View Poll Results: Who is the weakest link?

Voters
217. You may not vote on this poll
  • Wolfgang Schwarz

74 34.10%
  • Ondrej Nepela

6 2.76%
  • John Curry

0 0%
  • Robin Cousins

1 0.46%
  • Scott Hamilton

9 4.15%
  • Brian Boitano

1 0.46%
  • Viktor Petrenko

5 2.30%
  • Alexei Urmanov

18 8.29%
  • Ilia Kulik

2 0.92%
  • Alexei Yagudin

3 1.38%
  • Evgeni Plushenko

16 7.37%
  • Evan Lysacek

82 37.79%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    So is Yagudin gonna win this thing as well?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Blair View Post
    Do his activities (human traficking or otherwise) have anyting to do with how well he skated?
    are we supposed to vote for skaters as such or skaters as all round human beiings? Or as oly champs who honored this medal???

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DimaToe View Post
    So is Yagudin gonna win this thing as well?
    Hopefully John Curry will pull off the massive upset!

vCash
    I don't think a mens Olympic champion demonstrated such extreme and stunning technical regression than when you compare Lysacek to the previous three winners! He has to be the worst. He chose to be technically regressive in the extreme and the points system supported his extreme technical regression.

vCash
    Well if Evan was so regressive then why did he win an Olympic Gold medal? It's not like many of the other skaters were doing quads either so why put the blame on him?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammers View Post
    Well if Evan was so regressive then why did he win an Olympic Gold medal? It's not like many of the other skaters were doing quads either so why put the blame on him?
    It was because everyone at that Olympics was either undermarked or messed up, so basically since Evan was clean and had solid landings and was a code whore, he won. And yes, most men didn't do quads. But Evan is OGM, which is why people blame him. He's supposed to be better. Michal Brezina should've won that Olympics.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammers View Post
    Because of GOE can be +3 and worth so much that it did make sense for many to not to quads- to not go the extra mile- and put a limit on their jump ability at triple and get the +3 GOE on them. You cut out a major thing that requires a lot of practice and focus on other things like spins and steps and just just code whore to the extreme. Backloading and all triple programs may have won but it was a terrible thing. The total regression because of COP penalties on quads and other rules caused that terrible mistake in Vancouver in mens skating. I know that this is not why he is getting so many votes so quick because along with being totally technically regressive and not choosing to go the extra mile and work hard on quads he is totally and completely a total blank slate on the ice with movements for the sake of movements with no personality or artistic ability.

vCash
    Lysacek is losing to Schwarz? Blehh.

vCash
    I think it's truly sad when one skater loses to other skaters who engaged in human trafficking (Schwarz); suspiciously overcame a 4th place in figures (Cousins); or gave a truly shaky, sloppy winning performance (Petrenko), all of whom I'd vote for before Lysacek. Oh, well, there's always YouTube.

vCash
    I like the fact that Lysacek skated to Firebird

with my Sestra Helena plotting how to ravish Hot Paul and delicious Cal
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MichelleTodd View Post
    I think it's truly sad when one skater loses to other skaters who engaged in human trafficking (Schwarz); suspiciously overcame a 4th place in figures (Cousins); or gave a truly shaky, sloppy winning performance (Petrenko), all of whom I'd vote for before Lysacek. Oh, well, there's always YouTube.
    No way Robin Cousins and Viktor Petrenko are weaker than Evan Lysacek!

vCash
    Glad to see Lysacek walks out first!

I know, I know, they're Olympic Champions above who did quite weak performances at their Olympic win, but at least everyone knows they're so much better without Olympic pressure. Then, there's poor Lysacek , who did "his best" and still he's the worst among all these other guys.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZuZu View Post
    Glad to see Lysacek walks out first!

I know, I know, they're Olympic Champions above who did quite weak performances at their Olympic win, but at least everyone knows they're so much better without Olympic pressure. Then, there's poor Lysacek , who did "his best" and still he's the worst among all these other guys.
    I could maybe see your point with regard to petrenko and cousins, but did you watch those clips of Nepala and schwarz? Even doing doubles neither could probably even make it a minute into Evan's lp without getting winded.

vCash
    This is crazy, all kinds of polls recently. Shall we make a "who's gonna win this poll" poll?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by unicorn View Post
    This is crazy, all kinds of polls recently. Shall we make a "who's gonna win this poll" poll?
    I believe that was actually done a couple of years ago. And I'm sure the winner was Michelle Kwan.

vCash
    The only reason Schwarz wont go out this round is almost nobody knows who he is (other than the scandal). He is truly a terribly weak skater though, even for his own era. I am no Evan fan and he is definitely the 2nd weakest skater on the list, but no way he is weaker than Schwarz.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12