Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 430

Thread: Diving

  1. #21
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    In Saransk, RUS with Gordi Pots
    Age
    34
    Posts
    7,036
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayar View Post
    I want Despatie to have a wardrobe malfunction during competition. How does he keep that thing contained?
    Any Pictures??


  2. #22

    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Age
    41
    Posts
    8,565
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    1475
    Quote Originally Posted by kylet3 View Post
    I've seen some pictures and I don't really get what the fuss is... it doesn't look THAT big to me...
    I would say the same if there were more detailing, but it's obvious that it is rolled up like a hose. It's impressive.
    Beefcake's fancy, saccharine, artsy, drag bingo cliche effusing, bipolar, OTT fashionista manchild

  3. #23

    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    Age
    31
    Posts
    20,619
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    15002
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

  4. #24
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    7,580
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Ladies 3M Spring Synchro!!!

    G = He Zi / Wu Minxia (CHN) = 3 Golds in this discipline for Wu!
    S = Bryant / Johnston (USA)!!!! Our first diving medal since 2000!
    B = Heymans / Abel (CAN)
    Last edited by Fergus; 07-29-2012 at 04:01 PM.

  5. #25

    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Age
    43
    Posts
    15,975
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    17392
    Weeeeeeeee Canada!!!!!!
    “Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.” William Shakespeare

  6. #26
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    12,995
    vCash
    450
    Rep Power
    0
    Heymans medals in four different games! Amazing athlete!

  7. #27
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    fall, glorious fall
    Posts
    1,623
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Good job, ladies!!

    Heymans, like Hughes, has medals from multiple Olympics, and yet they never seem to get the attention they deserve, especially Heymans who seems very quiet. Incredible to maintain ability over such a long period.

  8. #28

    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    3,237
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    1993
    I honestly thought that Canada had blown it with their final dive... Then again the Italians blowing their 4th dive didn't help their cause, and even if it is only by 2 points, I'm absolutely thrilled that Canada wins their first medal! Stoked!
    Kyle

  9. #29
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Age
    25
    Posts
    652
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Congrats Emilie! Great achievement for her.

    Jennifer looked fantastic in her dives! She should do quite well in the individual competition.

  10. #30

    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Near Montreal...
    Posts
    1,463
    vCash
    561
    Rep Power
    1045
    Congrats to Cdn Lady divers; esp Heymans who has medaled in 4 OLY games, may Jen beat her amazing partner's record one day to keep torch burning bright for Canadian diving...

  11. #31
    I <3 Kozuka
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Vancouver/Seattle
    Posts
    18,208
    vCash
    730
    Rep Power
    19005
    I watched the tape from overnight, and except for the first dive, they didn't show another of the Cagnotto/Dalappe's dives, even though they were Heymans/Abel's main contender for bronze, and only lost bronze by 2-3 points, but kept showing the Ukrainians and Malaysians, who weren't in contention The Italians were .

    I love Abel and am happy for Heymans -- great show of longevity at the top level, plus mastering springboard technique -- but their technique doesn't look all that similar to me. It didn't help that Blythe Hartley kept criticizing the other teams, but gave Heymans/Abel a pass on the same things. I was amused that Hartley praised a dive, and then they showed Heymans' father looking disappointed.

    Wu/He -- wheeeeeeee!!!!!! That compulsory dive with the twist: it was like they were dolphins in the air .
    "'Is this new BMW-designed sled the ultimate sledding machine for Langdon and Holcomb?' Leigh Diffey asked before the pair cruised to victory. I don’t know, but I know that sled is the ultimate Olympic Games product placement.." -- Jen Chaney

  12. #32
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    1,944
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post
    I watched the tape from overnight, and except for the first dive, they didn't show another of the Cagnotto/Dalappe's dives, even though they were Heymans/Abel's main contender for bronze, and only lost bronze by 2-3 points, but kept showing the Ukrainians and Malaysians, who weren't in contention The Italians were .

    I love Abel and am happy for Heymans -- great show of longevity at the top level, plus mastering springboard technique -- but their technique doesn't look all that similar to me. It didn't help that Blythe Hartley kept criticizing the other teams, but gave Heymans/Abel a pass on the same things. I was amused that Hartley praised a dive, and then they showed Heymans' father looking disappointed.

    Wu/He -- wheeeeeeee!!!!!! That compulsory dive with the twist: it was like they were dolphins in the air .
    You can see everything online.

    Lots of complaining about how NBC is showing the scoring in gymnastics. I must say I really like the way they are showing the scoring in diving. It's nice to be able to know which scores are counting.

    That would be nice for figure skating too.

  13. #33
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    Age
    41
    Posts
    5,283
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Unless Blythe Hartley's commentating for NBC, she's talking about the CTV coverage. and considering the time difference between London and Vancouver/Seattle...Makes sense to tape things happening live to watch later.

    So thrilled for Emilie and Jennifer!!! Way to get the first medal on the second day and take the pressure off the rest of the Team. They've been mentioning how it took the entire first week until that happened in Beijing and the general feel around the Team just to win that first one to get the ball rolling.

    So much for that this time around.

    History looked pretty damn good. Even though they weren't totally in sync, they got it done and Congratulations to our Bronze Medalists!!!

    And kwanfan, I wasn't too impressed w/Blythe's babbling either. As you said, it was pretty clear they weren't totally on today, yet the praise kept coming. That's one thing Steve Armetage(sp) would have brought up. Rod Smith's doing a good job, don't get me wrong, but when you're doing an event that's usually been covered by the best Swimming/Diving commentator out there? Ummm...Yeah....

  14. #34
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Age
    25
    Posts
    652
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by AragornElessar View Post

    And kwanfan, I wasn't too impressed w/Blythe's babbling either. As you said, it was pretty clear they weren't totally on today, yet the praise kept coming. That's one thing Steve Armetage(sp) would have brought up. Rod Smith's doing a good job, don't get me wrong, but when you're doing an event that's usually been covered by the best Swimming/Diving commentator out there? Ummm...Yeah....
    To be fair to Blythe, I thought she pretty much showered praise on just about every team, so I didn`t feel any strong bias on her part

  15. #35
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    7,580
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    The boys hit the diving pool today!!!

    Men's 10M Platform Synchro just about to start......

  16. #36

    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Home in England!!
    Posts
    2,236
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    57
    Go Tom and Peter - great first dive

  17. #37
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    7,580
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I love the "easy" first few dives, , it really shows the synchro aspect beautifully...and almost no splashes.

    And I also love that Daley is 18yo.

    The Hairless Boudia and the Furry McCrory = &

    Mexican boys need to get their eyebrows threaded.....

  18. #38
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    7,580
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Wowzers, Tom & Peter are doing beautifully so far! (NO jinxies!)

    This is turning out to be a high-quality event!

  19. #39

    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Home in England!!
    Posts
    2,236
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    57
    3 dives done and now it gets really tough!!! I'm so nervous for Tom and Peter!!!

  20. #40
    Caulkhead forever
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Back down south, but not south enough.
    Age
    33
    Posts
    11,610
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    284
    Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    I love the "easy" first few dives, , it really shows the synchro aspect beautifully...and almost no splashes.
    Yes They way they sort of fold and unfold in the pikes is just gorgeous.

    How well the Brits have done so far only makes it even more nerve-wracking now!
    I am too long away from water;
    I have a need of water near.

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •