Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2230313233 LastLast
    vCash
    When they said "there's one more person to congratulate you", I was hoping it would be one of Dimitri's relatives, but it was Tim!

I was surprised the judges said nothing about the awful makeup of Dimitri's models! I had to blank out how badly the faces looked to enjoy the collection.

vCash
    Tim complemented all the final collections.
    I had the impression, from the time of the "home visit", that Dmitry's was his favorite.
    He seemed particularly impressed by how the clothes "showed" at Lincoln Center.

As someone said: "Dmitry is ready now".

I was impressed by Jennifer Hudson's critiques, as well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatesindreams View Post

I was impressed by Jennifer Hudson's critiques, as well.
    I was by Jennifer's outfit...1970's pantsuit??

vCash
    There was a big difference between what Jennifer wore and Heidi's attire...wasn't there?

aspiring tri-national
    vCash
    Heidi looked ridiculous. I know she's in post-divorce whoopee mode which has a strange effect on women's style, but that much skin is just odd under the circumstances.
    "Youth and vigor is no match for age and deceit." -- Prancer

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    I wonder if they tried but couldn't get visas for Dmitry's family? I remember reading that Elena Berezhnaya's mother couldn't get an entrance visa to see her daughter skate in the US because she was considered a risk for visa-jumping. Maybe they just couldn't get all the paperwork through, at least in time.

vCash
    So happy to see Dmitry's strong and surprise filled collection, and a much deserved win. He did good work all along, but the collection was a leap forward.

Fabio's was beautiful, too, and much prettier and lighter than the photos indicated.

Beach Bum
    vCash
    Yay!
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

vCash
    Some thoughts on the finale:

Christopher and Melissa both made the same mistake of having a collection of a wide variety of separates and dresses without a strong cohesive theme. Usually demonstrating your skill at making various types of clothing (pants, dresses, shorts, tops, etc) is good, but not when it doesn't look like a unified collection. Chris had the "hard" leather pieces, the flowing Xray print, the soft worked fabric, and no overall theme aside from "frantic". Melissa....making almost your entire collection black and white does not make it cohesive. You need to have a strong theme to pull all of it together. Think "military" or "elizabethan" or "goddess" or something that you can flavor each piece with even slightly. And the themes she mentioned.....something about death into life, and then during the judging panel she mentioned something about the intersection of the absurd and sublime or some such emo crap (I swear I saw Nina rolling her eyes at this)....aren't strong enough to pull your collection together.

I rolled my eyes a bit at Fabio's "cosmic tribalism" theme, but you know what....it worked. I got it. The collection was cohesive, and I got where he was going, despite not really being into the style. I wouldn't have minded Fabio winning. Being able to make the viewer "get" the vibe and see it as interesting even when it is very different and not their cup of tea....takes skill and creativity. He was very wise in taking the advice to make it look more luxurious.

Dmitry's architecture theme wasn't quite as clear, but his collection was still cohesive and his clothing was impeccably made. I would be far more likely to wear Dmitry's stuff (that silver dress....WANT), it is far more commercial than Fabio's collection, so the choice this year was between the designer who is ready to put out wearable, sellable clothes and the designer who is stretching the boundaries, may have a more limited clientele, and may need time to learn how to make his clothes sellable.

I wish they'd given the designers more than 5 weeks to work on this.

Jennifer Hudson was useless as a guest judge. Too many of her comments seemed to boil down to "you are awesome".

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by susan6 View Post
    so the choice this year was between the designer who is ready to put out wearable, sellable clothes and the designer who is stretching the boundaries, may have a more limited clientele, and may need time to learn how to make his clothes sellable.
    This. With L&T coming on board, the wearable/sellable won. Had this been a Bluefly year, it might have been Fabio.
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

podcast mistress
    Ready to interview Uncle Dickie at any time.
    vCash
    I was happy with either winning. And there was a lot in both Melissa and Christopher's collections I would have worn (Melissa's red dress was awesome!). But I'm happy Dmitry won.

Also thought Hudson was useless as a judge. I wonder how much her PR agent had to do to get her that gig.

And what's with Debra Messing getting all the air time . . . is she that into fashion? I've seen her on PR a bunch, but it's not like she's all over my magazine rack in the best dressed column.
    In my spare time, I like to interview figure skating legends.

vCash
    Awaiting Dmitry's line at Lord and Taylor, with anticipation.

Celebrating Jeremy Abbott's FS at 2014 Worlds...
    vCash
    I only followed PR half-heartedly this season, but when I found out that Dmitri won, I cheered and did a little dance in my room . For once, my favorite from the beginning of the season actually won!!

vCash
    Finally got a chance to see the finale. Thrilled for Snape. It's a good thing he's such an amazing designer because the hair and makeup were horrid.

Christoper was in top whine form for the show. I wound up muting him most of the episode.

Fabio is a total class act. The grey tunic was amazing, love his draping. Hope he does well after this.

Melissa had a nice red (or was that blood orange) dress. There were some boring pieces in her collection though.

Excited for all stars next week.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by manleywoman View Post
    And what's with Debra Messing getting all the air time . . . is she that into fashion? I've seen her on PR a bunch, but it's not like she's all over my magazine rack in the best dressed column.
    She used to be in magazines all of the time, wore some really incredible fashions. This was when she was on Will & Grace and she had a few (meh) movies. But, since she had her baby, she hasn't been such a fashion maven.

aspiring tri-national
    vCash
    Uh, and she looks...old. I'm all in favor of bypassing the plastic surgery but she seems older than her years. Maybe it's redhead's skin or something.

Of the celebrity non-designer judges, I actually thought Hayden Panettiere was pretty good.
    "Youth and vigor is no match for age and deceit." -- Prancer

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skipaway View Post
    I was by Jennifer's outfit...1970's pantsuit??
    It was apparently from Kors Resort collection. Frankly, it looked like something my mom would have worn. And Mr. Kors - the crotch was all wrong on that!

vCash
    I was really happy with the outcome. I did get this ad in my inbox...it looks like he dressed this family.

http://www.hm.com/us/fashion-family-...1&duration=500

vCash
    It was probably one of Jennifer's own colection. She is one QVC selling her clothes.
    I think she has terrible taste. Everytime I see her she has on clothes that are so skintight that they look painted on.
    I know she is proud of losing so much weight, but, this is rediculous.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Latte View Post
    It was probably one of Jennifer's own colection. She is one QVC selling her clothes.
    I think she has terrible taste. Everytime I see her she has on clothes that are so skintight that they look painted on.
    I know she is proud of losing so much weight, but, this is rediculous.
    Not in Jennifer's collection. Also not in Kors' 2013 resort collection.

ETA: One source I can find does say it was by Kors. Others do not list a designer.

Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2230313233 LastLast