View Poll Results: Who is the weakest link?

Voters
155. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ondrej Nepela

42 27.10%
  • John Curry

3 1.94%
  • Robin Cousins

3 1.94%
  • Scott Hamilton

39 25.16%
  • Brian Boitano

3 1.94%
  • Viktor Petrenko

10 6.45%
  • Alexei Urmanov

32 20.65%
  • Ilia Kulik

4 2.58%
  • Alexei Yagudin

5 3.23%
  • Evgeni Plushenko

14 9.03%

vCash

Olympic Champion SURVIVOR: Mens Round 2

Okay, on to Round 2 of Olympic Champion SURVIVOR -- Mens!

Same rules in Round 2: the two with the most votes are eliminated.

In Round 1, we said goodbye to:

In 12th place: EVAN LYSACEK (Oh Evan, we hardly knew ye...)

In 11th place: WOLFGANG SCHWARZ (Dancin' to the Jailhouse Rock...)
    "I hit him with my shoes... if he had given me the medal like I told him to, I wouldn't have had to hit him!" -- 8-year-old Rhoda Penmark in "The Bad Seed"

vCash
    Bye bye nepala

vCash
    at the people voting off hamilton!
    I'd been shaking my head in disbelief at all the charges of anti-na men voting, thinking it was all bs, until I saw this. Even boitano has more votes than patrenko and cousins.

vCash
    I vote for Nepela.

vCash
    I never understand why Urmanov always gets so many votes as much as I never understand his artistry, his Olympic free program is kind of weird to me. But unlike Sarah Hughes who's really a one time hitter, Urmanov was a gold medal contender when he's competing before he got injured, wasn't he?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by unicorn View Post
    I never understand why Urmanov always gets so many votes as much as I never understand his artistry, his Olympic free program is kind of weird to me. But unlike Sarah Hughes who's really a one time hitter, Urmanov was a gold medal contender when he's competing before he got injured, wasn't he?
    because Urmanov is the favorite poker

vCash
    I voted for Urmanov, I'm indifferent to him. I was about to vote for Hamilton, but I let the babies' cries affect my pulse and Urmanov it was! (And Nepela is gone anyway.)

If he stays another round, Scott has my vote guaranteed.

Very glad with the results of the first round.

vCash
    I don't know anything about Nepela.. so I voted for Petrenko.. I think people are voting for Hamilton because his LP was terrible (for him).. but Petrenko's wasn't great either.

vCash
    I'm surprised at the votes for Scott, too. Wasn't he pretty much untouchable from 81 to 84 because of a) his mastery of school figures and b) his super-energetic and dynamic SPs? It almost reminds me of Peggy Fleming's kind of dominance over her competitors, sticking it to everyone in the first phase of the competition.

vCash
    It all depends on your criteria. While based on overall careers Hamilton was a great champion his Olympic winning performance itself was majorly lame with a capital L. As Orser crushed him in both the free and short program phases, Scott's win clearly falls into the "only won because of figures" category. As well overall 1981-1984 was probably the weakest quad for mens skating ever too. Who was his main competition before Orser in 84, Norbert Schramm, David Santee, Igor Bobrin?

vCash
    People like to pick on Urmanov for his Olympic win, but I think a big part of his victory was his terrific SP:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oziVC...reply_received
    "I hit him with my shoes... if he had given me the medal like I told him to, I wouldn't have had to hit him!" -- 8-year-old Rhoda Penmark in "The Bad Seed"

vCash
    Re: Scott, I have to say that I can't let his bad Olympics LP ruin my overall impression of his greatness as a champion. Some of his other programs during that period, even without the 3Axel (or a 3Loop, for that matter) were highly enjoyable, not to mention technically sound -- a big plus for me. Also, I believe he even admitted at one point that he focused hard on figures because that's where he would win his championships. So he's a champion that used the skills he had and milked the scoring system for all he could, and won lots of medals.

With that said...if people are voting out for Scott based on other criteria (**coughcoughSaltLakeCitycoughcough**), then that's totally their prerogative.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by berthesghost View Post
    at the people voting off hamilton!
    I'd been shaking my head in disbelief at all the charges of anti-na men voting, thinking it was all bs, until I saw this. Even boitano has more votes than patrenko and cousins.

Maybe you simply posted this too soon; but I don't see any anti-NA bias. Apart from Hamilton, the other men in the top 5 for votes are Nepela, Urmanov, Plushenko and Petrenko.