Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

vCash
    Maybe I haven't paid enough attention to the swimming, but Joanne Malar hasn't really bothered me so far...Blythe Hartley is the one I've found the most irritating, mainly due to her voice and her inflection. I may have to stick to NBC and Cynthia Potter for diving, at least that is the one event where I like the NBC team.

Yeah, Rod's annoying, but I just keep thinking that it could be Al Trautwig and then Rod doesn't seem quite so bad in comparison. I still feel like Kyle has been able to reign him in a bit...the attempt to stir up drama is mildly irritating, but I can deal with that. The only thing that really bothered me was when he kept cheering about Germany's mistakes and how they helped Canada's chances. It was a great moment to watch the girls make team finals, but there's no need to revel in other team's errors.
    Last edited by Erin; 07-31-2012 at 04:43 AM.

vCash
    I have to add my two cents - I think Kyle Shewfelt has been astounding. He is a very competent announcer, fair, complimentary to everyone who does something well, informative and he does rein in old Rod Black a bit.
    pug lover

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
    Really liking Kyle a lot - he almost makes Rod Black bearable.
    I take it back. I adore Kyle, but Rod Black is unbearable and he makes me want to throw things at my TV screen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by puglover View Post
    I have to add my two cents - I think Kyle Shewfelt has been astounding. He is a very competent announcer, fair, complimentary to everyone who does something well, informative and he does rein in old Rod Black a bit.
    I totally agree, he is knowledgable , personable and easy to listen to, makes understanding the skills and scores easy and he totally ignores or talks over rod's attempts at drama
    Are they in London? Kyle tweeted a pic of them doing the feed for our time zone and it was not in the stadium so I was not sure.

INTJ
    vCash
    Kyle has been really good. I know next to nothing about gymnastics and he's made it really easy to follow. Rod Black, OTOH, needs to shut up.

Blythe Hartley isn't annoying me, though I think she could be a little more critical. Diving seems like such a technical sport and really it goes so fast it would be nice to know some of the more subtle differences between the dives.

CTV really needs to stop reminding everyone that Missy Franklin has dual citizenship.
    "Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better." -- Samuel Beckett

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by victoriajh View Post
    Are they in London? Kyle tweeted a pic of them doing the feed for our time zone and it was not in the stadium so I was not sure.

Yeah, they're in London. Kyle was with Brian Williams in the International Broadcast centre after the event.

Williams is the truly annoying one. Black is just an asshole.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by made_in_canada View Post

CTV really needs to stop reminding everyone that Missy Franklin has dual citizenship.

No kidding. I've been tweeting them to get over it already

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by made_in_canada View Post
    ITA. She competes for the US not Canada - enough already!

vCash
    Another vote for "shut it" on Missy Franklin's dual citizenship...it's like CTV thinks that Canada should get some kind of credit for her success or something, which is ridiculous. It's nice that she likes visiting her aunt's place in Nova Scotia and the fluff piece was kind of interesting the first time it aired, but we don't need to hear it repeated ad nauseum.

vCash
    WHEEE!!! I just realized that the Canadian channel I've been watching here and there over the months is CTV! More Olympics for me!
    Team Peeps!

vCash
    Yes, too much touting of Franklin's citizenship. Nice to know that a seemingly kind and charming girl has Canadian parents, but they live in the US so that's what is home to her. Enough now, we all know!!

Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash
    All too true about Missy and the dual citizenship thing.

I now have a major complaint. I have now found out I could have at least set up the DVR to catch the Three Day Eventing over on OLN. The problem? Has anyone even heard a whisper about that very thing being *on* OLN?

I know I haven't. As a Royalist/Royal Fan/someone who has watched Zara Phillips grow up, and was lucky enough thanks to Bold to watch her win her World title a few years ago, it would have been so lovely to have been able to watch her and Team GB win that Silver. Not only that, but also watch her be given it by HRH The Princess Royal, her Mom.

Grrrrr!!!!!!
    Last edited by AragornElessar; 07-31-2012 at 08:27 PM. Reason: Even*t*ing, not Evening...That's twice my fingers have been too fast typing that!! :)

vCash
    the equestrian commentator is the most annoying..... ugh - B-O-R-I-N-G as all get up- YIKES!!

vCash
    I didn't know eventing was on OLN at first, but when the Olys started I scrolled through every cable channel looking to see if extra channels had been added for the Olys. When I landed on OLN, the description said *Olympics* so I selectd that channel and saw that it was on. Now I know that I have to check CTV, Sportsnet, TSN, RDS and OLN...and NBC. On satellite they have a channel that shows what is on every channel but i haven't found that on cable.

I guess if the event is very long and it's not one that CTV deems to be as popular, then those peripheral channels might just have it.

vCash
    My own complaint, my VCR set up to record from 7:30-3:30 today and then I set up on another of my VCRs to record TSN from 6:30-2:30, I get a call from my mom saying that she has the grandkids at home (2 and 8), so I asked her to keep them busy and what do I find out? She gives the brats the remotes (after I explicitly asked her not to) and the power button is hit, so all my TSN coverage for the day that I thought I had was WIPED OUT! Really hoping CTV primetime covers all the medal performances in full because I have no idea what CTV main network covered today, otherwise I'm going to be even more pissed than I already am.
    Kyle

Canadian ladies über
    vCash
    I was on tv today!!!! CTV had a crew at Gemini Gymnastics where a bunch of gymnasts and their families/friend were there cheering for Canada.

vCash
    *meekly raises her hand*
    I knew there were a few things on OLN because I get the London (Ontario) Free Press, a printed daily newpaper. Last week, they had a special section devoted to the upcoming Olympics and at the back they had what was on each of the four channels each day and OLN was listed. I photo copied it for me and gave the section to my mom so she could see what was on each day. Only problem was knowing what time any event was likely to be shown so I've been going to the CTV Olympic site and getting some times on it.

liv, have you tried looking up on the internet to see if that all Olympic feed channel is even one that is available on cable?
    Crazy about sports!

Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash
    liv, I did that, but it never showed up on my guide. Then again, we're on Shaw Direct and not Bell, so maybe that's why?

The needing to finish my sentence even though a National Anthem's starting is spreading. Rod Smith did it twice this afternoon during the Swimming coverage. For crying out loud that is just not cool and downright disrespectful.

If I was able to be on Twitter, I'd tweet a complaint. Maybe someone on the thread could please pass that along to CTV for me?

So impressed w/Kyle so far. He was *really* excellent last night w/Brian talking about the entire Inquiry w/Japan and how the Men's Team Event ended up ending the way it did. My only problem w/him has been fixed thankfully, as during Ladies Q rounds, his mic was a bit too close to his mouth and you could hear his breathing at times.

As I joked w/the Parents, I've heard of obscene phone calls, but an obscene Ladies Gymnastics event at the Olympics?

vCash

Exclamation

Did anyone happen to record all of CTV/TSN stuff today?? My TSN coverage was cut off by my brat of a nephew and I just found I stuck in a 6 hour tape instead of an 8 hour tape so it recorded from 7:30-1:30 today instead of 7:30-3:30 like I thought If they got Full competitions/interviews/in-studio interviews, let me know and I will gladly pay for an extra copy!!
    Kyle

Canadian ladies über
    vCash
    Did CTV interview the Canadian women's gymnastics team? I wasn't watching at home and recorded CTV until 5 - since prelims were on sportsnet, which went off air at 5, I didn't realise that CTV was on until 6.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast