View Poll Results: Who is the Ultimate SURVIVOR?

Voters
429. You may not vote on this poll
  • Michelle Kwan

257 59.91%
  • Yuna Kim

172 40.09%
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarrett View Post
    WTF, I just voted wrong. -1 for Yu-na and +1 for Michelle please...
    Yeah,that almost happened to me as well , luckily I read it first, but still, the voting format should have stayed the same..

vCash
    I'm so terribly torn. CANNOT DECIDE!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiK View Post
    VOTE FOR WHO DO YOU WANT TO WIN!!
    I'm confused..... have the rules been changed for the final stage? If I click next to Kim's name is that a vote for or against her?

I predict controversy!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    5 World titles in 3 different Olympic quads.

This says it all.

Sorry Yuna!

BTW, as some users say, her Lark Ascending was really beautiful.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObELjZg_ZFU
    Last edited by t.mann; 07-18-2012 at 09:15 AM.

Fetalized since 1998
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mafke View Post
    I'm confused..... have the rules been changed for the final stage? If I click next to Kim's name is that a vote for or against her?

I predict controversy!
    Yes. For.

vCash
    Allow me to predict the coming controversy....

OH MY GOD!!!! MICHELLE KWAN DID NOT WIN BY THE HUGE CRUSHING MARGIN SHE SHOULD HAVE!!!!! IT'S SABOTAGE!!!!!!

For what it's worth I almost voted (for Kim) before deciding to check out how the voting was going and was suprised at the numbers and so looked at the first post....

Controversy, controversy, controversy. Let the conspiracy theories begin!

vCash
    Voted for Michelle this time. Sorry, Yuna.

vCash
    I remember that in one of early rounds SamuraiK or other user said(suggested) the rule change into voting for the stronger skater in the final round. So I was ready.

vCash
    Kwan. Kinda amazing when you consider she went to Worlds 12 times and only had 2 falls in all of her free skates combined.

vCash
    Michelle Kwan! She is simply the best. Period.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarrett View Post
    WTF, I just voted wrong. -1 for Yu-na and +1 for Michelle please...
    Same
    Except I want Yuna to win

vCash
    sigh, I was hoping for Yuna v. Mao final, which would have been much more exciting, rather than this "old" v. "new" generation.

As far as Michelle v. Yuna is concerned, this is like Jordan v. Kobe or Jordan v. LeBron argument. On the one side, you have a legend that is almost unanimously cherished and respected, while on the other side, you have an active athlete (albeit phenomenally talented) who tends to attract more polarized response.

Of course, my vote is for Yuna, as I think she has the most complete package - she is not without flaws, but I think she would serve as the base prototype if one were to try to build the most ideal skater today.

Won't argue with "longevity" / "consistency" argument for now, as I am the first to admit that Yuna threw away at least 2 Worlds Gold Medals (2010 & 2011). If Yuna had won the last two worlds as she should have, then we would be in some serious debate (5 worlds v. 1 OGM + 3 worlds).

vCash
    If there is one program Yu-Na would benefit from taking another stab at, it's Lark. I find that I'm much more partial to her SPs (Tango, Danse, Bond) than I am any of her LPs. They are nice but her Lark was far and away the best choreographically and conceptually. She was still pretty rough in those days (very "blocky" I call it) but she's since smoothed out and refined her presentation; I think it would be a treat to see her skate that program with the maturity and elegance she has gained since she first performed it.

Lark Ascending brings to mind Lyra Angelica for me. Maybe it's the title (two words, starting with "L" and "A") or the light blue dresses or the feel of both programs...but for me Lark is to Yu-Na's skating as Lyra is to Michelle's skating...

vCash
    I'd agree that Kim's LPs are better than SPs. The same goes For Asada who I know was voted off but Noctune No. 2 and Claire De Lune specifically have been far superior programs to anything she did in the long.

vCash
    I'm not quite sure what criteria we are supposed to be voting on here. If we're selecting the best ladies "skater" based on their peak technical/artistic capabilities, then Yuna wins. If we are selecting the best ladies "skater" based on their career body of work, then Michelle wins. Based on my hope and belief that Yuna stands a good chance of winning another OGM at Sochi (which would clinch the "career body of work" criteria too) I'm voting for her.

I would also like to note that I don't understand why so many people do not rank Yuna's Gershwin LP as the best ever performed by a woman. The only reason I can come up with is that many people don't like or relate to the music. Now I admit that the excerpts used of Gershwin's Concerto in F for Yuna's LP are not as easily digested as say the main melody of William's gorgeous "The Lark Ascending", but the melding of Gershwin's theme with Yuna's choreography is technically breathtaking and sublimely presented. In my book, that performance is one of best in figure skating history (and technically so far the pinnacle of ladies figure skating).
    Last edited by jatale; 07-18-2012 at 02:01 PM.

vCash
    http://youtu.be/5AqVX5e-z7g?t=32s

My vote will change next year, everyone deserve their turn!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BmcC102 View Post
    If the Kween doesn't win, I'm calling foul for the change in format from voting who you want off to who you want to win (despite everyone's efforts to make it clear)...

Come on y'all. Kween all the way! WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
    Ack! I voted for Yu Na by accident! -1 for Kim and +1 for Kwan from me also, please.

Quote Originally Posted by CoolGuy
    Kwan. Kinda amazing when you consider she went to Worlds 12 times and only had 2 falls in all of her free skates combined.
    That is amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by ainouta
    Yu-Na is certainly the more capable skater in almost every aspect of technique and she brought exactly what she needed to win her titles. But a skater who skated for the love of skating and for the love of performing would not have let the title slip away like the way she did at 2011 Worlds. And I think that's what makes me lean toward Michelle...at least for now.
    I would amend that to say Yu-Na is the more capable skater in almost every aspect of her technique irt toe jumps. Otherwise ITA.

I think further evidence of Michelle's strength as a skater and performer can be found in her exhibitions. She's had multitudes of clean, inspired exhibition performances. I'm so used to seeing skaters (Yu-Na included) making errors in their exhibitions nowadays that it's surprising when they do skate clean.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jatale View Post
    I'm not quite sure what criteria we are supposed to be voting on here. If we're selecting the best ladies "skater" based on their peak technical/artistic capabilities, then Yuna wins. If we are selecting the best ladies "skater" based on their career body of work, then Michelle wins. Based on my hope and belief that Yuna stands a good chance of winning another OGM at Sochi (which would clinch the "career body of work" criteria too) I'm voting for her.

I would also like to note that I don't understand why so many people do not rank Yuna's Gershwin LP as the best ever performed by a woman. The only reason I can come up with is that many people don't like or relate to the music. Now I admit that the excerpts used of Gershwin's Concerto in F for Yuna's LP are not as easily digested as say the main melody of William's gorgeous "The Lark Ascending", but the melding of Gershwin's theme with Yuna's choreography is technically breathtaking and sublimely presented. In my book, that performance is one of best in figure skating history (and technically so far the pinnacle of ladies figure skating).
    Even at her best with lifetime performances, Kwan never be able to beat clean Yuna under any judging system. On the other hand, Yuna never be able to beat Kwan in this poll.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mafke View Post

I predict controversy!
    LOL in all "real" Survivor, the final round changes to select the winner, not the loser. Plus is not like its gonna affect the results here. Fortunately, most user DO read the threads

vCash
    I voted for Kwan. Might have voted for Kim right after the 2010 Olympics but back then I would have presumed she would continue skating at close to that high level and winning more major titles. Instead she has showed up at the last 2 Worlds in embarassingly bad shape and performed poorly. Plus anyone that allows Miki freaking Ando to win more World titles than them in the same era doesnt deserve to beat the Kween.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast