• 4th again

38 31.40%
  • 5th

17 14.05%
  • out of top 5

7 5.79%
    vCash

Weaver & Poje- early prediction to where they will finish at 2013 Worlds

I know it is along way away and way too early to tell but I am curious if you were all to guess now where do you think Weaver & Poje will finish at the 2013 Worlds. I actually think at the moment they will win atleast bronze and maybe even silver. I dont see Pechalat & Bourzat remaining in the top 3 this coming season, and I see the chasers getting closer to Davis & White.

vCash
    I think that even though W/P have made great strides in improving technically, they still have a way to go before they can compete with the Shibutanis, who are technical perfection and I think that still counts for something in ice dance. And I definitely don't see them coming in above the French. I see the same top 3 teams in some order going into the Olympics and on the podium. Even though the new judging system allows for newer teams to top the veterans, I think there is still a bit of the "wait your turn" when you are a country's 2nd team, as W/P are now.
    Also, I think the Russians will really start putting the push on for I/K, so that could put W/P in the thick of a 3 horse race for 4th. C/L are working with Igor Shpilband and will most likely come out swinging this season and then there's the dark horse of C/B, with a 2nd season together, they may have had enough time now to gel and really surprise us.

vCash
    Shibutanis seemed to struggle a lot last year to get their levels and W/P were beside V/M the only couple to get a level 4 on a step sequence at World's FD. Besides, W/P beat the Shibutanis in the PCS score everytime they met.

I think that they have a shot at least on a bronze medal, maybe even more and honestly I don't get why everyone believes that P/B will get dumped.They have great skating skills and their programms for next season sound promising. Further, they work now with Krylova/Camerlengo and they certainly know how to get a couple to the next level (see F/S and W/P).

vCash
    While I think a lot depends on the programs the 2 teams come up with , I do feel more forward momentum , and see more progress on W/P's part. It's not that I think P/B could be dumped , it's that I think they could be surpassed. Two different things entirely.

vCash
    I don't think P/B will be dumped. I think W/P will get 4th again and P/B will still be the 3rd place team in 2014 as well. The younger teams will have their chance after the Olympics.

vCash
    I am very surprised only half think they will medal. With Worlds being in Ontario and looking at the other teams I would be a bit shocked if they dont medal. I dont see P&B on another World podium, no way. They got their medal and the younger teams are closing in on them, medalling on home ice was the defacto ending for them in a sense even though they are continuing. Many thought W&P should have beaten them at Worlds last year in France, next year in Canada there will be virtually no chance for P&B to stay ahead. The Russians still have a ways to go and I dont see them beating W&P on their home turf, maybe in Russia at the Olympics. The Shibutanis are no threat at all for the moment.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by judgejudy27 View Post
    I am very surprised only half think they will medal. With Worlds being in Ontario and looking at the other teams I would be a bit shocked if they dont medal. I dont see P&B on another World podium, no way. They got their medal and the younger teams are closing in on them, medalling on home ice was the defacto ending for them in a sense even though they are continuing. Many thought W&P should have beaten them at Worlds last year in France, next year in Canada there will be virtually no chance for P&B to stay ahead. The Russians still have a ways to go and I dont see them beating W&P on their home turf, maybe in Russia at the Olympics. The Shibutanis are no threat at all for the moment.
    We will see!

vCash
    The gap between the top two and the rest of field is so big that it doesn't seem plausible W/P or any other team could ever get on higher than third. BUT my fingers crossed for W/P's another successful season and fruitful result in Sochi!

“It is far more important to have a good judge than a possible conflict of interest." - Ottavio Cinquanta
    vCash
    I predict they will get third even though they're not that good. The momentum/rep has been building ever since the "overly-emotional-music-masks-their-imperfections program" from last year.

vCash
    Depends on whether they can deliver with their new programs. I'm worried that they won't be able to match Malade.

vCash
    I feel they have grown immensely as a team and will continue to do so. Don't forget, they are still a very young team and have many year ahead of them should they wish to continue as long as P/B have. I was really impressed with their commitment to their programs last year when I first saw them at Skate Canada. Also perhaps something that does not show up on TV was their speed. Their edges were great too, especially his, but of course, he comes from the same school as Scott Moir so one were expect that. They are both very talented and are very striking beautiful couple. Yes, there is room to improve, but they seem to be very diligent, hard working, conscientious young people, so I would bet that they will not be standing still.
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    Hint for the FD...

Allison holker‏@Allisonholker

Today is such an exciting day!!! WOW ... Can't wait to start the new adventure #ICEDANCING

45 min The Weaver Poje Love‏@WeaverPojeLove

More hints about the FD?! RT @Allisonholker Today is such an exciting day!!! WOW ... Can't wait to start the new adventure #ICEDANCING

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leafygreens View Post
    I predict they will get third even though they're not that good. The momentum/rep has been building ever since the "overly-emotional-music-masks-their-imperfections program" from last year.
    My thoughts exactly.

YEAH!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leafygreens View Post
    Word. They won't beat V&M or D&W though.

Although, if Allison Holker of SYTTCD is working with them, I do reserve the right to change my mind.