View Poll Results: Who is the weakest link among these past champions?

Voters
215. You may not vote on this poll
  • Grishuk & Platov

16 7.44%
  • Krylova & Ovsiannikov

71 33.02%
  • Anissina & Peizerat

28 13.02%
  • Virtue & Moir

100 46.51%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

vCash

Figure Skating Champions SURVIVOR: Ice Dance QUARTER FINALS

Sorry about the delay. Been busy at work. Anyways .. the headband couldn't strike again this time:

5TH PLACE: NAVKA & KOSTOMAROV (51.45% of votes)

The remaining contenders are:

01. Oksana Grishuk & Evgeny Platov - RUS - 1994,1995,1996 & 1997 Worlds and 1994 & 1998 Olympic Champions.
    02. Angelica Krylova & Oleg Ovsiannikov - RUS - 1998 and 1999 World Champions.
    03. Marina Anissina & Gwendal Peizerat - FRA - 2000 World and 2002 Olympic Champions.
    04.Tessa Virtue & Scott Moir - CAN - 2010 & 2012 World and 2010 Olympic Champions.

Already eliminated.
    06th Place: Denkova & Staviski (38.53% votes)
    07th Place: Davis & White (39.29% votes)
    08th Place: Delobel & Schoenfelder (37.45% votes)
    09th Place: Bourne & Kraatz (41.85% votes)
    10th Place: Lobacheva & Averbukh (46.60% votes)
    11th Place: Domnina & Shabalin (29.65% votes)
    12th Place: Fusar-Poli & Margaglio (48.77% votes)

This will be a quickie round, so vote fast

vCash
    Bye bye Krylova, great team but too over the top.

vCash
    I think that it should be Anissina and Peizerat. Their final two free dances were pretty eh. Although their flamenco original dance was amazing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiK View Post
    Bye bye Krylova, great team but too over the top.
    But you're leaving the team with Scott Moir in?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by casken View Post
    I think that Scott Moir has the perfect amount of emoting. I also enjoy OTT emoting from Krylova and Ovsiannikov.

vCash
    He seems a very humble shy boy compared to Krylova's facial expressions.

vCash
    The Krylova votes.

If the V&M people want to go after anyone else, it should be A&P.They struggled the whole second half of their career. They were at their peak in 98 and 99, but post 99 they struggled to get settled with a lot of their programs and Gwendel seemed to become a very nervy competitor often not looking completely over his feet on basic twizzles and turns. They deservedly lost the OD to F-P&M in 2000 and 2001, controversially lost to them overall in 2001, and barely beat L&A for the OGM.

And Carmina Burana is the second most overrated FD in history. There I said it.

At any other time, K&O would have been at least 3-4 time world champions and Olympic champions. They just had the misfortune of running into the wall known as G&P.

And to be honest, there's more original and difficult choreography and dance holds in this 2:00 Original Dance than all of V&M's FD's combined.
    Last edited by casken; 07-24-2012 at 07:39 PM.

YEAH!
    vCash
    If the V&M people want to go after anyone else, it should be A&P.
    My K&O dislike is quite independent of my V&M love. But I do think V&M should outlast A&P, although both are great.

I'll just copy my post from the last thread on why I believe K&O should go:

K&O only had 3 good seasons, and they were only the dominant pair in one of those seasons, 1999.

IMO, G&P were vulnerable in 1997 and especially 1998. K&O had their chances to beat them, just as G&P had passed U&Z in 1994.

K&O dominated their fall 1996 GP (with G&P out with injury), but couldn't even manage to beat B&K at the GPF. Then G&P came to Euros with vastly better programs and trounced K&O, retaining their Euro and World titles.

By 1998, Evgeny's knees were failing him and G&P were falling down a lot in competition. The Russian federation didn't really have reason to prop up G&P anymore, IMO. They were obviously retiring no matter what, so it would been better for Russian skating to have K&O win gold in Nagano and try for a second title in SLC. K&O managed to lead G&P in the Euro OD (because G&P fell), but couldn't hold on to their lead because Carmen was an open program, not as difficult as Memorial, and too OTT for many to appreciate. They were 2nd at the Olympics and won Worlds because G&P finally retired, but they did not dominate that season.

In 1999, K&O dominated on paper, with an unbeaten season. However, there was some questioning of the judges for their European title and the inquiry was actually led by the Russian referee! They won Worlds, but they conceded the OD to A&P, so they weren't even able to fully dominate once G&P retired.

They were good dancers, and it's very sad that she got injured, but based on their actual record, they are the weakest link at this point. They have two world titles and an Olympic silver. V&M and N&K have two world titles and Olympic gold. A&P have only one World title, but an Olympic gold and bronze, and G&P are far ahead of everyone.

And I totally disagree with voting off V&M, who are the most technically gifted team on the list, and had incredible accomplishments much earlier in their careers. They're the youngest Olympic champions in the skating discipline that values longevity & experience the most.

vCash
    K&O dominated their fall 1996 GP (with G&P out with injury), but couldn't even manage to beat B&K at the GPF.
    That was probably the most absurd and political result of the 90s in ice dance.

vCash
    I had to vote for Virtue and Moir even though I think they are great. I just think the other teams on the list are even greater. Regarding K&O I actually think they are better than G&P and will probably vote for them to win if they're still in the last round. The Carmen FD from the Olympics was breathtaking.

vCash
    I would end Virtue and Moir's run here as well. I adore them, I think they are one of the best teams ever. What hurts them, I think, is the limtations imposed by the new system. They are so artistic, I wonder how they would fare in the old system. They have great blades. Though I too find Scott a bit over the top at times. This might be an unpopular opinion, but I always thought she emotes better. She's very subtle, but captures the essence of the music a bit better. That said, they are extraordinary skaters. The other three just happened to be part of an era that, with its many flaws, was so much more creative.

vCash
    Maybe this round V/M are likely to go . However, congratulate to them. They are the only one team in the last decade still survive at this game

vCash
    I think V/M should stay. But looks like they won't. I just hope Grishuk & Platov win this as I think the French team is vastly overrated.

vCash
    Voted for A&P.

vCash
    Wow...I just realized that I enjoy Grishuk/Platov the least of the remaining teams.
    "Corporation, n. An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." - Ambrose Bierce

vCash
    How the heck do K/O have more votes than A/P??

vCash
    K/O to go both of them too OTT for even my taste

vCash
    I love how people have to ignore K&O's actual skating and programs to justify eliminating them.

vCash
    I consider over the top beyond what is natural or supported by what else you're doing. A lot of ice dancers are melodramatic. Moir isn't one of them really. Scott Moir - that's who he is when he performs. It's his natural expression; there's nothing forced. Krylova drove me crazy with the face.

Anassina & Pezerat were over the top with their costumes, hair and make-up but I actually thought they were pretty authentic in their expression too.

vCash
    I never really liked K/O and I still think A/P should have won in 1999.

I find it really hard to compare V/M to G/P and A/P... I like them all, but ice dance is so different now it is hard to compare who was 'better'.
    “What’s on the revengenda this evening?” – Nolan Ross

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast