Prick Admin
    vCash

2012 London Olympic Games Day -1 (26/07/2012)

Men's football matches today....

Honduras vs Morocco (KO 1200) and Spain vs Japan (KO 1445) at Hampden Park (Glasgow)

Mexico vs South Korea (KO 1430) and Gabon vs Switzerland (KO 1715) at St James' Park (Newcastle)

United Arab Emirates vs Uruguay (KO 1700) and Great Britain vs Senegal (KO 2000) at Old Trafford (Manchester)

Egypt vs Brazil (KO 1945) at the Millennium Stadium (Cardiff)

Belarus vs New Zealand (KO 1945) at the City of Coventry Stadium (Coventry)
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

vCash

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatefan View Post
    Hopefully the athlete is a good one so maybe he/she can represent GB in the future.
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

vCash
    Morocco leads 1-0 over Hondurus at half time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Domshabfan View Post
    Morocco leads 1-0 over Hondurus at half time.
    Morocco 2-2 Honduras FT score.

vCash
    I just caught on to the day numbering scheme, we're slow over here in the homeland of the moose...

vCash
    Spanish team struggling on defense. After going down 0-1 to Japan, they almost got caught again. And, while I love seeing my bf on the attack, he's really not a pure forward, so I'm not sure this is the best strategy...And Jordi Alba gets a yellow card now.

ETA Inigo Martinez gets sent off on a red card (not quite deserved, but a yellow and the free kick for Japan were). U23 Rojitos are

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Final score Spain 0-1 Japan.

Failing her snatch
    vCash
    Yay Japan

Anyway, here's today's Nationality cock up!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/olympics/18997930

London 2012: Wales' Joe Allen listed as English by Team GB

Olympic organisers are facing another embarrassing gaffe after describing Welsh midfielder Joe Allen as English in the official Team GB programme.

Allen, 22, is set to feature for Great Britain on Thursday in their opening match against Senegal at Old Trafford.

The mistake follows the humiliating episode at Hampden Park when the South Korea flag was shown next to North Korea's women footballers.

Games organisers Locog have been asked for a response to the latest blunder.

Allen, a fluent Welsh speaker from Pembrokeshire, is one of five Welshman selected in the men's football squad. But under the title 'Nationality' in the official programme, the Swansea City midfielder is listed as English.

Compatriots Ryan Giggs, Craig Bellamy, Aaron Ramsey and Neil Taylor have all correctly been identified as Welsh in the official programme.
    Dont Hate! Gyrate!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by allezfred View Post
    Final score Spain 0-1 Japan.
    It was a well-deserved win for them. Nagai (their No 11) played very well. After reading up on last man fouls, I guess the red card for Martinez was deserved after all. Hopefully, Spain can play better against Honduras.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by allezfred View Post
    Hopefully the athlete is a good one so maybe he/she can represent GB in the future.
    yeah

vCash
    Here come the British Football Team - let's kick some butt boys!!

being infected by Radionova's obvious joy for skating
    vCash
    The Finnish commentators are obviously unimpressed by the GBR - Senegal match and are therefore snarking things like "The player could pull his pants a bit higher up" to pass the time.
    Rockin' Finnish commentator: "And that was supposed to be a flip but it turned out to be a flop."

vCash
    Bah we lose men's football as well. Not that it isn't a surprise but still I'd like at least one win from either team before these Olympics are over.

Yay bring on Opening Ceremony and Day One ^_^

vCash
    Was hoping Egypt could pull back and tie it up at the end against Brazil. Regardless they played an excellent game from what I saw. I like that the players mentioned beforehand that while there's so much that's going on in their country right now, they want to show that they've still got a good soccer team. I visited Egypt back in 2008 and the Egyptians were the nicest people I've ever met. Can't help but to cheer for them here!