Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
    Dashing Between Bennetton and Krispy Kreme
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Japanfan View Post
    And if she's a good friend as well, for everything else there's Mastercard.

I don't see anything strange about Evan and Vera being good friends. If they are lovers as well, so what? I just can't see Evan being so bold as to have a lover that old, he always struck me as a rather conventional sort of guy.
    Not coping. I need to watch THE GRADUATE again just to recover.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by essence_of_soy View Post
    Not coping. I need to watch THE GRADUATE again just to recover.
    Or "Harold and Maude." (OK, Vera's not THAT old! Evan's not that young, either. But it's a good movie.)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jenniferlyon View Post
    Or "Harold and Maude." (OK, Vera's not THAT old! Evan's not that young, either. But it's a good movie.)
    Loved Harold and Maude. Ruth Gordon and Bud Cort were great. It's one of my cult favourites.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    "Harold and Maude" played in a movie theater in St. Paul or Minneapolis for several years in the 70's. My college roommate, who was from St. Paul, told me about seeing it regularly.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnieBgood View Post
    Since they're good friends, she's probably helping him out by giving him a place to live, and helping herself by not being alone in her house at night. Plus, maybe a little eye candy. It's probably that innocent.
    Yeah, I thought maybe she needed a friend to be with her to support her (emotionally, not financially) during her divorce. Not everything is about sex.

vCash
    Sasha's such a girlie girl.
    But maybe not Alex the rugby player?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fly On The Wall View Post
    Yeah, I thought maybe she needed a friend to be with her to support her (emotionally, not financially) during her divorce. Not everything is about sex.
    True.

If Evan's a good friend, he'll dial Vera a pizza. Not try to bed her.

That girl is too thin!

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gkelly View Post
    But maybe not Alex the rugby player?
    It's tag rugby. Not nearly as tough as proper rugby.
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

vCash
    just because some of you can not imagine being involved in that type of relationship or you think it is gross or whatever, doesn't necessarily mean that it is for them. Speculation over sexual involvement, who is gay or who isn't, what the possible benefits for Evan is, whether or not Vera needs a sandwich is really none of our business. Evan as the OGM does not owe us anything.

I am guessing that they could be laughing hysterically over all this speculation and what people say is a yuck factor.

vCash
    True.

If Evan's a good friend, he'll dial Vera a pizza. Not try to bed her.

That girl is too thin!
    IMHO he's unattractively thin too. They'll probably eat a pea a week, between them.
    I guess the hard thing for a lot of people to accept is why God would allow me to go running through their yards, yelling and spinning around.

vCash
    Eek! I switched the Evan/Sasha roomie situation. That's what I get for trying to squeeze in a lil' FSU time during one of the breaks of The Dark Knight Trilogy at the movies last night.
    Sometimes I think I lost something really important to me, and it turns out I already ate it.

vCash
    Honestly and quite frankly.
    After reading many comments on this thread about him being gay or not gay. The specialness of their relationship, the both of them being too thin etc is nauseating to say the least.
    I know some of you think it is all in fun but honestly I think you should be ashamed of yourselves.
    The Internet is just a place for negativity, hate and hyperbole.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    chantilly, do you think it's bad that we think someone might be gay or that we feel someone is (too) thin? Or is that okay and it's the way we phrase ourselves?
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

KWEEN 2016! YES WE KWAN!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzisk8tr View Post
    IMHO he's unattractively thin too. They'll probably eat a pea a week, between them.
    Awww, not even a protein shake or two?

Saint Smugpawski
    Cutting Down Privet Because Food Prices Are Going Up Next Year
    vCash
    I say pish posh on the Harold and Maude comparison because neither of them has the specialness that it takes to tool around in a hearse.
    The fastest thing out of New Jersey since Tricky Nicky in a Muscovian handbasket

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    chantilly, do you think it's bad that we think someone might be gay or that we feel someone is (too) thin? Or is that okay and it's the way we phrase ourselves?
    God no. It is just the catty tone of most of the posts making assumptions based on what their first had knowledge of these people? That is is a sham relationship. She is a beard etc. and the thin comment was meant as an insult.
    I am just finding the Internet so disheartening and exhausting to read. I basically am having the same reaction you had to the Katie Holmes and Tom Cruise divorce.
    None of us know these people so we can't talk with any authority on who they are, the nature of their relationships or sexual preference. It just seems gossipy and destructive on the whole.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Southpaw View Post
    I say pish posh on the Harold and Maude comparison because neither of them has the specialness that it takes to tool around in a hearse.
    FWIW, my next door neighbors have a hearse. They are SO NOT special.
    Now, if I saw one of them trying to rescue a tree from the inner city, that would be a hearse of a different color.

Saint Smugpawski
    Cutting Down Privet Because Food Prices Are Going Up Next Year
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparks View Post
    FWIW, my next door neighbors have a hearse. They are SO NOT special.
    Now, if I saw one of them trying to rescue a tree from the inner city, that would be a hearse of a different color.
    A hearse is a hearse of cearse of cearse but not everyone can drive a hearse of cearse.
    The fastest thing out of New Jersey since Tricky Nicky in a Muscovian handbasket

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chantilly View Post
    God no. It is just the catty tone of most of the posts making assumptions based on what their first had knowledge of these people? That is is a sham relationship. She is a beard etc. and the thin comment was meant as an insult.
    I am just finding the Internet so disheartening and exhausting to read. I basically am having the same reaction you had to the Katie Holmes and Tom Cruise divorce.
    None of us know these people so we can't talk with any authority on who they are, the nature of their relationships or sexual preference. It just seems gossipy and destructive on the whole.
    chantilly, most Internet msg boards are a black hole -- that's the reality. Why not try going cold turkey, if you can. I've often thought about attempting that myself. But the "at" part usually falls away, and I'm left with "tempting." In any case, it is also true that there are places on the Internet where you can enjoy talking with people who share your interests. You can find lots of engaging and informative threads here on FSU. For the threads that bother or offend, making your feelings known is a good thing, but better perhaps not to open, if there is even a hint of the possibility of "scandalous" commentary that you don't wish to read, eh?

While I might not agree with the tone or content of everything in this thread, for the most part it is just lighthearted fun. Some of us are making fun of ourselves here too. And quite a few posters are very supportive of the fact that what Evan and Vera do and share together (whether they are just BFF or more deeply involved) is their own business. The fact that they are friends has never been a secret. I think it's great to find someone you are sympatico with, and who cares what anyone else thinks or speculates or jokes about.

Sure this thread may be past it's sell by date, but ya know, go ahead and take a few more sips at your own risk.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chantilly View Post
    Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I guess it's tough to know when to joke about something is okay and how far is too far. I've been the one who has gone too far (quite possibly often) and other times been unhappy with other who did the same!

I think some of the joking in this thread is that people think that Evan is gay and if other skaters could be openly gay, why can't Lysacek? To me, I've always thought it should be up to each individual when they want to come out, not for others to tell them it's safe and just get on with it.
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast