Page 11 of 33 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    Ven made me sick. That is all.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

Beach Bum
    vCash
    Way to go from the top to the bottom. Idiot.

And whiny Gunner is actually very sweet and savvy about the bread and butter of the industry.
    Last edited by Rob; 08-24-2012 at 05:35 AM.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    And whiny Gunner is actually very sweet and savvy about the bread and butter of the industry.
    I think more savvy than sweet.

I thought all of the dresses were meh.

The only really outstanding transformation was Fabio's models's hair. Awesome haircut! But, as MLP already said, someone teach her to walk! The dress was interesting, but not great, and the belt was horrible.

Ven was an ass to the highest degree, but they won't cut him soon. He's too talented. But, what was with the batwing sleeves? Hideous! You could tell that he didn't even try.

Beach Bum
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cruisin View Post
    The only really outstanding transformation was Fabio's models's hair. Awesome haircut! But, as MLP already said, someone teach her to walk! The dress was interesting, but not great, and the belt was horrible.
    I never like a waist high belt with a drop waist dress unless it is has a bodice, then a middle cut with little loops where a loose belt fits, then the skirt dropping out of the middle cut. I am no teknik so do you know what I mean? This dress didn't look like it was meant to have a belt.

Do mens wear designers have the same snobbery toward the male model body? Somehow I doubt it, but if they do, who would want to fit Ven? Pot.Kettle.Black.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

vCash
    I have to say that I totally loved Heidi's first response to his use of the phrase "real woman"--"Who is not real?" Because I have long wondered why we use that word. I have often been shoved into the weird "not real" category (which some people I know consider anyone who wears a single digit size) and wondered what exactly about me is not real.

vCash
    ^^ I agree, the dress didn't look like it was meant to have a belt. The belt looked like an afterthought. It was brown on a black and grey tone dress. It was a casual, woven belt on a dress that was more tailored. Possibly a wide black belt could have worked. But, the model was not curvy, and I think a belt just cuts her at the wrong place. The dress was also too long and voluminous, and was wearing her, rather that her wearing the dress.
    Last edited by cruisin; 08-24-2012 at 03:52 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PDilemma View Post
    I have to say that I totally loved Heidi's first response to his use of the phrase "real woman"--"Who is not real?" Because I have long wondered why we use that word. I have often been shoved into the weird "not real" category (which some people I know consider anyone who wears a single digit size) and wondered what exactly about me is not real.
    If you're not real, I guess I am not either. Unfortunately, weight is still PC to criticize. People who are bigger than the "norm" (whatever that is), and people who are thinner than the "norm" are fair game.

vCash
    ^^ I agree, the dress didn't look like it was meant to have a belt. The belt looked like an afterthought. It was brown on a black and grey tone dress. It was a casual, woven belt on a dress that was more tailored. Possibly a wide blah belt could have worked. But, the model was not curvy, and I think a belt just cuts her at the wrong place. The dress was also too long and voluminous, and was wearing her, rather that her wearing the dress.
    Kors did say the belt was unnecessary. I think if that dress had been just to or just above the knee, it would have been much better.

vCash
    I actually liked Ven's skirt.
    A simple top would have really set it off.

I didn't like his attitude toward his client.
    Worse, he kept reminding her, and everyone else, that he thought she was fat.

I had the feeling that the friend had talked her into participating.
    She seemed diffident and unenthusiastic from the start - unlike most of the other women.

An experience like that - and Ven's behavior, isn't going to make her feel better about her self-image, which should be one of the purposes of fashion; and the mission of a good designer.

I wonder how Tim felt?

vCash
    I'm a size 16. Ven can kiss my NOT fat arse. I wonder if they had back up contestants in case his had walked out? I would have walked on him. Her fist of doom on the runway was hysterical. She looked like she was ready to clock him.

On the bright side, his whining on the runway finally showed the judges that he's really a 'one way monkey' (tm Snape) with a total diva tude. I think they only kept him so he can be a factory grunt for next week's challenge (which I'm guessing is 'design for Heidi's NB line').

Gunnar impressed me. But, he said at the beginning of the season that his clientel is the 'older Southern woman'. Unlike our recent graduate (Ven), Gunnar has practical real world experience and realizes that that type of comment will get someone a bad rap.

Good to see old 'raised by wolves' Elena finally smiling.

vCash
    I thought Gunnar was a hoot!! I so loved the interaction between his client and him.

And as PD said, wtf with that dumb stunt at the end?? Why would they even suggest that maybe two would be eliminated?? All it did was made me even more pissed that pillsbury doughboy wasn't sent home.

Speaking of which, I didn't think Nathan deserved to be eliminated. Of the bottom 3, I liked his the best.

vCash
    [QUOTE=Matryeshka;3666488]Ven's dressed plus-sized before, as he got dressed this morning. And, yo Ven, I'd bet anything she's smaller than you. Yes, the clothes were bad and the hair was horrible, but she was very much a normal woman. QUOTE]

LMAO exactly what I was thinking. What an ass. I have known men his size who say they'd never date someone fat. Hippocrite.

vCash
    ^^ I agree, the dress didn't look like it was meant to have a belt. The belt looked like an afterthought. It was brown on a black and grey tone dress. It was a casual, woven belt on a dress that was more tailored. Possibly a wide black belt could have worked. But, the model was not curvy, and I think a belt just cuts her at the wrong place.
    I thought the belt was a misguided attempt to add that old favorite "the pop of color."

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by duane View Post
    I thought Gunnar was a hoot!! I so loved the interaction between his client and him.

And as PD said, wtf with that dumb stunt at the end?? Why would they even suggest that maybe two would be eliminated?? All it did was made me even more pissed that pillsbury doughboy wasn't sent home.

Speaking of which, I didn't think Nathan deserved to be eliminated. Of the bottom 3, I liked his the best.
    In retrospect, it was clear that the entire episode was edited to create drama with Ven. We should have known he wouldn't be eliminated with all the focus. Ven has an excellent eye for fabric and drape and could have done a much better job with this challenge. He was annoyed from the very start and I wonder if he was sort of maneuvered by the producers to produce the drama. His "story" was pretty much it on this episode. This show, like most so-called reality TV, is highly manipulated and scripted. It really is difficult to know what is "real" and what is a script. I doubt he's going home anytime soon.
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

vCash
    ^^^
    I'm sure you're on to something.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatesindreams View Post
    I wonder how Tim felt?
    Tim on Facebook:

By the way, a Size 14 is just on the cusp of plus size. And a motivated designer can make a Size 28 look fabulous. Think of the opera divas!

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    Tim even SAID the line about being 'on the cusp' IN the episode, TO Ven. Dude, when every other designer, even the normally bitchy ones, are staring at you like you just set fire to a puppy, consider that maybe it's not your model. Maybe it's YOU. I'm sure the producers gave us the worst possible edit for drama, but I don't think they paid off his 'model' to be that miserable.

Though given a LOT of the designers' initial reaction when Heidi brought out the "nominators" was much the same "OMG NORMAL PEOPLE", some might just have been better at hiding their Olivier-esque revulsion of BOOBS!

And the least-offensive of the bottom 3 went home, which was annoying. Ven made clothes that were ugly and cheap, forget flattering the model he clearly couldn't stand, and Sanjia (or however she spells that) took a short, short-waisted girl and turned her into the torso-less wonder. Seriously, there was NOTHING right about that dress for that girl except, maybe, possibly, the color.

vCash
    Much as I think Ven was an ass, I still think the right person went home. That dress with the mesh would make an Ice Dancer cringe.

vCash
    It's not a competition for "America's Favorite Designer".
    Ven wouldn't win that, certainly; but, he has great skills and a design POV.

The Marie Claire/working wardrobe challenge showed that he's more than a "one note" designer.
    That said, another "misstep" will send him home, IMO,

vCash
    one-way monkey!

Page 11 of 33 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast