Page 9 of 33 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    snarking for AZE
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGirlCanSkate View Post

I did not understand the compliments on Fabio's dress. It wasn't attractive. At all. I can see is as a something a front desk clerk at a hotel's uniform - it would look okay at 200lbs and at 90lbs.
    even if the judges likes the style (which i dont believe ), it was lumpy and bumpy and poorly sewn
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    Couture rarely went up to a 12 20 years ago - but 14 is standard now.

I'm surprised at Neiman - usually they have a plus section and at the very least a personal shopper to order things online and have them for her to try on in a couple of days. Scary customer service!

Beach Bum
    vCash
    I didn't like Fabio's either - it rippled on the sides. Don't think the fit was great at all.

Melissa's was interesting, Dmitri's dress was good without the cut outs, Sanji's skirts were nice. Not necessarily office wear. Too tight will draw the fashion police.

Yuk on Alicia's crotch pants. And Raoul's shirts.

Elena's normal jacket was beautiful. The big shoulders - meh.

Chris's skirt looked like it was fraying a ton - no-one mentioned that.

Ven's was nice. Liked the top better than the white skirt.

I didn't mind Nathan's pants, but the top - no off the shoulder in the office. Sleeveless is ok if you have the arms for it and a jacket to throw over for meetings, but you'd get too cold with the airconditioning in most offices. And not low cut.

Gunner's top was unflattering.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGirlCanSkate View Post
    Couture rarely went up to a 12 20 years ago - but 14 is standard now.

I'm surprised at Neiman - usually they have a plus section and at the very least a personal shopper to order things online and have them for her to try on in a couple of days. Scary customer service!
    No plus department in Neiman Marcus or Saks, in Short Hills. Neither ever had one there. The plus sized department at Bloomingdales has gotten smaller, and they have dropped most of the higher end designers. The manager said that they just did not well well. The higher end designers are still available on line, but not in the stores. Macy's has the largest department, but most of it is matronly. Some of the smaller stores, like Ann Taylor and Chico's have better plus departments.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Chris's skirt looked like it was fraying a ton - no-one mentioned that.
    I think that was deliberate. It gave the skirt texture.

vCash
    I kept scratching my head last night trying to figure out what planet the judges and designers were on. Work wear IS boring 99.44% of the time. It's clothing that has to be basic enough to wear over and over again. It's clothing that doesn't call attention to itself. Yes, one can look stylish, but it shouldn't be to the point that co-workers are doing double takes.

I keep thinking about a dress code at a former employer "Shoulders must be covered. If the clothing requires special undergarments, it is not suitable for work."
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

aspiring tri-national
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Aceon6 View Post
    I keep thinking about a dress code at a former employer "Shoulders must be covered. If the clothing requires special undergarments, it is not suitable for work."
    Does Spanx count?
    "Youth and vigor is no match for age and deceit." -- Prancer

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PRlady View Post
    Does Spanx count?
    Pre-Spanx policy. I'm sure they've re-written it by now. The impetus was a gal who showed up in a strapless mini tube dress. Yes, she had special underwear on, but there was nothing she could do to prevent the top from creeping down and the bottom from riding up. I guess it would have helped if she had purchased her size rather than two sizes smaller
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

Beach Bum
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cruisin View Post
    I think that was deliberate. It gave the skirt texture.
    Except there were threads bunching up and sticking to the models hands when she walked. Would be incredibly annoying with office furniture.

vCash
    Except there were threads bunching up and sticking to the models hands when she walked. Would be incredibly annoying with office furniture.
    That, I did not notice. I didn't love the skirt, just thought the fraying was a design element. I don't think the skirt was office appropriate, anyway.

vCash
    ^^^
    The design idea was great.
    However, using that fraying silk made it impossible to execute it well.
    If the judges had had a close-up view, they wouldn't have liked it nearly as much.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatesindreams View Post
    ^^^
    The design idea was great.
    However, using that fraying silk made it impossible to execute it well.
    If the judges had had a close-up view, they wouldn't have liked it nearly as much.
    Yes, there are ways to stop fraying beyond the point where you want it to. But, in one day challenges, I doubt he had what he needed for that.

Beach Bum
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cruisin View Post
    Yes, there are ways to stop fraying beyond the point where you want it to. But, in one day challenges, I doubt he had what he needed for that.
    He would need outsourcing for that!

vCash
    He would need outsourcing for that!

vCash
    I liked how Comrade Snape called Ven a "one-way monkey". I wish Frokemon hadn't quit - Raul wasn't worth bringing back.
    My job requires me to be a juggler, but that does not mean that I enjoy working with clowns.

vCash
    Raul and Elena must have been to work with. I don't think I remember a departing designer leave while saying "I hate you" to another. It was kind of strange....

I love PR, but I hate it when I feel like I'm on a different planet than the judges. I was all when they raved about Fabio's dress. That and the print the team used were awful IMO. I found team 5 ultra boring.

I noticed that we got to hear more from invisible Nathan. I wonder if that means he'll be going soon. I need to go back and look at his designs from previous weeks. I can't remember them, heck I can't even remember what he made this week.

vCash
    I'm pretty sure that Nathan is runway chaff. Ditto Alicia and Fabio. And probably Comrade Snape as well, although I think he's better than he's being given credit for. His only missteps this week were the industrial zipper and the back cut-outs in an otherwise good design. It was far more work-appropriate than Melissa's dress.
    My job requires me to be a juggler, but that does not mean that I enjoy working with clowns.

vCash
    That's what I didn't like about Melissa's dress.
    Nothing "work-appropriate" about it!

vCash
    ^ Not at all. And I used to work for a clothing manufacturer with a *very* loose dress code. Melissa's dress would have raised eyebrows even among the fashionistas and wannabe trendsetters had someone shown up at the office wearing it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    I'm pretty sure that Nathan is runway chaff. Ditto Alicia and Fabio. And probably Comrade Snape as well, although I think he's better than he's being given credit for. His only missteps this week were the industrial zipper and the back cut-outs in an otherwise good design. It was far more work-appropriate than Melissa's dress.

I love Comrade Snapes!! I hope he can go far. His comment about Ven being a "one-way monkey" was

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    We are five-minutes in and the designers are already making snide remarks to HEIDI in front of their "normal-people" clients (or rather the people who are playing Clinton and Stacy to their clients.) I swear, Heidi went into don't-make-me-come-down-there Mom Mode for minute. Oh, this is gonna be a train wreck of a normal-person challenge.

Page 9 of 33 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast