Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Diving

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayar View Post
    I want Despatie to have a wardrobe malfunction during competition. How does he keep that thing contained?
    Any Pictures??

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kylet3 View Post
    I've seen some pictures and I don't really get what the fuss is... it doesn't look THAT big to me...
    I would say the same if there were more detailing, but it's obvious that it is rolled up like a hose. It's impressive.
    Beefcake's fancy, saccharine, artsy, drag bingo cliche effusing, bipolar, OTT fashionista manchild

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    Ladies 3M Spring Synchro!!!

G = He Zi / Wu Minxia (CHN) = 3 Golds in this discipline for Wu!
    S = Bryant / Johnston (USA)!!!! Our first diving medal since 2000!
    B = Heymans / Abel (CAN)
    Last edited by Fergus; 07-29-2012 at 04:01 PM.

vCash
    Weeeeeeeee Canada!!!!!!
    “Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.” William Shakespeare

vCash
    Heymans medals in four different games! Amazing athlete!

vCash
    Good job, ladies!!

Heymans, like Hughes, has medals from multiple Olympics, and yet they never seem to get the attention they deserve, especially Heymans who seems very quiet. Incredible to maintain ability over such a long period.

vCash
    I honestly thought that Canada had blown it with their final dive... Then again the Italians blowing their 4th dive didn't help their cause, and even if it is only by 2 points, I'm absolutely thrilled that Canada wins their first medal! Stoked!
    Kyle

vCash
    Congrats Emilie! Great achievement for her.

Jennifer looked fantastic in her dives! She should do quite well in the individual competition.

vCash
    Congrats to Cdn Lady divers; esp Heymans who has medaled in 4 OLY games, may Jen beat her amazing partner's record one day to keep torch burning bright for Canadian diving...

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    I watched the tape from overnight, and except for the first dive, they didn't show another of the Cagnotto/Dalappe's dives, even though they were Heymans/Abel's main contender for bronze, and only lost bronze by 2-3 points, but kept showing the Ukrainians and Malaysians, who weren't in contention The Italians were .

I love Abel and am happy for Heymans -- great show of longevity at the top level, plus mastering springboard technique -- but their technique doesn't look all that similar to me. It didn't help that Blythe Hartley kept criticizing the other teams, but gave Heymans/Abel a pass on the same things. I was amused that Hartley praised a dive, and then they showed Heymans' father looking disappointed.

Wu/He -- wheeeeeeee!!!!!! That compulsory dive with the twist: it was like they were dolphins in the air .
    "'Is this new BMW-designed sled the ultimate sledding machine for Langdon and Holcomb?' Leigh Diffey asked before the pair cruised to victory. I don’t know, but I know that sled is the ultimate Olympic Games product placement.." -- Jen Chaney

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post
    I watched the tape from overnight, and except for the first dive, they didn't show another of the Cagnotto/Dalappe's dives, even though they were Heymans/Abel's main contender for bronze, and only lost bronze by 2-3 points, but kept showing the Ukrainians and Malaysians, who weren't in contention The Italians were .

I love Abel and am happy for Heymans -- great show of longevity at the top level, plus mastering springboard technique -- but their technique doesn't look all that similar to me. It didn't help that Blythe Hartley kept criticizing the other teams, but gave Heymans/Abel a pass on the same things. I was amused that Hartley praised a dive, and then they showed Heymans' father looking disappointed.

Wu/He -- wheeeeeeee!!!!!! That compulsory dive with the twist: it was like they were dolphins in the air .
    You can see everything online.

Lots of complaining about how NBC is showing the scoring in gymnastics. I must say I really like the way they are showing the scoring in diving. It's nice to be able to know which scores are counting.

That would be nice for figure skating too.

Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash
    Unless Blythe Hartley's commentating for NBC, she's talking about the CTV coverage. and considering the time difference between London and Vancouver/Seattle...Makes sense to tape things happening live to watch later.

So thrilled for Emilie and Jennifer!!! Way to get the first medal on the second day and take the pressure off the rest of the Team. They've been mentioning how it took the entire first week until that happened in Beijing and the general feel around the Team just to win that first one to get the ball rolling.

So much for that this time around.

History looked pretty damn good. Even though they weren't totally in sync, they got it done and Congratulations to our Bronze Medalists!!!

And kwanfan, I wasn't too impressed w/Blythe's babbling either. As you said, it was pretty clear they weren't totally on today, yet the praise kept coming. That's one thing Steve Armetage(sp) would have brought up. Rod Smith's doing a good job, don't get me wrong, but when you're doing an event that's usually been covered by the best Swimming/Diving commentator out there? Ummm...Yeah....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AragornElessar View Post

And kwanfan, I wasn't too impressed w/Blythe's babbling either. As you said, it was pretty clear they weren't totally on today, yet the praise kept coming. That's one thing Steve Armetage(sp) would have brought up. Rod Smith's doing a good job, don't get me wrong, but when you're doing an event that's usually been covered by the best Swimming/Diving commentator out there? Ummm...Yeah....
    To be fair to Blythe, I thought she pretty much showered praise on just about every team, so I didn`t feel any strong bias on her part

vCash
    The boys hit the diving pool today!!!

Men's 10M Platform Synchro just about to start......

vCash
    Go Tom and Peter - great first dive

vCash
    I love the "easy" first few dives, , it really shows the synchro aspect beautifully...and almost no splashes.

And I also love that Daley is 18yo.

The Hairless Boudia and the Furry McCrory = &

Mexican boys need to get their eyebrows threaded.....

vCash
    Wowzers, Tom & Peter are doing beautifully so far! (NO jinxies!)

This is turning out to be a high-quality event!

vCash
    3 dives done and now it gets really tough!!! I'm so nervous for Tom and Peter!!!

Caulkhead forever
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    I love the "easy" first few dives, , it really shows the synchro aspect beautifully...and almost no splashes.
    Yes They way they sort of fold and unfold in the pikes is just gorgeous.

How well the Brits have done so far only makes it even more nerve-wracking now!
    I am too long away from water;
    I have a need of water near.

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast