Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

vCash

Canada Viewing - CTV - Schedule, Recording, Complaints, etc.

Since we have a USA thread, I figured I'd start a Canada thread.

Is anyone else here doing the same intense recording/etc that some of our American friends are doing? Canadian networks seem to have every angle covered, though I'm not looking forward to Brian Williams and his yap for 16 days...
    Kyle

Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash
    I know someone who will be recording every big Canadian moment, as well as the Gymnastics events, that they can get on DVD.

ME!!!

A relative of mine who was visiting last summer when I was dumping my Athens tapes onto DVD said from the look she got of the one tape I was downloading, I did a better lookback than anything the CBC could have produced.

I took that as a great compliment.

Anyway...What makes things hard for me until Friday when I hear what's going on Saturday, is due to my slower than slow due to being in Rural Canada Hell connection, I can't access the CTV schedule just due to the fact it's set up for the rest of the World and high speed. To say it's driving me crazy is an understatement.

Especially since I'd like to get my cousin Kristina out here to watch some of the Equestrian coverage. I posted about that over in the Equestrian thread, but I can't plan for that unless I know what event is happening when.

Grrrr!!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kylet3 View Post

Is anyone else here doing the same intense recording/etc that some of our American friends are doing? Canadian networks seem to have every angle covered, though I'm not looking forward to Brian Williams and his yap for 16 days...
    Brian Williams I always will remember Sydney and every time the camera went to him he would say "and we're looking at Sydney harbour with the Sydney bridge and the world famous Sydney Opera House" or similar. Yes, Brian, we know, we caught on after the first 50 times you told us...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AragornElessar View Post
    I know someone who will be recording every big Canadian moment, as well as the Gymnastics events, that they can get on DVD.

ME!!!

A relative of mine who was visiting last summer when I was dumping my Athens tapes onto DVD said from the look she got of the one tape I was downloading, I did a better lookback than anything the CBC could have produced.

Anyway...What makes things hard for me until Friday when I hear what's going on Saturday, is due to my slower than slow due to being in Rural Canada Hell connection, I can't access the CTV schedule just due to the fact it's set up for the rest of the World and high speed. To say it's driving me crazy is an understatement.

Especially since I'd like to get my cousin Kristina out here to watch some of the Equestrian coverage. I posted about that over in the Equestrian thread, but I can't plan for that unless I know what event is happening when.

Grrrr!!!!
    I suggest you do a google search. If you can find a pdf document schedule of events and TV listings then you can keep the download on your computer and won't have to worry about the slow speed.

Try this search - https://www.google.com/search?q=2012+olympic+schedule+pdf&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-USfficial&client=firefox-a The second listing came up with a pretty good schedule for me.

vCash
    ^^^Thanks!! Will have to do that tomorrow as I've got an early morning.

vCash

ME!!!
    We're going to have to chat about potentially making a trade at some point because I have tons of Olympics coverage dating back to 1992 and adding a cherry on top.. I have a good amount of the CBC coverage from 1998 and 2000 as well. Somehow my cable system when I was at college pulled in CBC. During the Olympics, a couple of friends of mine and I used to say to each other "thank goodness for the CBC!"

vCash

I can so totally HEAR him saying this too!! Yikes..... I am hoping that CBC give us some decent coverage , I have not even had the chance to look ahead to pvr....gottta get on it!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by victoriajh View Post
    I can so totally HEAR him saying this too!! Yikes..... I am hoping that CBC give us some decent coverage , I have not even had the chance to look ahead to pvr....gottta get on it!
    CTV/TSN/RSN are the main providers... CBC doesn't have the rights...
    Kyle

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DK073 View Post
    We're going to have to chat about potentially making a trade at some point because I have tons of Olympics coverage dating back to 1992 and adding a cherry on top.. I have a good amount of the CBC coverage from 1998 and 2000 as well. Somehow my cable system when I was at college pulled in CBC. During the Olympics, a couple of friends of mine and I used to say to each other "thank goodness for the CBC!"
    Uh... we may have to talk! I have all Canadian medal performances from 2002-2010 but nadda before that, would you be willing to make copies for this Olympic Obsessed Canadian?!?
    Kyle

vCash

ME!!!

Grrrr!!!!
    Uh, you too! lol, I do have a normal contact that I get this stuff from but they indicated to me that they may not be recording as much stuff as they usually do so if I happen to miss any of the Canadian Medalists from my own recordings would you be willing to make me a copy? Do you record the competition and in-studio interviews along with the medal ceremonies too like I do??
    Kyle

vCash
    Uh, you too! lol, I do have a normal contact that I get this stuff from but they indicated to me that they may not be recording as much stuff as they usually do so if I happen to miss any of the Canadian Medalists from my own recordings would you be willing to make me a copy? Do you record the competition and in-studio interviews along with the medal ceremonies too like I do??
    Of course I do. What I can get that is, which is most things.

I do wish I'd managed to tape last night's stuff on CTV National News though. That special sneak peak of the Opening they said they had and then showed the Opening Ceremonies of the last time London hosted the Games?

Nice fake out.

vCash
    EEK! Just learned that my contact, unfortuantely isn't going to be able to help me out this time with Summer 2012 coverage. If I miss anything at all that I want to get... Can I count on my Canadian FSUers to back me up and make me coverage if there's anything that I don't get?

Pretty please! Obviously there will be compensation for DVD discs and time to do it!

What I'm looking for (if I don't get it myself)
    Canadian Medal Performances
    Interview's just after competition has finished
    in-studio interviews with Brian Williams
    Opening and Closing Ceremonies (I will likely get these in full though).

I'd HUGELY appreciate if I could rely on someone here?
    Kyle

vCash
    No promises, but I'll see what I can do. As I said though, no promises, as I'm still learning how to work my combo DVD/VCR and I'd need a blank tape to do transfers of. Those aren't that easy to find anymore. But I'd love to be able to help if I can.

vCash
    No promises, but I'll see what I can do. As I said though, no promises, as I'm still learning how to work my combo DVD/VCR and I'd need a blank tape to do transfers of. Those aren't that easy to find anymore. But I'd love to be able to help if I can.
    No worries, I'd say just try to get everything you can recorded first of course, and then we can worry about how we are going to do it later. Record first, figure out later!
    Kyle

vCash
    crap i guess I am hoping for decent online coverage then? dang it not getting tsn is really starting to be OLD!

vCash
    No worries, I'd say just try to get everything you can recorded first of course, and then we can worry about how we are going to do it later. Record first, figure out later!
    Very true!!

A.H...Thanks again for that link you gave me last night. The first one is perfect!! Thanks again!!

vCash
    I've got a set of 10 VHS tapes that are 8 hours long that i got at London Drugs... for $50 I think I may need to go back and buy one more set...
    Kyle

vCash
    Is RSN the same as SN? I see there is coverage on 'SN' but don't know what channel it is.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Japanfan View Post
    Is RSN the same as SN? I see there is coverage on 'SN' but don't know what channel it is.
    Sorry when I say RSN I meant Rogers Sports Net hope that clarifies
    Kyle

INTJ
    vCash
    I think someone needs to tell TSN that there are other athletes than Michael Phelps & Usain Bolt...
    "Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better." -- Samuel Beckett

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast