Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post

I would love that. But unfortunately the studio I believe have said that this is the last Batman movie.

Spoiler

Sometimes I think I lost something really important to me, and it turns out I already ate it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NinjaTurtles View Post

Spoiler

Weeeee!!!!

Spoiler

vCash
    I didn't like it as much as The Dark Knight, but overall I thought it was a nice conclusion to the series. Anne Hathaway was the best part of the film for me. She brought a much-needed sense of fun to the film. I thought Bane's voice was too distracting since he sounded kinda like Sean Connery meets Darth Vader.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jenny12 View Post
    I thought Bane's voice was too distracting since he sounded kinda like Sean Connery meets Darth Vader.
    I think you pretty much nailed it.

That aside, I LOVED the movie. I've seen it twice now and would love it if they continued the story. Especially with

Spoiler

In the superhero genre of movies, much like I see Christopher Reeves as Superman, I think Christian Bale IS Batman. He has totally owned that role.

'Dark Knight Rises' reportedly earns $160 million

For a 2D movie, that is one hefty box office earning.

vCash
    Splurged on the fancy schmancy movie experience for this one (alcohol, valet parking, unlimited popcorn, recliners). So had a great time.

I was hoping for something closer to Knight Fall. There,

Spoiler

. But it was a good end to the trilogy.

The twist at the end

Spoiler

Quote Originally Posted by CynicElle View Post

(Are there any other "Torchwood" fans out there who geeked out when Burn Gorman showed up? I poked my husband and squealed "IT'S OWEN!" I had no idea he was in this.)
    I did the same when Aiden Gillen (the CIA guy in the beginning) showed up. "Look, it's Littlefinger!" And we had our lost fix with Brett Cullen and Nestor Carbonell

vCash
    Forgot to mention that I absolutely loved it that

Spoiler

"Liking this sport is ridiculous, so you’re a little different for liking it, she explained. But you’re allowed to like what you like." - Robert Samuels

vCash
    Got a free ticket so I will be going to see it again tomorrow.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CynicElle View Post
    Forgot to mention that I absolutely loved it that

Spoiler

That made everyone in the theater LOL

I enjoyed the movie a lot, though I still think TDK was better. Bane was OMG scary as sh*t.

Spoiler

Tom Hardy was awesome as Bane, though I agree with the person who said his voice was a cross b/w Vader and Connery. If he had like a Vin Diesel voice he would have been 10x more terrifying, but the fact that it's this nice proper voice coming out of this massive and threatening-looking person is part of what makes him so scary. He looked about 6'5", 350 pounds...but Hardy is only 5'9" or 5'10"! They say the boots he wore added about 3" but he still looked massive next to Bale, who is supposedly 6'...great angles and filming can do wonders.

I loved Hathaway as Selina/Catwoman. Girl rocked the hell outta that bodysuit and I loved how she incorporated her swishy catwalk walk in heels...walking on gravel! Not an easy thing to do.

I never trusted

Spoiler

I loved Blake's story

Spoiler

One thing about Nolan: he loves recycling his actors! I half expected to see Leo Dicaprio or Ellen Page pop up in this movie! Half of the actors from "Inception" were in this one...

My theater was pretty great. Lots of cheers when

Spoiler

. I really loved that ending.

To me, TDK is more of a stand alone movie. There weren't as many tie-ins to Batman Begins; for TDKR, if you aren't familiar with the story/characters from the first movie, you probably missed out on a lot or didn't get the significance of several key points. I loved TDKR and I think it was a nice way to end the series. It's rare to have three strong movies in a row, but Nolan did it.

I would really love to see it again, probably in IMAX this time.

vCash
    I just saw this movie and thought it was a great conclusion to this trilogy. Christian Bale really owns Batman. Anne Hathaway was great, adding a little zing, and loved the regulars Michael Cane, Morgan Freeman etc. Loved the characters they brought back in little snippets, it made it all seem "right."

Overall, this is a great trilogy. I thought every movie was strong. I hope they don't try to make another Batman series after only 10 years, like they have with Spiderman. This one is good enough that it doesn't need a remake...they can only add to this franchise if the players involved feel like it... calling Chris Nolan...

small beef...Bain did sound too much like Sean Connery!!!

vCash
    Christian Bale in Denver, privately:
    http://www.denverpost.com/theatersho...ctims-shooting

Warner Brothers also announced that it will make a donation to a Victim's Advocacy Fund, after consultation with the Governor of Colorado.

vCash
    I loved the movie. I thought it was a great ending to the trilogy. The last five to ten minutes had me gasping with almost every scene! I'd definitely go see it again.

Bane's voice didn't bother me. After hearing the hammy, gruff voice that Batman takes on for the last three movies, I don't think I could get fazed by other unusual voices now, haha.

I agree with the praise for Anne Hathaway. She's really hit-or-miss with me, but I thought she nailed her character here.

Rejecting your reality and substituting my own
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatesindreams View Post
    Christian Bale in Denver, privately:
    http://www.denverpost.com/theatersho...ctims-shooting

Warner Brothers also announced that it will make a donation to a Victim's Advocacy Fund, after consultation with the Governor of Colorado.
    Awww that's nice of him. I'm still not sure if I agree with WB giving money to the victims, since it may imply some guilt (and they're already being sued - geez, TDKR is not Natural Born Killers, the gunman was bonkers which is not their fault), but one of the actors going to visit on his own personal time is nice.

The youngest victim was about the same age as Bale's daughter.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12