View Poll Results: Who is the Ultimate SURVIVOR?

Voters
429. You may not vote on this poll
  • Michelle Kwan

257 59.91%
  • Yuna Kim

172 40.09%
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheylana View Post

I also voted for Kwan, but I'm not at all convinced she would have won five World titles if she had won OGM in, say, 1998. That OGM has a way of sapping motivation and competitive fires...especially for American female skaters. They tend to and then I just don't see any reason to believe Michelle would have been any different, no matter what she likes to say.
    I believe she had said long before Nagano that she would like to stay until SLC. In any event, even if she had won the OGM in Nagano and turned pro in 1998, her world and Olympic title count would still equal that of Yuna's.

vCash
    This is so difficult question , but I voted for Yuna Kim.
    She deserves the win

vCash
    Everlast, Forever, Last One & Only One...Queen Yuna KIM !!!

vCash
    Cant believe Kwan is going to win this.... Yuna would beat Kwan anyday

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sk8ingcoach View Post
    Well, not today apparently.
    "Corporation, n. An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." - Ambrose Bierce

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VIETgrlTerifa View Post
    Well, not today apparently.
    Ha!

vCash
    Team Peeps!

vCash
    It cracks me up that the Korean Yunabots are mad enough to spit that Kim is losing a freakin' poll!

As for Kwan and Kim's popularity - I've a feeling that Kim is a big deal in Korea only. I always use my non-FS-watching, non-American extended family as a yardstick - they still think that FS is the Kerrigan-Harding scandal and Kwan (and this is without any prompting from me). I mention Kim Yu-Na to them and they're like, "Which Kim is that? Don't all Koreans seem to be Kims?".

vCash
    ^ Well, I think she is one of Carolina ubers
    As much as Carolina is probably my Favourite skater of all time, i can accept that it is her time to go... I was just happy that she made it past Butyrskaya. However i coulod never vote her off, so i voted for Chen Lu as i believe she is the next weakest

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mrinalini View Post
    It cracks me up that the Korean Yunabots are mad enough to spit that Kim is losing a freakin' poll!

As for Kwan and Kim's popularity - I've a feeling that Kim is a big deal in Korea only. I always use my non-FS-watching, non-American extended family as a yardstick - they still think that FS is the Kerrigan-Harding scandal and Kwan (and this is without any prompting from me). I mention Kim Yu-Na to them and they're like, "Which Kim is that? Don't all Koreans seem to be Kims?".
    What does that say about other voted out skaters before? Russian Irinabots, Japanese Maobots, Chinese Lulubots are all gone mad during this poll? What does that say about your character that never misses a chance to diminish Yuna and refer to Yuna fans as crazy nutjobs?

Chill down please. Not everything is about konspiracy surrounding Yuna and "Korean Yunabots." Same goes for the other way around. Certain comments in this poll are getting more and more ridiculous.

vCash
    LONG LIVE THE NORTH AMERICAN KWANATIC KWANBOTS!
    Team Peeps!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Badams View Post
    Ay-Men to that!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Badams View Post
    Hey, leave my name out of this!

I do not classify myself as a kwanbot...I am a kwan-uber, thank you kindly. As an uber I defend the Kween to the bitter end, however I am not so blinded that I am unable to see where the Kween made mistakes or was lacking...though the Kween made very few mistakes and lacked very little during her time.
    Last edited by kwanatic; 07-19-2012 at 05:25 PM.

vCash

Yikes! Backward family.

Doesn't sound like you should trust your instinct too much before doing some research. I can vouch she is big in China too, she had her own 1 hour documentary on cctv national network just after the olympics, interviews, tv commentaries on her activities too. During her recent appearance at an ice show in China, she practically overshadowed SZ's farewell appearance due to her high profile rare appearance which the organiser claimed they have worked on for 2 years to get her. This was reported in a number of articles, not my words. This is inspite of having some amazing skaters in the cast like Plushy and Kurt. She also has fan groups in China and Russia as far as i know. How many ladies skaters past and present can truly say that?

I have other non Fs friends from many countries too in asia and europe appear to know her. It helps when with she held probably the highest profiled ogm in recent years and her social philanthropy work for the likes of UNICEF and Olympic bid are frequently mentioned on international press.
    Last edited by os168; 07-19-2012 at 05:45 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by os168 View Post
    I can vouch she is big in China too, she had her own 1 hour documentary on cctv national network just after the olympics, interviews, tv commentaries on her activities too. During her recent appearance at an ice show in China, she practically overshadowed SZ's farewell appearance due to her high profile rare appearance which the organiser claimed they have worked on for 2 years to get her. This was reported in a number of articles, not my words. This is inspite of having some amazing skaters in the cast like Plushy and Kurt. She also has fan groups in China and Russia as far as i know. How many ladies skaters past and present can truly say that?

I have other non Fs friends from many countries too in asia and europe appear to know her. It helps when with she held probably the highest profiled ogm in recent years and her social philanthropy work for the likes of UNICEF and Olympic bid are frequently mentioned on international press.
    Yuna is famous among foreign K-pop fans especially in South East Asia, because many K-pop stars said their ideal type is Yuna (You can read many envious comments on twitter )

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by l'etoile View Post
    I'm so terribly torn. CANNOT DECIDE!!
    Same here. Try eenie-meenie-mannie-moe!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by judgejudy27 View Post
    Kim would have looked better taking time off though. She clearly wasnt prepared or trained for either the 2010 or 2011 Worlds and for a champion of her stature that is inexcusable IMHO. Whether all people agree with or not, she did do some damage to her reputation with her zombie-like efforts at those events. If it was too hard to come off the high of the Olympic Gold, it would have been fine to either retire or take some time off indefinitely. People would have understood. It is fine to not skate your best sometimes, nobody is a machine, but to show up barely practiced at all for such a major event when you are the biggest star is something Michelle and many past legends would never do. Either you want to compete or you dont.
    I totally agree with this. But in a kind of perverse way, the fact that she showed up seemingly disinterested and unprepared and still barely placed second is also a testament to her superlative basic ability.

vCash

Then, how about asking them '' Who is the US national champion in ladies 2012?''

It's not the time for You to worry about Yuna's popularity in US.

Tell them who the US champion is , and buy tickets and take them with you to

Skate America this year or US Nationals, Worlds next year.

Yunabots are better than you, I think. They buy tickets.
    Last edited by johnny158; 07-19-2012 at 08:11 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ainouta View Post
    I totally agree with this. But in a kind of perverse way, the fact that she showed up seemingly disinterested and unprepared and still barely placed second is also a testament to her superlative basic ability.
    This is also true. I do have to agree with this. I also have to agree Kwan might well have had a much lesser career had she won in Nagano. While it is possible she still continued to SLC, it is also entirely possibly she would have retired right after Nagano (and if she did her career would be much lesser than Kim's, yes an OGM and 1 World title for both, but every other stat Kwan would be way behind). I have said it before, but not winning in Nagano probably greatly helped Kwan's legacy so even the Kwan fans who thought she should have won in Nagano should be happy she didnt. Even if she did stay until SLC I doubt the drive would have been the same, and she needed every bit of it as evidenced by the performances she needed to win the 2000 and 2001 Worlds, and her longevity, winning 9 U.S titles, etc...still wouldnt have been the same. No way she stays until 2005/2006 with an Olympic Gold, no matter when it is.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ainouta View Post
    This is true, but it also highlights how weak the competition was in general.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast