Watch me move
    vCash

Kids' Show Host JP Patches Passes Away

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm...esobit23m.html

Anyone of an, um, certain age who grew up in the Pacific Northwest will know what a sad day this is

Supposedly Matt Groening (who is from Seattle) based the Simpsons character of Krusty the Clown on JP Patches, although JP never got up to any of the offscreen antics that Krusty gets involved in.
    Who wants to watch rich people eat pizza? They must have loved that in Bangladesh. - Randy Newman on the 2014 Oscars broadcast

vCash
    It was a bad day. It was the big story here all day (until the Ichiro trade). The Governor, the Mayor, the King Co. Executive, every local news outlet commented. Everyone my age has a JP story. It will tell you how loved he was, that not one comment in the comments section of the newspaper was bad.

There was a moment of silence at the Mariners game that night.

The longest running locally produced kids show ever 1958 - 1981.

Other big fans include Joel McHale and Rainn Wilson.

Local newscaster Kent Schram:

"The face paint was never meant to conceal. It was to let everyone see who he really was."

"The J.P. Patches show hit Seattle television back in 1958. I have never - literally never - met someone born and raised here during the time that program was on the air who was not a "Patches Pal."

http://www.komonews.com/opinion/kens...163437856.html

moving right along
    vCash
    There is a statue of JP Patches dancing with Gertrude in front of the building where I work. The collection of flowers, notes, and decorations left at the statue has grown quite large over the past 3 days. RIP special clown.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyNit View Post
    There is a statue of JP Patches dancing with Gertrude in front of the building where I work. The collection of flowers, notes, and decorations left at the statue has grown quite large over the past 3 days. RIP special clown.
    The best part of the statue, is the collection box for Children's Hospital in the ICU2TV!

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    I am sure I continued to watch him into high school. Thought this from wikpedia was interesting:

The show was immensely popular in the Puget Sound area and southwestern British Columbia, Canada, with children of course but also their parents who enjoyed J.P.'s frequent use of double entendre and sly subversiveness.
    So that's where I got that from!! Thanks for everything, J.P.!
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    Yep, one of my friends who's still in Seattle told me about this. One of my sisters called me Patches because I, too, was a "JP" with my maiden name. Gertrude was on the radio the other day.
    BARK LESS. WAG MORE.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    I am sure I continued to watch him into high school. Thought this from wikpedia was interesting:

"The show was immensely popular in the Puget Sound area and southwestern British Columbia, Canada, with children of course but also their parents who enjoyed J.P.'s frequent use of double entendre and sly subversiveness."

So that's where I got that from!! Thanks for everything, J.P.!
    I know I did. I continued to watch him after HS, and I know many others who did.

The crew used to do things to him too. One time, they were supposed to go to a cartoon or a commercial, and the crew kept shaking the camera "no". JP clearly wanted to duck out to go to the bathroom, but they wouldn't let him. He was crossing his legs before they finally let him off the hook!

vCash
    Great clowns are rare and wonderful.
    Thanks for telling me about him.
    RIP

vCash
    A tribute from bassist Duff McKagan (Guns & Roses)

J.P. Patches Made Seattle Bands a Little Bit Different. Seriously

http://blogs.seattleweekly.com/rever...ttle_bands.php

Watch me move
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by znachki View Post
    A tribute from bassist Duff McKagan (Guns & Roses)

J.P. Patches Made Seattle Bands a Little Bit Different. Seriously

http://blogs.seattleweekly.com/rever...ttle_bands.php
    That is a truly awesome article. Thanks for posting the link.
    Who wants to watch rich people eat pizza? They must have loved that in Bangladesh. - Randy Newman on the 2014 Oscars broadcast

Banned Member
    vCash
    Hello friends i am a event planner and i am organizing different shows in every where i have all the facilities for organised every type of event and this is good show for the kids and the show hosts if this party is very talented Caucasus he must be handled to the kids and organised the party in all manners....

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Anderson2100 View Post
    Hello friends i am a event planner and i am organizing different shows in every where i have all the facilities for organised every type of event and this is good show for the kids and the show hosts if this party is very talented Caucasus he must be handled to the kids and organised the party in all manners....
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher