Page 6 of 33 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

vCash
    Yeah, Christopher was being a bit of a drama queen, but judging by what we saw, working with Andrea was really frustrating, especially in view of the fact that initially he was hoping to learn something from her. Unfortunately all he learned was that she was a nutcase.
    My job requires me to be a juggler, but that does not mean that I enjoy working with clowns.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dbell1 View Post
    I gave Christoper a pass because he was dealing with a slow laughing lying liar who lies. He won the first challenge and she couldn't figure out how to use a sewing machine? What exactly does she teach her students? She said in the stew room that she didn't want to be there and then told the judges she hadn't said it. And I would have had her monstrosity last week in the B3. It was candy dot disaster pouf.
    Agree with entire post. Mostly, I'm still totally that she wasn't in the B3 in the candy competition.

vCash
    I wonder why Andrea was selected in the first place?
    What did the producers see in her?

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    christopher won the first challenge based on the dress he made at home. his 2nd dress made in the workroom made me question if he made the first dress alone or if he just needs way more time than PR allows. nothing he has done in wk 2 or wk 3, and wk 2 was not a team event, has changed my mind. he overestimates his genius.
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatesindreams View Post
    I wonder why Andrea was selected in the first place?
    What did the producers see in her?
    I can't say what the producers saw in her, but she has photos of some pretty amazing designs posted online. The contrast between those clothes and her output for PR is rather . Presumably the producers imagined there would be more similarity.

vCash
    I suspect that it is extremely difficult to produce quality work within the time constraints imposed by PR.
    Most contestants seem surprised; and at a loss about how to deal with them.

Reality TV's Bytch
    vCash
    They should practice. PR has been on long enough.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tesla View Post
    They should practice. PR has been on long enough.
    Yep. It should not be a surprise to them.

Andrea's construction problems are a mystery. She acted like she didn't even know how to do some things this last week, yet is a design school instructor. How does that work?

Whenever someone has problems with sewing on the show, I have to wonder how much assistance they had making the designs they showed to get on the show.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PDilemma View Post
    Yep. It should not be a surprise to them.

Andrea's construction problems are a mystery. She acted like she didn't even know how to do some things this last week, yet is a design school instructor. How does that work?

Whenever someone has problems with sewing on the show, I have to wonder how much assistance they had making the designs they showed to get on the show.
    Maybe Andrea teaches courses that don't involve actual sewing?
    My job requires me to be a juggler, but that does not mean that I enjoy working with clowns.

vCash
    I can't help but think of Andrea as being "The Crazy Cat Lady".

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGirlCanSkate View Post
    I can't help but think of Andrea as being "The Crazy Cat Lady".
    I think "Bjork rejects".

Watch out, Thai journalist ladies......

Just looked at the "Before the Runway" portfolio photos. There resides some fugly hipster crap.

Buffi the Good Taste Slayer and Dumpster Diver in particular.

vCash
    Well, the designers basically burned Judy Collins in effigy.....

....and rightfully so, IMHO. What a dipsh!t.

Oh jeez, now LIGay has a guilt complex.

Pokemon wants to return to the mother-ship? Oy vey.....

vCash
    I suspect that it is extremely difficult to produce quality work within the time constraints imposed by PR.
    Most contestants seem surprised; and at a loss about how to deal with them.
    Tim Gunn was on the Daily Show the other night. Jon asked him why they seemed so surprised when they run out of time. Tim said a few of them thought they actually had a week and thought it was TV editing that pared them down to one day.

vCash
    I wonder why they don't give them more time. I realize that they can't take a week. That the filming and editing, etc. need to be done. But I think they would get far more interesting and better finished outfits with two days. Am I remembering correctly, didn't they get two days when the show first started?

I understand Christopher feeling guilty, he feel like he threw her under the bus (which he did). But, she deserved it.

I thought all three top three looks were fantastic, this week. I also loved Ven's. What I liked most about Ven's was that you would have expected that dress to be black, navy, red. but, doing it in a camel color was so unexpected and it worked! I just think they felt they couldn't let him win/be top 3 3 weeks in a row.

I think they should have knocked Buffy and Raul off. They were both hideous.

I liked Gunnar's out fit as individual pieces, but I don't think they worked together. I especially didn't like the brown tones in the skirt with the burgundy top. And the top and skirt were two different statements.
    Last edited by cruisin; 08-10-2012 at 02:17 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cruisin View Post
    I wonder why they don't give them more time. I realize that they can't take a week. That the filming and editing, etc. need to be done. But I think they would get far more interesting and better finished outfits with two days. Am I remembering correctly, didn't they get two days when the show first started?

I understand Christopher feeling guilty, he feel like he threw her under the bus (which he did). But, she deserved it.

I thought all three top three looks were fantastic, this week. I also loved Ven's. What I liked most about Ven's was that you would have expected that dress to be black, navy, red. but, doing it in a camel color was so unexpected and it worked! I just think they felt they couldn't let him win/be top 3 3 weeks in a row.

I think they should have knocked Buffy and Raul off. They were both hideous.

I liked Gunnar's out fit as individual pieces, but I don't think they worked together. I especially didn't like the brown tones in the skirt with the burgundy top. And the top and skirt were two different statements.
    You spoke for me.
    I believe you're right about the two day timeframe for challenges at the beginning of PR.

Ven's skill level must be amazing, given the complexity of his designs/construction required.

vCash
    You spoke for me.
    I believe you're right about the two day timeframe for challenges at the beginning of PR.

Ven's skill level must be amazing, given the complexity of his designs/construction required.
    I know! The zipper set was amazing, all by itself. Anyone who has put in a metal zipper knows how hard it its to just put one in, straight up the back. But, to achieve that beautiful curve, with no puckering or bowing - amazing is the word!

vCash
    Ven doesn't complain about what he's asked to do, either.
    He just fits what is required to his aesthetic - beautifully.

I'm not surprised at Kooan's exit.
    Japan seems more accepting of avant-garde/weird design then PR is.
    I hope that he finds what he is searching for; but, I don't see the "talent" that he believes he has.

vCash
    Laura Bennet's blog on this episode gives some really good information on what the designers' go through. Especially those that get eliminated.

http://www.mylifetime.com/shows/proj...a-bennett-blog

Her theory as to why Andrea left how & when she did is something I would not have considered. I can certainly see the producers being more concerned about the results being spoiled than Andrea's well-being. I did not know that kicked off designers have to be sequestered until the final is over. I don't watch reality tv, so maybe this is typical of all these shows?

It's interesting reading the different blogs by former contestants. They usually do not agree on the winner or the top & bottom designs. What they all tend to agree with, though, is the fact that more talented designers did not make the show while ones like Andrea, Buffi, Kooan, and Raul did. Pisses me off.

vCash
    Didn't at all agree with the elimination. When someone who had already been voted off is allowed to return, and then immediately ends up in the B3...the heave ho!

vCash
    I thought that both Raul and Buffi should have gone.
    Neither have the skills required to make their designs/aesthetic effective.

Buffi, if you are going to present yourself as "Betsey Johnson II", you have a long way to go!

Page 6 of 33 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast