim clubs, posting on FB, swim forums, you name it, I'm desperate to find it.
    Kyle

Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash
    Good Luck!!

vCash
    So CTV is showing the USA/Argentina basketball semi using the NBC feed and NBC is showing Ellen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kylet3 View Post
    AragornElessar did you happen to record Rogers Sportsnet this morning at all with the Open Water race where we won bronze??
    kylet3 it was just on ctv this afternoon- not sure which time zone you are in? (i am bc) just the end was shown- not sure how much you needed

vCash
    I'm looking for the whole thing actually
    Kyle

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JasperBoy View Post
    Lovely to see and hear Michael Smith again.
    Yes, I thought so too! I remember watching him on TV when I was little...I always felt so bad for him. Such a great athlete, and a nice guy, too. I really like his analysis.

also great to see Glenroy Gilbert again! He was my favourite from the 1996 squad and I'm so happy he's working with this new generation. He's a great role model--pure class.

I admire the relay guys for doing that interview. That couldn't have been easy.
    Last edited by Bournekraatzfan; 08-12-2012 at 03:20 AM.

vCash
    kylet3, have you checked out CTVOlympics.ca/downloads? They don't appear to have full events, but it's something. I couldn't find the open water swim, but they may add it later.

vCash
    Been checking there too and YouTube as well. Believe me, I'm looking everywhere I can to try and find it.
    Kyle

vCash
    Been checking there too and YouTube as well. Believe me, I'm looking everywhere I can to try and find it.
    Contact CTV directly. They may be willing to send you a copy of the broadcast (for a price, obviously).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Habs View Post
    Contact CTV directly. They may be willing to send you a copy of the broadcast (for a price, obviously).
    I hope so but with the IOC being so finnicky about the broadcast rights I highly doubt they will :S
    Kyle

vCash
    I hope so but with the IOC being so finnicky about the broadcast rights I highly doubt they will :S
    Worth a try, no?

vCash
    Will try Haha know something I don't?
    Kyle

vCash
    I liked the information that was provided to us in the Superbodies segments and I really enjoyed the Difference Makers segments. I do wish they had done one last Difference Makers segment today.

Watch me move
    vCash
    James Duthie and Jennifer Hedger's commentary on the closing ceremonies was all kinds of epic. Like when James Duthie read out the designer credits for the supermodel segment and then apologized to all hockey fans

And, unlike certain other CTV commentators, they actually shut up once in a while so we could hear the music and appreciate what was going on.

I really hope CBC figures out some way to bring these two along when the Olympics contract moves over....
    Who wants to watch rich people eat pizza? They must have loved that in Bangladesh. - Randy Newman on the 2014 Oscars broadcast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by overedge View Post
    James Duthie and Jennifer Hedger's commentary on the closing ceremonies was all kinds of epic. Like when James Duthie read out the designer credits for the supermodel segment and then apologized to all hockey fans
    That was so hilarious that I rewound the segment for my husband to watch. Duthie did a good job with the designer credits.

vCash
    This is a good perspective for Canadians upset about the lack of top finishes in London.

London 2012: Canada ties Uganda, Uzbekistan and Grenada in gold-medal count

While Canada can hope to compete with those powers in the Winter Games, it’s probably unrealistic to believe that the same will ever hold true in the summer. Still, as a nation, we’re relatively new to investing substantially in Olympic success. We’re newer still at pouring targeted dollars into Summer Olympic success. While the gold rush of Vancouver was the result of a well-funded lead-up that spanned as many as seven years, the results here are, in large part, the fruits of about four years of targeted funding.
    Anne Merklinger, the CEO of the government-funded Own the Podium, which funnels some $35 million a year to summer athletes and teams deemed to have the best Olympic medal potential, pointed out in an interview that Canada is far behind many other countries when it comes to perfecting the art of identifying and developing young athletes with Olympic promise.

“We need to be more focused and deliberate in searching for talent,” Merklinger said.
    Good point here:

“It is about talent transfer,” said Merklinger. “How can we take an athlete who did really well in 100-metre track and transfer them to (bobsled)? How do we get athletes that might not be headed to a podium in swimming and move them into rowing, where there’s a big aerobic machine required? That’s about talent transfer, and we can get better at that.”
    Lastly...
    We can certainly get better than one gold. If Canada stays committed to the cause of building a better elite-sport infrastructure in the four years until the Rio Olympics, the likes of Uganda and Uzbekistan and Grenada should be very afraid.

vCash
    Will try Haha know something I don't?
    No... but I do know that if you get the right person on the other end of the phone, things can happen.

vCash
    Quote:
    We can certainly get better than one gold. If Canada stays committed to the cause of building a better elite-sport infrastructure in the four years until the Rio Olympics, the likes of Uganda and Uzbekistan and Grenada should be very afraid.
    PML!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by overedge View Post
    I really hope CBC figures out some way to bring these two along when the Olympics contract moves over....
    can they do it on the condition that Jennifer Hedger stop trying to imitate Lance Whittaker? She did it twice, once in front of him so bad

Quote Originally Posted by algonquin View Post
    This is a good perspective for Canadians upset about the lack of top finishes in London.

London 2012: Canada ties Uganda, Uzbekistan and Grenada in gold-medal count

I say good for Uganda, Uzbekistan, and Grenada! great accomplishments that are to be celebrated nice to see smaller countries winning

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bournekraatzfan View Post
    I say good for Uganda, Uzbekistan, and Grenada! great accomplishments that are to be celebrated nice to see smaller countries winning
    Agreed, but it was still a funny comment.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast