Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Diving

vCash
    Bronze for Daley. Good performance from him. At the start of the day, he would have taken that.

Congratulations to Boudia on winning Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Hanna View Post
    The commentators are saying that all Chinese athletes who don't win gold have to publicly apologize to the whole nation... WTF?
    That is ridiculous. Its a sporting competition, not a life and death matter. They need to get things into perspective. I can't stand politicians of any kind - left, right, whatever - loath them all. The Chinese athletes have done extremely well. They should just go and tell there politicians to go and shove it.
    Last edited by Maofan7; 08-11-2012 at 10:22 PM.

vCash
    My stars, unbelievable!

Many many congrats to David Boudia.

Waiter, I'll have seconds of my words, please......

vCash
    China wont be happy with Diving once they get home
    congrats to Daley

vCash
    Tom Daley really is the most adorable thing ever. Like a billion kittens and puppies frolicking on a rainbow.

The USA diving drought is DONE so hard.

Reality TV's Bytch
    vCash
    And Daley would've gotten the bronze with his original dive.

vCash
    Boudia was 18th and the last qualifier to semis ... dang!

Vacant
    vCash
    David Boudia was amazing and hoooootttttttttt and what a fabulous performance from Tom Daley. To win a medal at this Olympics after ALL the insane hype over the last four years, as well as losing his Father is just a huuuuge achievement. Well done Tom and so proud of you for keeping your cool and delivering your best when it mattered!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    Tom Daley really is the most adorable thing ever. Like a billion kittens and puppies frolicking on a rainbow.
    Gayest thing I've ever read.

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    The best part for me is that now I can not WAIT to watch this on NBC tonight. It is one event where the commentators add something to the event. The lady who commentates for diving is simply the best.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    Oh my goodness! Boudia wins? Wow! We saw him at winter nationals last year and he was amazing. I'm so excited for US diving this olympics, I think having seen them in person makes it more exciting. I highly recommend people go to a meet if one is nearby.

Celebrating Jeremy Abbott's FS at 2014 Worlds...
    vCash
    "Don't Stop Believin'" playing in the arena
    Gun Control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to buy cars.

vCash
    Kudos to Boudia - he maintained such consistency with nearly all his dives. And to think he only very narrowly made it into the final!

I think Qiu got too relaxed with always having such a big lead over everyone else that he allowed himself to go loose on a couple of his dives.

Daley - I'm just glad he didn't end up winning, let's put it that way. IMO, he got a huge gift even being on the podium, but then that's all water under the platform now, isn't it?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Loves_Shizuka View Post
    Gayest thing I've ever read.

Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    The lady who commentates for diving is simply the best.
    Cynthia Potter is gonna shit, I can't wait!

Reality TV's Bytch
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    The best part for me is that now I can not WAIT to watch this on NBC tonight. It is one event where the commentators add something to the event. The lady who commentates for diving is simply the best.
    I know! I'm going to set the DVR to make sure I don't miss it. Way to go Dave and Tom!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vesperholly View Post
    Boudia was 18th and the last qualifier to semis ... dang!
    Chinese gymnastics team was a good example of why qualifying only needs to be good enough to make the final. They were horrible in their quals, and also won gold. Guess Boudia drew inspiration from that idea...just get to the finals, they are a new day.

So sad for Mitchum. And glad Daley got a medal.

Reality TV's Bytch
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mrinalini View Post
    Kudos to Boudia - he maintained such consistency with nearly all his dives. And to think he only very narrowly made it into the final!

I think Qiu got too relaxed with always having such a big lead over everyone else that he allowed himself to go loose on a couple of his dives.

Daley - I'm just glad he didn't end up winning, let's put it that way. IMO, he got a huge gift even being on the podium, but then that's all water under the platform now, isn't it?
    He still would've gotten bronze with his original dive and look at it this way, he had to do 7 dives to everyone else's 6.

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post

Cynthia Potter is gonna shit, I can't wait!
    I can't wait, either.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mrinalini View Post

i'm not sure we should assume qiu got too relaxed. for all we know, he took it to heart and tensed up. there had to be incredible pressure on him not to let another gold slip away.

i was rooting for boudia, but i think qiu was close enough that some people might say the results were debatable. not that i wished a bad dive on qiu--how could anyone, after seeing that dreadful injury?

i sometimes did not see the same greatness in tom daley's later dives that the judges did, but that's why they're the judges and i'm watching on my computer

Entre el mundo del patinaje y el mundo real
    vCash
    Yes!!! Beautiful diving competition the men happy with the podium, but sad for Ivan García... the lesson is not to leave your best diving in qualifying.

vCash
    I can't believe Boudia won and Daley medaled. I can't believe it! The potential was there but It is so shocking! Didn't seem to be going well for them at all. It is all "what" and "how" and I will see it later!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tesla View Post
    He still would've gotten bronze with his original dive and look at it this way, he had to do 7 dives to everyone else's 6.
    Yes, but then he got a huge score on his second attempt. Who knows if he would have been able to perform so well throughout had the original score counted. And as for having to perform 7 dives instead of 6 - I bet if you gave the option of re-doing a mediocre dive to any diver, they'd take it, and to hell with the hardship of having to perform an extra dive.

Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast