Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawnie View Post

This is pretty random news. Doesn't Evan own a stylish house that was featured on a TV show? Why would a 20 something year old single man want to live with a 60 something year old divorced woman when he had his own swanky bachelor pad?

I think the swanky bachelor pad is in Vegas. Living with Vera Wang makes since, if he's training again, or if he's going to be on the All Star Season of DWTS.
    'Life's hard. It's even harder when you're stupid.'--John Wayne

Internet Beyotch
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Moka-Ananas View Post
    I think Evan is just her "elderly care nurse".
    Actual bumper sticker series: Jesus is my co-pilot. Satan is my financial advisor. Budha is my therapist. L. Ron Hubbard owes me $50.

YEAH!
    vCash
    I just don't think Evan or Vera are interesting or famous enough for him just crashing at her place to be a big story, especially since there are no accompanying photos of them canoodling in public. It's more like something you might read as an afterthought article about Evan's comeback, a la "Olympic Champion Evan Lysacek hopes to come back for Sochi. He will be skating to [insert well known opera] with costumes designed by Vera Wang. Wang costumed Lysacek for the Vancouver games, and the two are such good friends that he often stays as a guest at her home while in LA training." I don't think the public cares enough about either of them to read more into the story.

It's all coming from "sources close to" which means someone connected to their camps is pushing the story on the tabloids. It could be that the affair is true, and someone close is selling them out. Or it's a plant, but a really weird plant. Even if you buy into Evan using beards, a 60+ year old woman is not exactly what he would choose.

It's just really bizarre any way you look at it.

vCash
    A few years ago on a tour to either Japan or China there is a video [you tube] Evan was talking to a skater girl, they were looking at photos that you take in a photo booth. It was a pic of Jeffrey Buttle. Evan said Jeffrey's beautiful, he's a prince". I thought that was kind of strange. I will try to find that video. He also said while walking with Jeff in a shop, "Jeff is rich".

Saint Smugpawski
    Cutting Down Privet Because Food Prices Are Going Up Next Year
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Moka-Ananas View Post
    I think Evan is just her "elderly care nurse".
    Perhaps she's his wet nurse.
    The fastest thing out of New Jersey since Tricky Nicky in a Muscovian handbasket

vCash
    maybe it's a joke!?

vCash
    As far as who put the story out - maybe no one. It's origin (no matter where a version subsequently just appeared) was the NY Daily News. Evan is no big thing here in NYC (people outside skating don't much know who he is) but Vera Wang is very much a big thing in NYC - as a designer, as a business woman. The news of her announcing the end of her 23 marriage a few weeks ago (and her husband is the business person behind the Vera Wang multi-billion dollar empire and I'm not exaggerating) was all over the place. So it might follow that news about who is living with her in her new house in LA (that she, a long-time East Coaster, was also buying a place in LA was news a month or two ago) qualifies as big business celeb news/gossip in New York. That's the Daily News.

I go with the 'they're friends and she offered him a base in LA' approach to the whole thing.
    Last edited by Willowway; 07-19-2012 at 03:45 AM.

vCash
    I found it. The video on you tube where Evan tells an Asian skater girl that "Jeff's beautiful, he's a prince". Check it out tour -#04 by bonboncherry5. It is said at 7:01 into the video. There are I believe 5 parts [5 videos]. The tour includes Mao, Sasha C and many others. Very cute, they go to a sea world type of place, an indoor aquarium, restaurants, etc. Also skating. Enjoy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stevlin View Post
    A few years ago on a tour to either Japan or China there is a video [you tube] Evan was talking to a skater girl, they were looking at photos that you take in a photo booth. It was a pic of Jeffrey Buttle. Evan said Jeffrey's beautiful, he's a prince". I thought that was kind of strange. I will try to find that video. He also said while walking with Jeff in a shop, "Jeff is rich".
    At that time, Jeff was the newly crowned world champion, before Evan got his own gold medal. The videos were promotional material for The Ice show headlined by Mao Asada. This was a year when Mao also got her gold medal. Of course, they tried to sell "Jeff" as much as possible in Japan, who had a huge fan base there. It's even possible what Evan said was scripted beforehand.
    Last edited by seabm7; 07-19-2012 at 04:08 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by seabm7 View Post
    At that time, Jeff was the newly crowned world champion, before Evan got his own gold medal. The videos were promotional material for The Ice show headlined by Mao Asada. This was a year when Mao also got her gold medal. Of course, they tried to sell "Jeff" as much as possible in Japan. It's even possible what Evan said was scripted beforehand.
    Also, i think it was the year when Jeff had some Disney number with Mao where he was, indeed, a Prince
    improving my ballad- like lines

vCash
    so does this also mean he will appear soon on her Summer or Fall Ad Campaigns for Vera Wang ?

vCash
    He probably lives in her guesthouse. A lot of really rich/famous people have big guesthouses on their property, which enables them to have guests "live" with them without actually living with them. Maybe that's all this is? I know people who let their personal assistant live in their guesthouse while they lead their own separate lives in their "main house", but the whole thing is considered one home.

I think Evan and Vera grocery shopping together may be weirder than them living together.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stjeaskategym View Post
    He probably lives in her guesthouse. A lot of really rich/famous people have big guesthouses on their property, which enables them to have guests "live" with them without actually living with them. Maybe that's all this is? I know people who let their personal assistant live in their guesthouse while they lead their own separate lives in their "main house", but the whole thing is considered one home.
    Argh, how do I get that life?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    maybe he's just tending her garden
    Hmmm, well in the below article Evan said happily that Vera (with her snake design costume for his 2010 Olympic lp) "really changed my packaging."

http://www.verawang.com/veraunveiled...ersonal-style/ *

*originally linked by kwanette in the Trash Can Evan/Wang discussion

Running from Morozov...I'm blonde, after all! IL
    vCash
    Since they're good friends, she's probably helping him out by giving him a place to live, and helping herself by not being alone in her house at night. Plus, maybe a little eye candy. It's probably that innocent.

vCash
    Halfway through dinner today I said something about skating and my mom all but yelled "OH!! VERA WANG!!! THE VERA WANG!!!! THE FAMOUS CLOTHES DESIGNER!!! SHE'S DATING SOME REALLY YOUNG ICE SKATING GUY!!!"

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by arakwafan2006 View Post
    the Evangelical crack was equally unnecessary.
    They forgot the hyphen. It should have read:

Take it you're an Evan-gelical?
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    maybe he's just tending her garden
    your on a roll!!

vCash
    Or, maybe, JUST maybe...

Evan actually likes Wang.

vCash
    Or, maybe he's trying to outdo Johnny's same sex marriage.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast