Page 31 of 33 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 LastLast

vCash
    I doubt that most of the designers who have judged (even Kors, who thinks he's "Mr. Everything") could produce anything worthy of praise.

Going on diet soon
    vCash
    OK, Fabio or Costello-lite for the win!
    Crows and Eville SQUIRRELS love peanuts!

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    i'm happy to say that melissa, snape and christopher's collections all look better on tv than in the still pics, havent seen fabio's yet
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

Going on diet soon
    vCash
    Well according to http://www.tomandlorenzo.com/ , Fabio's looked the best in person.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    my favorite is snape's, i will wuzrob him a long time when he doesnt win

no offense to tom and lorenzo but there isnt a piece in there that i covet. i will say his collection stands out due to his color choices and lack of black. but it is my least favorite.
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    I can make a case for any of them winning except Christopher. Love Fabio's the best. It was the most unique and looked gorgeous in motion. I just don't know how well it will sale at Lord & Taylor. I need Dmitri's feather duster sparkle dress at the end. I would wear it to Wal-Mart.
    "The practice of sport is a human right. Every individual must have the possibility of practicing sport, without discrimination of any kind and in the Olympic spirit, which requires mutual understanding with a spirit of friendship, solidarity and fair play." –Olympic Charter

vCash
    Sorry, but Fabio shouldn't be thrown a bone so he can do better in the future.

Going on diet soon
    vCash
    Well it sounds like they can't decide between most commercial versus most conceptual. Every year they change their criteria. Dmitry is commercial, Fabio is conceptual.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Matryeshka View Post
    I can make a case for any of them winning except Christopher.
    This was my immediate thought. I give Melissa 3rd for that white dress!! And how badly for the model...walking in fashion week without being able to walk! I'm okay with Fabio or Dmitri, but liked Fabio's collection the best.

Going on diet soon
    vCash
    Dmitry!! Snape wins!

vCash
    Dmitry.

aspiring tri-national
    vCash
    Yes! The judges got it right. And I'll buy his stuff when I can, really.....
    "Youth and vigor is no match for age and deceit." -- Prancer

Going on diet soon
    vCash
    LOL, they spent more time on Fabio losing than Dmitry winning. Can't bring out his family; they're in Belarus.

Going on diet soon
    vCash
    Tim Gunn is tweeting about how Dmitry is a lovely person and how his (Dmitry) story is the American dream "from nothing to something extraordinary".

Reality TV's Bytch
    vCash
    I have it DVR'd but Dimitry. I can't wait to watch.

vCash
    I'm happy Dimitry won. It took the judges awhile before they fully recognized him over the course of the season, so it's wonderful to see him win in the end. However, I didn't love, love any of the collections. I thought Dimitry's looks were all well-constructed and he did work on making the clothes look youthful. Seeing the looks walking the runway was better than just seeing the spoiler photos. He put on a good runway show. It was nice to see the yellow dress and the white architectural dress break up the darker pieces. It was a cohesive collection too. I agree with the critique that the final gown edged too much toward costumey. Yet overall, everything worked, despite the fact I don't like the heavy brow styling on Dimitry's models (altho' again it didn't look as bad on television). It would have been so interesting to see the show live.

I thought Fabio's collection was pretty and he made it look so much better than last week with the layering and the other touches. The styling of his models was much better too (maybe they do receive styling help behind-the-scenes). Fabio seemed broken up in the post-show interview about not winning it all. But coming in second, he's in great company with past second-place winners. I could wear some of his pieces, and I could wear most of Melissa's too, except for the white dress (which she didn't have time to rework). I did like Chris' print and many of his outfits, and when I first saw the spoiler runway pics, I thought Chris could win (that it would be between Chris and Dimitry) but I have to agree with the judges that Chris had a lot of trouble figuring out his direction and how to make his collection work thematically.

Since the designs look different in motion, I really wish it was possible to see some of the runway shows of the other 4 contestants, especially Ven's and Elena's.

Congrats to Dimitry!

vCash
    Way to go Dmitry!! I've been rooting for him from the start....

Quote Originally Posted by susan6 View Post
    I'm liking the two former soviet union contestants, who I will refer to as Lady Gaga's dressmaker and Professor Snape.
    Too bad that none of his family could be there in person.

vCash
    ^^ Yes, I was hoping there would be a surprise where the show helped bring a relative of Dimitry's over to see him on the stage at Fashion Week. I believe they did do that for a former finalist (altho' the relative lived in the United States, not Belarus). It would have just been nice even if Dimitry didn't win (i.e., the producers could still have done it just to surprise him, obviously not knowing he was going to win in the end).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jem X View Post
    Tim Gunn is tweeting about how Dmitry is a lovely person and how his (Dmitry) story is the American dream "from nothing to something extraordinary".
    Bless him for that!

I'm so happy for Dmitry
    His collection was wonderful.
    I want to buy something also.

I hope he's been able to see his family.
    They must be so proud,

vCash
    I thought the right person won. Dimitri's collection was the best. I didn't think I would like Fabio's, but on the runway, it moved beautifully. I also really liked Melissa's. I agree with the judges about Chris. He is very talented and makes beautiful pieces. But, he doesn't know who he is yet. He got in his own way by not focusing on what he does best and over creating. Saw that Elena won the fan favorite prize of $10,000.

Page 31 of 33 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 LastLast