Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chantilly View Post
    The Internet is just a place for negativity, hate and hyperbole.
    Says the schoolmarm scolding complete strangers because she brought her own negative nelly interpretation to their comments.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by berthesghost View Post
    Says the schoolmarm scolding complete strangers because she brought her own negative nelly interpretation to their comments.

Wow what an intelligent and well thought out response to my clarification on Peter G's question.
    And it was hardly an " interpretation" the comments while some were in jest, others were clearly snarky, speculative and bitchy.
    It is just so easy to leave bitchy comments and snap judgements on the Internet because there are virtually no consequences. And I just think in general people should just be more careful and considerate.
    Perhaps I should have phrased my initial comments in a less accusatory tone. I was reactong instead of responding.But at least Peter G and another poster had the decency to respect or inquire where I was coming from.

vCash
    others were clearly snarky, speculative and bitchy.
    It is just so easy to leave bitchy comments
    And I just think in general people should just be more careful and considerate.
    Perhaps I should have phrased my initial comments in a less accusatory tone. I was reactong instead of responding.
    "Be nice! You are bitchy, not like me."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brightphoton View Post
    "Be nice! You are bitchy, not like me."
    Huh? What does that even mean. Clearly I took responsibility for my initial response. And yet you continue to snark back. I also don't think I WAS being bitchy but angry and frustrated and disappointed. But if you don't want to have a discussion and would rather just snark then fine. Snark to your hearts content.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by essence_of_soy View Post
    True.

If Evan's a good friend, he'll dial Vera a pizza. Not try to bed her.

That girl is too thin!

That was my thought when I first heard about this, but Evan's a bit skinny himself. Made me wonder if they keep food in the house!

vCash

Wow what an intelligent and well thought out response to my clarification on Peter G's question.
    oohhh.... Bitchy sarcasm and a put down! What better way to top a Debby downer kill joy scold post than insulting someone? But i guess its ok to be rude to me because im not a public figure who will most probably never read the comment, I'm just a fellow member of the same small group. You really are making the Internet a better place all by yourself aren't you.
    And it was hardly an " interpretation" the comments while some were in jest, others were clearly snarky, speculative and bitchy.
    this:
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    I guess it's tough to know when to joke about something is okay and how far is too far. I've been the one who has gone too far (quite possibly often) and other times been unhappy with other who did the same!
    one man's "lighthearted joke" is another man's "offensive remark" and often it just depends on ones mood at the time.

So.. To recap: making a joke about a super thin celebrity needing to eat more pizza = destructive behavior. Directly insulting the intelligence of a fellow posters comments = savior of the www. Got it.

vCash
    how long til the season starts already?
    Keeper of Nathalie Pechelat's bitchface.

aka IceSkate98
    vCash
    Amen.

From the album, "Rumours". Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDthfYFsWH0
    Angie
    “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” ~ Thomas A. Edison

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Perhaps I should have phrased my initial comments in a less accusatory tone.
    Ah, kneejerk posting. I believe I did that once!

Quote Originally Posted by Coco View Post
    22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31

plus 31 for August, plus

30 for September as well as

1, 2, 3, 4 ,5, 6

oh crap i just lost count

It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    31 days until JGP Courchevel.

67 days until Nebelhorn.

76 days until the Japan Open.

89 days until Skate America.

565 days until the Opening Ceremony at Sochi.
    I can call the moon a pear, but it doesn't make it so. -- kwanfan1818

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by falling_dance View Post
    31 days until JGP Courchevel.

67 days until Nebelhorn.

76 days until the Japan Open.

89 days until Skate America.

565 days until the Opening Ceremony at Sochi.
    Thank you, that's great! Makes it easier to count. As long as ISU channel keep supplying us with Junior videos, the wait does not seem so bad.
    improving my ballad- like lines

vCash
    Sniff, … yep past it’s sell-by-date. (No offence intended of course to Evan or Vera, or to anyone else in the universe for that matter).

Upon reflection, I think merely deciding to read any message board on the Internet, much less gathering up the gumption to post your earnest or less than earnest generally reactionary or let’s say more or less passionate thoughts is stepping out on the edge, skirting a fine line, setting yourself up for derision/ embarrassment/ regret, and perhaps for vanity, pride, or malicious glee, which ultimately and inevitably may lead to either dismay, regret, satisfaction in sharing your thoughts with receptive listeners, learning something new if perchance you are open to it, or perhaps puffing yourself up and gloating, or shaking your head up-and-down or side-to-side, or holding your head in your hands, but never, no never changing anyone else’s mind. It’s always fun tho’ when there is a chance for pure laughter and release of pent-up thoughts and emotions. Beware that disagreements will be rife and total agreements few and far between.

Hey but stand your ground with a stiff upper lip, a twinkle in your eye and a dimple in your cheek, or mayhap a Poker Face (muh muh muh mah). Whatever, just be prepared, able and willing to weather the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune. Pardon that bit of kleptomania on my part. Ahem, in other words, errrm ... the words of Kenny Rogers (as written by Lorenz Hart & Richard Rodgers) to be exact:

Ya gotta know when to hold ‘em, know when to fold ‘em
    Know when to walk away, and know when to run

The Internet is a wasteland, perhaps a prime example of The Waste Land as described and immortalized bv T.S. Eliot, saith I the redundantly garrulous and verbose philosophizer.

Quote Originally Posted by Coco View Post
    Sigh, I’m too antsy and excited to count the days. Please let it be a wonderful season with sublime returns, building up to even greater gains to come?

Quote Originally Posted by Simone411 View Post
    Amen.

From the album, "Rumours". Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDthfYFsWH0
    Thank you.

vCash
    Maybe FSU should send them nightly pizzas!

Probably they eat rice cakes on the couch and laugh at how pissed of this makes Johnny Weir, who probably is laughing back at them.

Actually, I hope both Evan and Johnny are getting good nutrition and are ready to compete with the young'uns this fall. I still think they are the best two Olympic-eligible men we've got.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post
    Live alone in rental apartment vs. live with friend in her spectacular house, housekeepers, and probably staff to cook a post-training meal. That's a tough call.
    He does have the best roomate ever. As long as she doesnt walk around naked.

vCash
    Hey chantilly (if you're still within sniffing distance), I was just wonderin' whether your user name might be inspired by this sweet little ditty (this is NOT a "snark" or dig, btw -- IOW, no offence or offense intended).

Chantilly lace and a pretty face
    And a pony tail hangin' down
    A wiggle in the walk and a giggle in the talk
    Make the world go 'round.

Fearless Musher
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aftershocks View Post
    Hey chantilly (if you're still within sniffing distance), I was just wonderin' whether your user name might be inspired by this sweet little ditty
    And I thought it was maybe inspired by this, or this

As for walking around naked, it's better to have Wang as a room mate than Mishin for instance. All is always relative...
    "I missed the view and viewed the mist..." ©

vCash
    Unrelated to ... Wang(s), Evan practicing in Sun Valley this past weekend. He skated Saturday night along with Ashley Wagner.

https://twitter.com/nareah43/status/.../photo/1/large

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PinkFeathers View Post
    Unrelated to ... Wang(s), Evan practicing in Sun Valley this past weekend. He skated Saturday night along with Ashley Wagner.

That twitter pic of Evan has US ice dancers (retired) Kim Navarro and Brent Bommentre also.

vCash
    Evan practicing in Sun Valley this past weekend. He skated Saturday night along with Ashley Wagner.

Have you heard any reports on how Evan skated at Sun Valley?

vCash

Omg, Evan is dating Ashley now !?!? You know Vera would never have let him out of the house in a wife beater

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast