Page 5 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    vCash
    *delete*

vCash
    The old lady should have been sent home.

vCash
    I missed it, watched gymnastics. I did look at the photos, on the web site. With the exception of Ven's, I thought they were all awful. Thought they were all shapeless and ill fitting. Now, I may like them better on the show, the photos may not do them justice. So, I'll watch when it comes on "Demand".

vCash
    It's hard to believe that the sewing skills of most of these people are so poor.

When Ven and Fabio can do this for Kenley - contemporary - yet true to her aesthetic; in one day, there's no excuse:
    http://www.mylifetime.com/shows/proj...episode-3#id=7

From the promo, there might be some additional "drama" involving Kooan.

Sexy Superhero
    vCash
    Why didn't the pair designing for Milo use that fab print to accessorize somehow? Maybe make a bolero jacket or something, just to spice things up.

vCash
    Mila didn't like the print.

vCash
    Snape and Goth barbie's dress looked like a satin snuggie!

Sexy Superhero
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatesindreams View Post
    Mila didn't like the print.
    She said it was too day-timey, which it would be if used for the entire gown. But just a touch of it here and there would have helped the gown and she probably wouldn't object to a small amount of the print if it would liven up the boring thing she wound up with.

vCash
    I wondered if they had ever seen Mila/her designs before?
    Their concept/execution bore no resemblance to her aesthetic/taste.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PDilemma View Post
    Your nicknames crack me up, Fergus. And what's worse is that while I can't remember half their real names, I know exactly who you are talking about.
    The weird thing is that although "Gunnar Deatherage" sounds like a name devised by J.K. Rowling, it's someone's actual name.

vCash
    While I think Ven/Fabio made a great cocktail dress, there was nothing Grace Kelly on the red carpet about it. This is a Grace Kelly on the red carpet look. Too bad none of the three seemed to know that. Melissa/Dmitry were robbed.
    My job requires me to be a juggler, but that does not mean that I enjoy working with clowns.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    While I think Ven/Fabio made a great cocktail dress, there was nothing Grace Kelly on the red carpet about it. This is a Grace Kelly on the red carpet look. Too bad none of the three seemed to know that. Melissa/Dmitry were robbed.
    I agree. It was more Dorothy Maguire at the 1952 Photoplay Awards than Grace Kelly.

vCash
    The three best dresses (in terms of meeting the brief) were the three safe dresses - April, Laura, and Valerie had the best red carpet looks. I really loved how Melissa/Dmitry gave a nod to Old Hollywood glamour - kind of an updated Jean Harlow look.
    My job requires me to be a juggler, but that does not mean that I enjoy working with clowns.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PDilemma View Post
    I feel like rather than winning something, Ven is being punished by having to spend a day with Kenley.
    My first thought when he was announced as the winner.

Quote Originally Posted by my little pony View Post
    christopher needs to be slapped repeatedly. he cried like he was describing genocide.
    Yeah he was ridiculously overdramatic. I agree that Judy Collins was a mess to work with, but if he couldn't confront her during the challenge, don't bring it all up on the runway. That said, she's kind of cuckoo and I wouldn't want to work with her.

I thought Ven/unmemorable designer's dress was so I thought the judges would slam them for making a Kenley dress. Didn't Kenley make that exact silhouette almost every challenge?

April getting rid of the silver granny hair and bringing purple instead!! Can you imagine her wearing that silver gown while sporting her centrum silver hair??

I was at Irina having to work with Kooan. She looked so ticked off right before the runway show.

vCash
    That pic of Grace Kelly is one of my all-time favorite pics of her. I think it's a still of her from the movie The Swan.

But I thought the Ven/Fabio dress was very Grace Kelly-ish. She not only wore full length, but calf/mid-calf length dresses at movie premieres and also in her movies (Rear Window and To Catch A Thief come to mind). What would have really made the overall look more Grace-like are white gloves and a more stylish hairdo.

vCash
    I don't know what the assignment was. I assume, from this thread that it was to design something Grace Kelly'ish. If so, the only gown I could see her wearing is Dimitri's and Melissa's. The rest were blech. I agree with duane, the Ven/Fabio dress was absolutely Grace Kelly, in the movies. Just not sure that I would have done black. She tended to wear more pastels, embroidered florals, organzas. But the style, spot on.

vCash
    ^ The challenge was to make a red carpet look for the Emmys. Kenley said she wanted something Grace Kellyish and she basically dictated silhouette, length, fabric, etc. Ven came up with the details and Fabio helped sew.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatesindreams View Post
    I wondered if they had ever seen Mila/her designs before?
    Their concept/execution bore no resemblance to her aesthetic/taste.
    I was amazed that they put Mila in that outfit, fabric disagreements with her aside. Particularly because they kept talking about themselves as menswear designers. Mila seems like the most ideal "client," at least from that bunch of former contestants, for using some menswear concepts in an edgy red carpet outfit.

Quote Originally Posted by shan View Post
    Yeah he was ridiculously overdramatic. I agree that Judy Collins was a mess to work with, but if he couldn't confront her during the challenge, don't bring it all up on the runway. That said, she's kind of cuckoo and I wouldn't want to work with her.
    My opinion of him dropped a lot in this challenge.

Official FSU Alte Kacher
    vCash
    ^^Agree. Didn’t they meet her when she was wearing a tuxedo type jacket? They should have done an edgy take on a tuxedo, that’s more Mila’s style.

Quote Originally Posted by my little pony View Post

christopher needs to be slapped repeatedly. he cried like he was describing genocide.
    He’s this year’s Michael C.
    "Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity”– MLK

vCash
    I gave Christoper a pass because he was dealing with a slow laughing lying liar who lies. He won the first challenge and she couldn't figure out how to use a sewing machine? What exactly does she teach her students? She said in the stew room that she didn't want to be there and then told the judges she hadn't said it. And I would have had her monstrosity last week in the B3. It was candy dot disaster pouf.

I liked Raoul's candy outfit last week and was sad he went home. He was pretty cranky in his exit interview. Blamed Mila for the loss. But, I would have had Snape and Alicia in the top 2. No clue how Hello Kooan (TM Bert) and Gunner got there.

According to Laura Bennett's blog on lifetime, Kenley was a total bitch the whole time and Irina suggested the chiffon scarf to cover up the fit issues. Mila was really annoyed with her people too.

Page 5 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast