Page 8 of 33 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

vCash
    Kors has lost it, or he knows Fabio will never be competition for him.

What fifty year old would wear that off the shoulder thing, and in what office would you wear that?
    "The practice of sport is a human right. Every individual must have the possibility of practicing sport, without discrimination of any kind and in the Olympic spirit, which requires mutual understanding with a spirit of friendship, solidarity and fair play." –Olympic Charter

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    is marry claire at work a whole second (and unspectacular sounding) magazine?
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    i dont believe there was a tie, they seem to like the one team better
    i think it is so they can fire whoever they want
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    All I can say after that challenge is wow. And wow again. Gunnar and Elena both should be glad that Raul was available for another elimination. And by the previews, it looks like we'll get to confirm that Ven is a first-class ass.
    The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are--Joseph Campbell

vCash
    Marry Claire will never go to work. Well, maybe on a street corner.

Elena is such a freaking ball of sunshine. I hope they hid her sewing scissors.

I'd have auffed the whole bottom 3 for fug and attitude. When the Loreal guy tells you to knock it off, you know you've crossed a line.

As for the previews, Ven needs to realize that the standard woman is not a size 'skeleton'. And I hope his real life model tosses his entitled a** under the fashion bus.

vCash
    Oh my god.

I died when Daniel said, "I think Ven is one-way monkey ... oh no ... he is one-trick pony."

I seriously snorted the peach I was eating through my nose.

vCash
    I think Dimitry said, "I think Ven is one-way monkey ... oh no ... he is one-trick pony."

And I think it's Marie Claire...

vCash
    I liked Elena's jacket. The big sleeves are totally fun with those pants. The bottom two should have left.

Ha ha about next week's show.

vCash
    Sorry, I meant Dmitry, not Daniel.

Perhaps a piece of peach got lodged in my brain lol.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGirlCanSkate View Post

And I think it's Marie Claire...
    it is, we like to make fun here

aspiring tri-national
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGirlCanSkate View Post
    I liked Elena's jacket. The big sleeves are totally fun with those pants. The bottom two should have left.

Ha ha about next week's show.
    I liked the jacket too.

Sort of Star Wars and I'm not saying I'd wear it, too theatrical. But I liked it. The fact that she's a first-class bitch is besides the point.

I've been working in offices my whole life. The pants that went with that jacket were wearable, and so was Ven's outfit and Sanji's blue skirt. The colorblocked blue-and black dress was fine except for the cutouts in the back. Other than that....not really.
    "Youth and vigor is no match for age and deceit." -- Prancer

vCash
    Not much of what went down the runway was office appropriate. I got away with more "out there" clothing, because I worked in advertising, but in general, it was just off.

I did like Melissa's dress, but as soon as I saw it I thought gee: http://www.neimanmarcus.com/p/Armani...&cmCat=product I do not think it was an office dress. More of a cocktail dress.

I was not impressed with the crotch fit on Alicia's pants.

I find Elena's aesthetic to be interesting, but she goes a little too "Dynasty" 80's on some of her shoulders. She needs to reign it in a bit.

Loved Dmitri's dress, I would wear it. But, not to work. As much as the cut out is subtle, it is not work appropriate (not even in advertising ). No skin at the office.

Sonjia's skirts were very nice, but nothing exciting.

I thought Christopher did a really great job working with fabrics that were meh. I didn't love the sheer print. But, the cutting and matching he did on that skirt was amazing.

Fabio's dress - ???? What is MK thinking? It looks like a sack. I'm 59 and it's too matronly (except for the length). And the fit is weird. It bunches up around the waist. Can't figure out how an oversized shape can do that.

Gunnar's was a train wreck. But, clearly he was unhappy with the fabric choices. I was really surprised that he let the rest of the group run over him like that. He is usually more outspoken. And I give him credit for not making excuses.

Nathan's outfit would be great for a cruise, but not an office. Again, no skin at the office - no one shoulder, no strapless, no tank tops without a jacket or sweater over them.

First time I really didn't like Ven's. It was well made, except for the jacket hem. But, boring. He may just be a one-way monkey. I hope not, because he is so skilled.

Raoul, hiddeous! I've seen blouses with pleated ruffles down the front that work, his did not. It was off center, didn't hit at the right place on the neckline. He went on and on about his Aesthetic, but couldn't even pull that off. And he's a jerk.

As much as Elena is rude, she's got talent. But she really needs to tone down the bossiness. It is not attractive.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PRlady View Post
    I've been working in offices my whole life. The pants that went with that jacket were wearable, and so was Ven's outfit and Sanji's blue skirt. The colorblocked blue-and black dress was fine except for the cutouts in the back. Other than that....not really.
    but heidi swears the cut outs are ok! she once visited an office for a photo shoot

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by my little pony View Post
    but heidi swears the cut outs are ok! she once visited an office for a photo shoot

Sexy Superhero
    vCash
    The colorblocked blue-and black dress was fine except for the cutouts in the back. Other than that....not really.
    My thought was that he should have added a jacket, which could then be taken off when she went to Happy Hour after work.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by my little pony View Post
    i dont believe there was a tie, they seem to like the one team better
    i think it is so they can fire whoever they want
    Definitely. I think Team Six received the higher score, but the judges didn't want to declare them the winner because they wanted to get rid of Raul.

Quote Originally Posted by cruisin View Post
    I did like Melissa's dress...I do not think it was an office dress. More of a cocktail dress.
    Loved the dress, but totally agree. I couldn't think of any office setting in which I could see a woman wearing that dress.

aspiring tri-national
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by duane View Post
    Loved the dress, but totally agree. I couldn't think of any office setting in which I could see a woman wearing that dress.
    I also agree, but you're in Philly and I'm in DC. Maybe in New York or London women in some fashion-forward industries, like advertising, would wear a dress like that to work.

(I write this on a casual Friday in an already casual office. I'm wearing my "airplane" slacks which are one step up from sweatpants and a basic sleeveless top. Some office wear!)
    "Youth and vigor is no match for age and deceit." -- Prancer

vCash
    I did like Melissa's dress, but as soon as I saw it I thought gee: http://www.neimanmarcus.com/p/Armani...&cmCat=product I do not think it was an office dress. More of a cocktail dress.
    Particularly, with the zipper!

Fabio's dress - ???? What is MK thinking? It looks like a sack.
    It was a discount store's idea of "designer dressing".

I liked Ven's dress.
    I'm stunned by his ability to do such sophisticated, finished work in one day.
    Many would wish to be such a "one trick pony".

The promo:

He's not the only PR contestant to have difficulty treating a "plus-sized" client appropriately.
    Helping someone feel better about themselves may not matter on the runway; but, it is important in "real life".
    That's a big part of a designer's job; and something forgotten by most of them.

Whatever happened, (to be seen) I hope he learned from it.

I hope it doesn't "derail" him completely.
    He has a design "vision"; with the ability/skillset to back it up.
    Those are rare on PR,

vCash
    I also agree, but you're in Philly and I'm in DC. Maybe in New York or London women in some fashion-forward industries, like advertising, would wear a dress like that to work.

(I write this on a casual Friday in an already casual office. I'm wearing my "airplane" slacks which are one step up from sweatpants and a basic sleeveless top. Some office wear!)
    Agree that there are a few industries where fashion forward works. As I said above, I got away with major trendy in advertising, in NYC. But, that dress was just too cocktail, even for a fashion forward industry (in my opinion), unless the woman has a dressy event afterward. I suppose, I got the impression that they wanted more of a generic work look. Not, high fashion, specific market. So, in that case, I think they missed the mark. I still liked and would wear the dress, however, just not to work .

Quote Originally Posted by skatesindreams View Post
    The promo:

He's not the only PR contestant to have difficulty treating a "plus-sized" client appropriately.
    Helping someone feel better about themselves may not matter on the runway; but, it is important in "real life".
    That's a big part of a designer's job; and something forgotten by most of them.

Whatever happened, (to be seen) I hope he learned from it.

I hope it doesn't "derail" him completely.
    He has a design "vision"; with the ability/skillset to back it up.
    Those are rare on PR,
    And it's not just the designers. Some designers are finally designing for plus sized women. But, most department stores don't stock much. You have to buy them on line. Which means you can't try garments on for fit. And what the stores do carry, they put in the basement with housewares !

I've gone shopping with a friend who is plus sized and it is really hurtful to have to shop in the basement, right next to the snack area. Like they think a plus sized woman can't be away from food long enough to shop !

I was in Bloomingdales, the other day. A woman came in, very upset. She came over to the register where I was chatting with a sales person who I am very fond of. We asked what was wrong and she told us: She was looking for a cocktail dress. She had gone to Neiman Marcus first. A salesperson went up to her and asked her if she needed help. She explained what she wanted. The sales person asked if she was looking for herself. She said yes. They told her that she should find another store. That Neiman doesn't have dresses for her size, they only go up to a 14. I felt awful for her. Apparently it was said very rudely. It could have been explained kindly. Can you imagine the nerve?

vCash
    Ha ha! I guess I take it too seriously.

I do think Ven does beautiful work and he drapes fabric well. It's just not inspiring or wearable for anyone over a size 8. Even an 8 is pushing it.

I think Melissa is interesting - she continues to design wearable clothing that looks good. She has pushed out of everything black and while it's dramatic, it's not crazy dramatic.

I did not understand the compliments on Fabio's dress. It wasn't attractive. At all. I can see is as a something a front desk clerk at a hotel's uniform - it would look okay at 200lbs and at 90lbs.

Page 8 of 33 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast