Page 4 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 647
  1. #61
    Beach Bum
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Maryland burbs and shore
    Posts
    13,091
    vCash
    583
    Rep Power
    9792
    Forgot this was on last night. Oh well, it repeats a lot.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

  2. #62
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Partying in the teachers' lounge
    Posts
    2,489
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Maybe I am not paying enough attention, but I haven't understood Gunnar's dislike of Christpher at all. Christopher seems like a normal, decent guy. I am already fast forwarding through everything Gunnar is saying to the camera. Can't stand him. My favs so far are Ven (I do not find him arrogant at all), Demetri (who looked stunned whenn they announced he was in the "safe" group - I think he was expecting to be one of the top 3), and Sonjia. I like them as people, as well as designers. They are clearly in a class by themselves.

    One of the blogs on the Lifetime site ends this episode recap with this:

    "And then there were 14. I know I harped on this in my last blog, but you do not want to miss Episode 3 — there is a cliffhanger that will leave you speechless!"

    Very interesting...

  3. #63
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    461
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Yes, I like Christopher as well. Gunner is a bit of an ass. Gunner said that there wasn't room for both of them in the first episode.

    The apron dress made me laugh. It was so ugly.

  4. #64

    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    13,439
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    40174
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucy25 View Post
    Maybe I am not paying enough attention, but I haven't understood Gunnar's dislike of Christpher at all. Christopher seems like a normal, decent guy. I am already fast forwarding through everything Gunnar is saying to the camera. Can't stand him. My favs so far are Ven (I do not find him arrogant at all), Demetri (who looked stunned whenn they announced he was in the "safe" group - I think he was expecting to be one of the top 3), and Sonjia. I like them as people, as well as designers. They are clearly in a class by themselves.

    One of the blogs on the Lifetime site ends this episode recap with this:

    "And then there were 14. I know I harped on this in my last blog, but you do not want to miss Episode 3 — there is a cliffhanger that will leave you speechless!"

    Very interesting...
    ITA.
    I can't stand Gunnar; he plays into every stereotype - not in a good way.

    I guess we'll be sure to watch next week!

  5. #65
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    17,146
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by skatesindreams View Post
    Oh, YAY! I went to the web page and looked at the dresses. Ven's was on a whole other level than the rest. I was hoping his won. That dress is gorgeous, regardless of what it's made of. Stunning!

  6. #66

    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Singleville aka 7th Circle of Hell
    Age
    34
    Posts
    12,381
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    9520
    Snape's dress was fabulous, but I guess it wasn't fun enough or obviously candy enough. I don't have a problem with him not winning, but I do have a problem with Gunner being in the top three instead of him.

    I also have a problem with Andrea not being in the bottom three.

    This was an interesting challenge. Loathed the bottom three and Andrea's, but I really, really liked everyone else's.
    "The practice of sport is a human right. Every individual must have the possibility of practicing sport, without discrimination of any kind and in the Olympic spirit, which requires mutual understanding with a spirit of friendship, solidarity and fair play." –Olympic Charter

  7. #67

    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    13,439
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    40174
    They do some version of this every season.

  8. #68
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Plotting
    Age
    49
    Posts
    10,330
    vCash
    510
    Rep Power
    0
    I wonder if Dimitri got dinged by the judges for his t-shirt top? Not exactly a creative use of candy to cut up a shirt into an Anya style tee.

  9. #69
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    713
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Matryeshka View Post
    Snape's dress was fabulous, but I guess it wasn't fun enough or obviously candy enough. I don't have a problem with him not winning, but I do have a problem with Gunner being in the top three instead of him.

    I also have a problem with Andrea not being in the bottom three.

    This was an interesting challenge. Loathed the bottom three and Andrea's, but I really, really liked everyone else's.
    My favorite was Christophers, but since he already had immunity from winning last week, they didn't even put him in the top three (over Gunner)?

  10. #70
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    17,146
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I finally watched it on On Demand. No question, for me that Ven won. His dress was fabulous! I really liked Dimitri's dress, as well. I don't care that the top was just tee shirt fabric, He handled the midriff and skirt beautifully. I liked Gunnar's dress, but the peplum was weird, in the back. I didn't like the way it stuck out in front, then was flat in the back. I thought Dimitri deserved top 3 more than Gunnar. I thought Sonjia's was good, but not deserving of the praise she got. The rest were meh. I thought Buffi's was hideous. And Alicia's was a freak show. I don't know why Alicia was not in the bottom 3.

  11. #71
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    4,744
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Anyone watching or is everyone watching the Olympics tonight?? I'm dvr'ing the Olympics as I can't stay up late enough to see it all. So I'm watching PR.

    I just want to say that all the "I can't believe we don't have more time" whining is bizarre. How did these people try out for this show without knowing how it works? The time constraints are nothing new.

  12. #72
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    7,580
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Judy Collins is NOT taking this seriously. She needs to take her passive-aggressive b/s and go home.

    However, Christopher needs to strap on a pair.

    Gunnar's gown was awful, I can't believe it's in the top two. Pokemon was very gracious in his compliments re: Gunnar.

    Yul Brynner's gown was gorgeous, but he is soooo full of himself.

    Snape and Goth Barbie should have been in the top two, IMHO.

    Widow's Peak & Ms. Birkenstocks are toast.

  13. #73
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    4,744
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Your nicknames crack me up, Fergus. And what's worse is that while I can't remember half their real names, I know exactly who you are talking about.

    I can't believe that white mess made the top two. I don't think the idea was bad, but the execution was so atrocious.

    Something really exciting better happen before it is over after all the "don't miss" admonitions about this episode.

  14. #74
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    7,580
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by PDilemma View Post
    I can't believe that white mess made the top two. I don't think the idea was bad, but the execution was so atrocious.
    Even more atrocious than Gunnar's kneesocks! *gag*

    Something really exciting better happen before it is over after all the "don't miss" admonitions about this episode.
    I hope the "don't miss" was Kenley's guest starring role.

    ETA: Wowzers, Judy Collins booked!!!!

  15. #75
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    4,744
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    Even more atrocious than Gunnar's kneesocks! *gag*



    I hope the "don't miss" was Kenley's guest starring role.

    ETA: Wowzers, Judy Collins booked!!!!
    I feel like rather than winning something, Ven is being punished by having to spend a day with Kenley.

    As for Judy Collins--after the whole thing on the runway about wanting to be there...WTF? And are more of them seriously leaving?

    Think they'll bring people back or let the season be shortened????

  16. #76
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    7,580
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by PDilemma View Post
    Think they'll bring people back or let the season be shortened????
    If they do, I hope it's Chris March!!!

  17. #77

    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    3,836
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    1638
    Quote Originally Posted by PDilemma View Post
    As for Judy Collins--after the whole thing on the runway about wanting to be there...WTF? And are more of them seriously leaving?
    I was sort of wondering why they weren't showing *any* interviews with her during the whole episode. I guess now we know ...

  18. #78
    podcast mistress
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Ready to interview Uncle Dickie at any time.
    Posts
    7,823
    vCash
    2367
    Rep Power
    4368
    I missed the very end. What happened?
    In my spare time, I like to interview figure skating legends.

  19. #79
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    7,580
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    ^ Judy Collins left in the middle of the night.

    Goth Barbie and Buffi the Good Taste Slayer just sit there drinking their Sanka and chattin' about it like nothing happened. Weird.

  20. #80
    snarking for AZE
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    katbert greenhouse
    Posts
    30,150
    vCash
    2068
    Rep Power
    49059
    i expected irina to turn around and throw off that isadora duncan scarf and force the judges to look at that diaper flap gunnar sewed into the back. if it had won, i would bet any amt of money that irina would refuse to wear it.

    christopher needs to be slapped repeatedly. he cried like he was describing genocide.

    so since judy collins ran away from home, will raoul come back?
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

Page 4 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •