Page 16 of 33 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
    Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    I'd have sent Elena home. Alicia's dress was bad, but at least it didn't add 40 lbs to the model. And I could see that she was trying do a sports-type update of Chanel ca. 1925. Elena didn't really know what she was going for and it showed.
    I really do not understand how Elena's wasn't only not eliminated, but in the top scores. It wasn't well-made, it wasn't attractive, it wasn't marketable, and she didn't believe in it herself. Gunnar's at least was boring but a pretty little dress that fit his model.

vCash
    ^ The producers are keeping Elena in for a. the DRAMA she delivers and b. the fug she sends down the runway every week. Alicia will probably get auf'ed next week. "We didn't see you in that design" or something like that.
    My job requires me to be a juggler, but that does not mean that I enjoy working with clowns.

vCash
    Korto's dress in the L&T line: http://www.lordandtaylor.com/eng/CMS...apsule&tag=dis

Dmitry's dress in the challenge: http://www.mylifetime.com/shows/proj...episode-7#id=3

Same fabric, same shape. I'm not sure Dmitry was robbed so much as L&T probably said, "nope, we already have that".

vCash
    I liked Ven's design, including the pleated treatment of his "trademark" rose.
    I believe that he was held out of the top group as an acknowledgement of his attitude toward last week's client - which was dreadful.

I don't have to like him as a person to appreciate his skill.

His clothes are always well-made.
    He is one of the only designers to understand the difference/balance between production and couture - and how to accommodate that.

vCash
    I think Ven didn't make the top 3 partly for his behaviour last episode but mostly because he once again did his fabrigami detail which only works if you're built like a model. Can you imagine a woman with a large chest trying to wear that dress? He's not interested in dressing L&T customers. Only models are worthy of wearing his art.
    My job requires me to be a juggler, but that does not mean that I enjoy working with clowns.

vCash
    Only models are worthy of wearing his art.
    The same could be said of most things seen on couture runways.

vCash
    True, but many designers also create RTW versions of what they send down the runways. Couture gets the attention, but RTW pays the bills.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    i like uli's best for me, i wonder if they have them in stores, i dont like buying things i havent tried on
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    True; Nomad.
    Without the couture "buzz", though, there would be little interest in RTW - sadly!

I'm afraid that Ven's feelings about "real"-sized women are probably more commonly held among designers than we think.
    Ven was more obvious and obnoxious than others.

Who said that they "couldn't design for anyone with boobs"?

vCash
    Olivier Green from Season 9. And yes, designers' attitudes towards "real"-sized women aren't limited to the big names who show at Fashion Week. For seven years I worked for a clothing manufacturer whose bread and butter was casual RTW (mainly T-shirts and jeans) and a lot of those designers had the same attitude. They designed and cut for their favorite fit models and "real" people just didn't come into the equation. And this was just as true re the menswear designers.

4 More Years
    vCash
    T Lo posted on their Facebook page that season 3 Laura Bennett's husband has died of cancer. http://www.nytimes.com/2012/09/02/ar...t-67.html?_r=2

rip

vCash
    {{{{Laura}}}} I was wondering why she suddenly quit blogging for PR, but having been there myself...I feel for her.

vCash
    My sympathy and thoughts are with you, ((((((Laura)))).

vCash
    So tragic. And their children are quite young.

vCash
    Poor Laura.

vCash
    I like Seth Aaron's dress!

vCash
    So sad about Laura! I just came from the Lifetime site and was wondering why her blog hasn't been updated in a couple of weeks. So many young children

Just read that her husband was 67!

Beach Bum
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PDilemma View Post
    Korto's dress in the L&T line: http://www.lordandtaylor.com/eng/CMS...apsule&tag=dis

Dmitry's dress in the challenge: http://www.mylifetime.com/shows/proj...episode-7#id=3

Same fabric, same shape. I'm not sure Dmitry was robbed so much as L&T probably said, "nope, we already have that".
    Good point. We didn't really get to see all the dresses. He did.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    Oh no Laura! She's one of my favorites (designer and blogger.)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by danceronice View Post
    Oh no Laura! She's one of my favorites (designer and blogger.)
    For me as well.

She's one of the few contestants they ever had who understood what couture was; and had the skills to achieve it.
    Her commentary is insightful, also.

Page 16 of 33 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast