Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Ok CTV, you say that you can't show the field of the stadium at the beginning and yet you can clearly see it when you go to Brian Williams and Lisa LaFlamme at the stadium.

That being said, the pre-show is already making me tear up.

Love the Canadian Tenor's version of "I Believe"

vCash
    quite a bit cut out for the rebroadcast. Building the foundry, the hospital/kid lit scene, start of the dance segment. It's not making sense.

vCash
    The Canadian team outfits were very blah. Time to bring back Roots. Looks like most of the team skipped the opening ceremonies.

vCash
    Boy am I glad I went back to VHS for these games! I don't trust my DVD recorder and I bought 20 8 hour VHS tapes to record for 16 days...
    Kyle

vCash
    Karl Shewfelt is a very good colour commentator, he will have a nice career ahead of him in broadcasting. I miss the CBC's Steve Armitage for the swimming events.

ETA - Sorry that is Kyle not Karl.
    Last edited by algonquin; 07-29-2012 at 11:50 PM.

vCash
    algonquin, I have the exact same two thoughts about the coverage. As I said in the gymnastics coverage, Kyle actually makes Rod Black somewhat tolerable. And swimming is just not the same without the Armitage-McDonald combination.

vCash
    Agree that Kyle is doing a great job. I thought Blythe Hartley was pretty good for diving too. Not liking Joanne Malar in swimming.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    algonquin, I have the exact same two thoughts about the coverage. As I said in the gymnastics coverage, Kyle actually makes Rod Black somewhat tolerable.
    I don't usually watch gymnastics, but I watched the men's team event yesterday. I enjoyed Kyle's commentary so much that I plan to watch more gymnastics this time around.

Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    And swimming is just not the same without the Armitage-McDonald combination.
    IMHO Armitage is one of the best in the business. When he is calling swimming or short track speed skating, he has me on the edge of my seat. (I am not sure if "calling" is the correct term, but you know what I mean.) I have a vague memory that McDonald was retiring after the last Olympics, but I could be mixing him up with one of the other veteran CBC colour commentators. Regardless, I always enjoyed his commentatory.

Canadian ladies über
    vCash
    The gymnastics coverage has been amazing. It's ironic because I had tweeted Kyle, when he asked people what they wanted to see, I asked him for uninterrupted coverage of every session. He tweeted that he thought it would be asking too much, but that's basically what we got!

vCash
    ITA that Kyle Shewfelt has been amazing! Very good balance of knowledge and enthusiasm.

I miss him as a competitor.

vCash
    Hmm really? Rod Black is annoying the living daylights outta me, I think he's trying to bring too much of the skating gusto into gymnastics and it's just not working, Kyle... I don't know, while I enjoy what he actually states the moves and stuff are, I'm not sure if I find him just a bit too... perky? He was an amazing competitor and in general is a super nice guy, but I don't know... I miss Carol Angela Orcard and Stella Umeh, Lori-Strong Ballard was my favorite though.
    Kyle

vCash
    I love the duo of Rod and Kyle. I find Rod entertaining (albeit sometimes a bit over the top...and i like him in figure skating) and Kyle really enjoys everyone with no bias.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kylet3 View Post
    Kyle... I don't know, while I enjoy what he actually states the moves and stuff are, I'm not sure if I find him just a bit too... perky?
    But that's Kyle's personality - he is that perky and enthusiastic.

vCash
    Really liking Kyle a lot - he almost makes Rod Black bearable.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
    Really liking Kyle a lot - he almost makes Rod Black bearable.

Only almost

vCash
    At work and with Silverlight only to find out the feeds have died.
    Kyle

Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash
    Okay, I don't give a flying flip how important what you're saying is, when the notes of an Olympic Champion's/Champions National Anthem begins, SHUT THE HELL UP!!!

Rod Black and Joanne Malar, I'm glaring at you. Kyle Shewfelt's getting a pass this time because he obviously sped up his talking to try and finish before China's Anthem started. Which he did manage, but then the Talking Mustache just *had* to have the last word.

Not the first time for Rod either. He did this during Sweden's Anthem during the Men's Hockey Medal Ceremony in Lillehammer in 94.

They all should know better!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AragornElessar View Post
    Okay, I don't give a flying flip how important what you're saying is, when the notes of an Olympic Champion's/Champions National Anthem begins, SHUT THE HELL UP!!!

Rod Black and Joanne Malar, I'm glaring at you. Kyle Shewfelt's getting a pass this time because he obviously sped up his talking to try and finish before China's Anthem started. Which he did manage, but then the Talking Mustache just *had* to have the last word.

Not the first time for Rod either. He did this during Sweden's Anthem during the Men's Hockey Medal Ceremony in Lillehammer in 94.

They all should know better!!
    Rod Black has been more annoying these games than I ever remember him being in the past, Joanne Malar is absolutely terrible as well, I can't stand her commentating, it's so amateurish to say the best, reminds me of Anne Montminy back in 2008 when she was an uber bitch the entire competition. Overall I'm not loving CTV's coverage this go around, 2010 was well done and fine but this time around even with all the mediums, the technical difficulties online, the sub-par commentating then switching to NBC when it comes time to show main level tennis matches? Such a cop out.
    Kyle

vCash
    I just hated the piece they did on the Chinese girl, Ye Shiwen. Brian and a panel of two sports writers basically said they'd have to wait 8 years to find out the truth about her doping until the technology could catch up. Uggh. They even compared her going faster than Lochte to that of a 16 year old girl beating usain bolt... um, totally unfair comparison. The whole tone of it bugged me.

Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash
    Tell me about it w/Rod. I came upstairs at one point to go to the bathroom and Mom asked me what I thought of things so far in the Gymnastics. My answer was this...

Well...I'm experiencing a feeling I normally don't have until halfway through the first night of Skate Canada in October. I want to reach through that screen and throttle Rod Black!!
    Oh and when he said and I quote...

Great Britain had to qualify through the test event and luckily, the test event was in this building.
    No, really Rod? The test event for the Gymnastics venue was in the actual building they're using right now? Wow...What a neat idea that is!!

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast