View Poll Results: Who is the weakest link?

Voters
348. You may not vote on this poll
  • Alexei Yagudin

    51 14.66%
  • Stéphane Lambiel

    154 44.25%
  • Daisuke Takahashi

    143 41.09%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 90
  1. #61
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    11,186
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna View Post
    Lambiel. His utter lack of a 3A in his later years is really a strike against him, for me.
    His strengths were never his jumps though. Unlike Plushenko, whom everyone thinks is some kind of jumping god, but didn't even do a 3flip since 2006 Euros.

  2. #62
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    689
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Stéphane and Daisuke have lots of similarities as skaters, both in their strong and weak points. One big difference for me it that Daisuke is an exceptional performer, while Stéphane is both performer AND creator. He is not only touching audience with his skating, he is not only able to make them feel what he feels, he is present and takes an active part in every single thing in his programs, including costume, music choice, music cut and of course choreography. Everything has a meaning in his program, every single movement, every single detail of his costume. This is what amazes me the most. This is what makes his programs more than just skating routines, but masterpieces of skating art. Of his art.

    I should admit it was rather entertaining to follow discussions in these threads.

  3. #63
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,945
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    His strengths were never his jumps though. Unlike Plushenko, whom everyone thinks is some kind of jumping god, but didn't even do a 3flip since 2006 Euros.
    Since 2006 he has competed in 4 ISU competitions.

    Rostelecom Cup 2009

    But I bet he doesnt do it because he would get "!". Or he has gotten one already in RN, I remember sth like it.

  4. #64
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    221
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    His strengths were never his jumps though. Unlike Plushenko, whom everyone thinks is some kind of jumping god, but didn't even do a 3flip since 2006 Euros.
    Unlike Lambiel, whom everyone thinks is a some kind of spinning god, Plushenko has an excellent camel spin.
    Does this mean that Lambiel wasn't a great spinner?

  5. #65

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    3,195
    vCash
    400
    Rep Power
    33486
    Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    His strengths were never his jumps though. Unlike Plushenko, whom everyone thinks is some kind of jumping god, but didn't even do a 3flip since 2006 Euros.
    and how many actual programmes that does equate to him not having done the 3F four or five? Now go back and count the programmes he's done with the 3F? Is it even 1%? You can even give him bonus points when he included it as the second triple jump in combo/sequence like after a 3A

    Lord knows I'm not Plush lover (well maybe a tiny bit after Euros 2012) but seriously criticisng him for not including a 3F the last couple of times he competed is not really up there as particularly valid. Kwan gets a pass for not including the loop towards the end of her career, and she left it out much more than plush has left out the flip.

  6. #66
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Riga, Latvia
    Posts
    1,334
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheylana View Post
    Can Mr "Skating While European" (Lambiel) go already?
    Could you explain? Do you simply hate all europeans, or does this mean something else?

    Quote Originally Posted by reut View Post
    Stéphane and Daisuke have lots of similarities as skaters, both in their strong and weak points. One big difference for me it that Daisuke is an exceptional performer, while Stéphane is both performer AND creator. He is not only touching audience with his skating, he is not only able to make them feel what he feels, he is present and takes an active part in every single thing in his programs, including costume, music choice, music cut and of course choreography. Everything has a meaning in his program, every single movement, every single detail of his costume. This is what amazes me the most. This is what makes his programs more than just skating routines, but masterpieces of skating art. Of his art.

    I should admit it was rather entertaining to follow discussions in these threads.
    Thank you, reut. You wrote it so wonderfully, as I probably never could.

  7. #67
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Michal Brezina's pants
    Posts
    272
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by falling_dance View Post
    You should wait for the final round, then write in your vote for Brezina and post it a few hundred times.
    Thanks for the advice

  8. #68
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    11,186
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by antmanb View Post
    Lord knows I'm not Plush lover (well maybe a tiny bit after Euros 2012) but seriously criticisng him for not including a 3F the last couple of times he competed is not really up there as particularly valid. Kwan gets a pass for not including the loop towards the end of her career, and she left it out much more than plush has left out the flip.
    What I meant was, even Plushenko, everyone's jumping god, leaves off a jump once in a while, so why pick on Lambiel (and Kwan), who was never renounced for his jumps anyway?

    Kwan actually only left off the loop at international championships once, in 2005 Worlds.

  9. #69

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Oz
    Posts
    2,683
    vCash
    400
    Rep Power
    8867
    Holy cow! Where's Plushenko? I am SHOCKED.. or maybe not. Can't take skating forum polls seriously.

  10. #70
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    82
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I don't like Plushy, but he should stay on the list. I think final 3 should be Yags, Plushy, Chan or Lambiel! (Can't decide cuz I love them both!)

  11. #71

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Lima
    Posts
    1,516
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    378
    The plushy fans complaing have only themselves to blame.. He was offed by only 9-10 votes but instead of chosing one of Takahashi or Lambiel as sacrifice, they split the votes and now he's gone.

  12. #72
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    90
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Yagudin is the skating GOD. No need to argue who (lambiel or Dai) should be stay in this round. They are simply the decoration here.

  13. #73
    Fetalized since 1998
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Waving my Adam banner
    Posts
    2,593
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    34624
    Quote Originally Posted by antmanb View Post
    and how many actual programmes that does equate to him not having done the 3F four or five? Now go back and count the programmes he's done with the 3F? Is it even 1%? You can even give him bonus points when he included it as the second triple jump in combo/sequence like after a 3A

    Lord knows I'm not Plush lover (well maybe a tiny bit after Euros 2012) but seriously criticisng him for not including a 3F the last couple of times he competed is not really up there as particularly valid. Kwan gets a pass for not including the loop towards the end of her career, and she left it out much more than plush has left out the flip.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    What I meant was, even Plushenko, everyone's jumping god, leaves off a jump once in a while, so why pick on Lambiel (and Kwan), who was never renounced for his jumps anyway?

    Kwan actually only left off the loop at international championships once, in 2005 Worlds.

  14. #74
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Michal Brezina's pants
    Posts
    272
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by yaya124 View Post
    Yagudin is the skating GOD. No need to argue who (lambiel or Dai) should be stay in this round. They are simply the decoration here.
    Excuse me. MICHAL BREZINA IS THE SKATING GOD.

  15. #75
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    2,067
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by flipforsynchro View Post
    Excuse me. MICHAL BREZINA IS THE SKATING GOD.
    Haha, you appear to be a bit obsessed with Michal Brezina. Just an observation.

  16. #76
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Michal Brezina's pants
    Posts
    272
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by blue_idealist View Post
    Haha, you appear to be a bit obsessed with Michal Brezina. Just an observation.
    How could anyone not be obsessed with him?!

  17. #77

    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    NY/NJ
    Posts
    4,924
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    34697
    Quote Originally Posted by lauravvv View Post
    Could you explain? Do you simply hate all europeans, or does this mean something else?
    Nope, I don't hate anybody, but it is my opinion that if Lambiel had skated for US or Canada, he would not still be here. He would have been assailed for not having the 3A (yes, i know he landed it occasionally) and quickly dispatched. I also don't think Joubert would have lasted as long as he did if he skated for US or Canada. Same for Kulik, who had he been North American, would have been dismissed as a one-hit wonder along the lines of Sarah Hughes. And conversely, if Chan were skating for a EU country, he probably would still be here.

    I can't prove it, but it's my theory.

  18. #78
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    221
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Though I agree with what you said ref. Lambiel, Joubert, Kulik, Chan, how do you explain that Kwan (North American) is going to win or that Plushenko (European) was voted out?

  19. #79
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,592
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Plushenko was voted out after all the North Americans were, though. Kwan's victory is obviously another kettle of fish.

  20. #80
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Entre Pinto y Valdemoro
    Posts
    705
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheylana View Post
    Nope, I don't hate anybody, but it is my opinion that if Lambiel had skated for US or Canada, he would not still be here. He would have been assailed for not having the 3A (yes, i know he landed it occasionally) and quickly dispatched. I also don't think Joubert would have lasted as long as he did if he skated for US or Canada. Same for Kulik, who had he been North American, would have been dismissed as a one-hit wonder along the lines of Sarah Hughes. And conversely, if Chan were skating for a EU country, he probably would still be here.

    I can't prove it, but it's my theory.
    Interesting theory..do you think Lysacek, Weir or Eldredge would be more universally loved if they were French, German and Italian?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •