View Poll Results: Who is the weakest link among these past champions?

Voters
241. You may not vote on this poll
  • Grishuk & Platov

1 0.41%
  • Krylova & Ovsiannikov

14 5.81%
  • Anissina & Peizerat

8 3.32%
  • Navka & Kostomarov

124 51.45%
  • Virtue & Moir

94 39.00%

vCash

Figure Skating Champions SURVIVOR: Ice Dance ROUND 8

And the mighty headband does it again!.. Voidy bulgarians are gone..

06TH PLACE: DENKOVA & STAVISKI (38.53% of votes)

The Final Flight Are: (New Links)
    01. Oksana Grishuk & Evgeny Platov - RUS - 1994,1995,1996 & 1997 Worlds and 1994 & 1998 Olympic Champions.
    02. Angelica Krylova & Oleg Ovsiannikov - RUS - 1998 and 1999 World Champions.
    03. Marina Anissina & Gwendal Peizerat - FRA - 2000 World and 2002 Olympic Champions.
    04. Tatiana Navka & Roman Kostomarov - RUS - 2004 & 2005 World and 2006 Olympic Champions.
    05.Tessa Virtue & Scott Moir - CAN - 2010 & 2012 World and 2010 Olympic Champions.

Already Eliminated:
    07th Place: Davis & White (39.29% votes)
    08th Place: Delobel & Schoenfelder (37.45% votes)
    09th Place: Bourne & Kraatz (41.85% votes)
    10th Place: Lobacheva & Averbukh (46.60% votes)
    11th Place: Domnina & Shabalin (29.65% votes)
    12th Place: Fusar-Poli & Margaglio (48.77% votes)

vCash
    I want to push N&K to see how far they can politik themselves into the game and I also want a final showdown among all OGM, so I vote for Krylova

vCash
    Ughhhhh. N&K better go this time. If V&M get voted out I'll throw a hissy fit, lol.

vCash
    Meh Anissina & Peizerat again. Overrated French yuckery.

vCash
    I am so surprised that N/K beat D/S. If N/K saves at this round, this vote will be a joke.

vCash
    I voted for V/M. Just not a fan of their skating. I like the other couples better.
    "I hit him with my shoes... if he had given me the medal like I told him to, I wouldn't have had to hit him!" -- 8-year-old Rhoda Penmark in "The Bad Seed"

vCash
    yes, navka still in the race

vCash
    I love Tatiana but I'm shocked that Tessa and Scott might get voted out now. I guess there's a lot of hate coming from people who were sour because of worlds...

YEAH!
    vCash
    I'm just so confused. Since when do N&K have all these fans? I can count maybe 3 posters who were professed Navka fans during their reign at the top.

I actually think it's time for K&O to start getting some serious votes, but had to waste a vote on N&K. K&O only had 3 good seasons, and they were only the dominant pair in one of those seasons, 1999.

IMO, G&P were vulnerable in 1997 and especially 1998. K&O had their chances to beat them, just as G&P had passed U&Z in 1994.

K&O dominated their fall 1996 GP (with G&P out with injury), but couldn't even manage to beat B&K at the GPF. Then G&P came to Euros with vastly better programs and trounced K&O, retaining their Euro and World titles.

By 1998, Evgeny's knees were failing him and G&P were falling down a lot in competition. The Russian federation didn't really have reason to prop up G&P anymore, IMO. They were obviously retiring no matter what, so it would been better for Russian skating to have K&O win gold in Nagano and try for a second title in SLC. K&O managed to lead G&P in the Euro OD (because G&P fell), but couldn't hold on to their lead because Carmen was an open program, not as difficult as Memorial, and too OTT for many to appreciate. They were 2nd at the Olympics and won Worlds because G&P finally retired, but they did not dominate that season.

In 1999, K&O dominated on paper, with an unbeaten season. However, there was some questioning of the judges for their European title and the inquiry was actually led by the Russian referee! They won Worlds, but they conceded the OD to A&P, so they weren't even able to fully dominate once G&P retired.

They were good dancers, and it's very sad that she got injured, but based on their actual record, they are the weakest link at this point. They have two world titles and an Olympic silver. V&M and N&K have two world titles and Olympic gold. A&P have only one World title, but an Olympic gold and bronze, and G&P are far ahead of everyone.

And I totally disagree with voting off V&M, who are the most technically gifted team on the list, and had incredible accomplishments much earlier in their careers. They're the youngest Olympic champions in the skating discipline that values longevity & experience the most.

vCash
    This is so difficult! I'm goin to wait to see how the rest of you vote and try to save Virtue and Moir without having to vote out Navka and Kostomarov.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Macassar88 View Post
    I love Tatiana but I'm shocked that Tessa and Scott might get voted out now. I guess there's a lot of hate coming from people who were sour because of worlds...
    Why would people be sour because of worlds?

vCash
    I was going to vote Navka & Kostomarov who IMO are now by far the weakest team left, but I voted for Virtue & Moir just for the laughs at the possability of N&K staying in another round.

In fairness to them if you look at sheer achievements and dominance they beat every team who started the list outside of Gritschuk & Platov. Even Virtue & Moir are behind them since they didnt even win a GP final vs 3 for N&K, and N&K lost only 1 competition in 3 seasons. So while people laugh they are one of the weakest their record doesnt suggest that. Also while they were probably lucky to peak in a relatively weak era, and DelSchoes or DenStav might have more fans, the truth of the matter is none of their wins from 2004-2006 created a big controversy, only their 04 Worlds win caused a small one and that seemed to be a small group that wasnt felt very far or big.
    Last edited by judgejudy27; 07-19-2012 at 08:35 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fin85 View Post
    Why would people be sour because of worlds?
    Because a lot of people wanted Davis and White to win

vCash
    It's hardly time for Virtue & Moir to leave. I think final showdown should be G&P vs. V&M. While V&M may not have had programs as innovative as those of G&P, K&O, or A&P, they do everything so well that it almost doesn't matter. They are possibly the best technical team of all time, and are no slouch in the artistic department either. Farrucas and Mahler in Vancouver may hae been somewhat generic programs, but they delivered them so well. They're technical far ahead of N&K, and I'd dare say they are artistically a bit ahead as well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by judgejudy27 View Post
    I was going to vote Navka & Kostomarov who IMO are now by far the weakest team left, but I voted for Virtue & Moir just for the laughs at the possability of N&K staying in another round.
    It's time for the headband to be hung up in the broom closet.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vivika1982 View Post
    It's time for the headband to be hung up in the broom closet.
    Handed over to Bobrova

vCash
    It's time for Navka & Kostomarov to stop skating to Scheherazade. This is the one-thousand-and-second night.