Prick Admin
    vCash

Nadal Withdraws From Olympics

Link

Reigning Olympic champion Rafael Nadal will not be competing at London 2012 due to injury. The 26-year-old, who was due to carry the Spanish flag at next Friday’s opening ceremony, won gold in Beijing four years ago but will not be defending his crown this summer.

Nadal also confirmed he will not be travelling to London for the Games, which would have been his first event since being eliminated in the second round at Wimbledon by then 100th-ranked Lukas Rosol.

“I am not able to compete at the Olympics in London and therefore will not be traveling as planned with the Spanish delegation,” he said. “I have to think about my colleagues. I cannot be selfish and I have to think of the good of Spanish sport, especially Spanish tennis, and let a team-mate who is better prepared to compete.
    On the bright side at least he won't have to wear those Bosco Sport uniforms.
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

vCash

Wowza, Roger may just get his gold medal afterall, Djokovic and Murray have to be the other two favorites now with Ferrer having an outside shot...
    Kyle

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by allezfred View Post
    On the bright side at least he won't have to wear those Bosco Sport uniforms.
    Or the lovely warm-ups. This is his chance to look like a medieval knight in polyester. Who knows when this will happen again?

http://estaticos04.marca.com/imagene..._foton_7_0.jpg

ETA: Sailing champ Iker Martínez is the front runner for flag bearer now.
    Last edited by ioana; 07-19-2012 at 08:29 PM.

Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash
    Damn!! I was looking so forward to watching Rafa show us what happened on that same court last month was only a hiccup in the grand scheme of things. I was also so excited when I heard he'd been awarded the honour of leading in the Spanish Team a week from today ( ). Sigh...

A speedy recovery to one of my favourite tennis players!!

vCash
    Sad... too sad! But unsurprising after Wimbledon.

Well at least he avoided the Spanish uniform!

Go Federer!!! Go and collect your final missing trophy!!
    I wonder if we will get a Murrey rematch!

vCash
    OMG Can't believe I missed this news!