Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Kurt Browning: "I just don't think that skating should be predictable."

vCash
    Just finished part 1 and already gained lots of perspective on skating and on Kurt. What an article/interview. Thank you for posting

vCash
    That was wonderful!
    Thanks so much.

vCash
    Enjoyed that! Thank you!
    Haunting the Princess of Pink since 20/07/11...

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    "I just don't think that skating should be predictable."
    That is JUST what I expected Browning to say.
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    Love Kurt...

Yeah i think these 2 words should be repeated as much as possible, certainly here at least three times a day

Beside one of the rare skaters who has shown incredible personalities off ice as he is on ice, he has always something interesting, valuable and constructive to say. Beyond the easy going showman persona, there's real depth and intelligence that has brought a great deal of good will and positivity to the world of figure skating even it is a world that is far from perfect.

I can't wait to see what he comes up for Hanyu! Maybe a fun program with him as Christopher Robin? lol...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by os168 View Post
    Love Kurt...

Yeah i think these 2 words should be repeated as much as possible, certainly here at least three times a day

Beside one of the rare skaters who has shown incredible personalities off ice as he is on ice, he has always something interesting, valuable and constructive to say. Beyond the easy going showman persona, there's real depth and intelligence that has brought a great deal of good will and positivity to the world of figure skating even it is a world that is far from perfect.

I can't wait to see what he comes up for Hanyu! Maybe a fun program with him as Christopher Robin? lol...
    Oh, there's a neat idea for everyone's sake!

vCash
    Great interview! This is the first I've heard of the Medal Winners Open - when/where is this? Can't wait to see it!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nyrak View Post
    Great interview! This is the first I've heard of the Medal Winners Open - when/where is this? Can't wait to see it!
    There's a thread for MWO in GSD but have been drifted away. With this incredible cast, the event is a dream competition for figure skating fans!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    That is JUST what I expected Browning to say.
    Hahahaha. <You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to PeterG again.>
    BARK LESS. WAG MORE.

vCash
    Thanks, iris81, for posting the links! I wrote that article and I'm so glad people like it.

Hanyu actually performed the Kurt-choreographed program at Dreams on Ice this summer, and you can watch it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4YtnB1VGfc
    Unfortunately, they seemed to pick a really error-filled version to air for some reason (I hear he performed it better in other stops of the show).

Also, yes as l'etoile pointed out, there is a Medal Winners Open thread here. FYI, I've summarized the details I know in English here: http://kurtfiles.com/events/medalwinners12.php
    The competition is Oct. 5 in Saitama, JP, and will be aired the same weekend on TV Tokyo.

Kurt's also skating in the Carnival on Ice gala the next night, featuring skaters from both the Medal Winners Open and the Japan Open. Information here: http://kurtfiles.com/events/carnivalonice12.php

INTJ
    vCash
    Thanks for sharing this. Kurt is such a classy guy.
    "Beautiful things don't ask for attention." -The Secret Life of Walter Mitty

vCash
    Great interview! That's for posting the links.
    'Life's hard. It's even harder when you're stupid.'--John Wayne

vCash
    Thank you iris81 for Kurt's interview. He has so much figure skating knowledge, insight and wisdom to share with the younger generation of skaters.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Teenes View Post

Hanyu actually performed the Kurt-choreographed program at Dreams on Ice this summer, and you can watch it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4YtnB1VGfc
    Unfortunately, they seemed to pick a really error-filled version to air for some reason (I hear he performed it better in other stops of the show).
    Thanks for this. I am not sure how I feel about the program because I am still shocked at how badly his skating seem to have deteriorated over a few months. Good grief, what happened with all that world class training in Toronto?

Is he still going through a growth spurt or maybe recovering from injury? Any explanations at tht end? Hope it was just a one off bad skate, cute reaction at the end as usual. Ps He and Kanako looks so cute together, I sense a lot of chemistry.

vCash
    Thanks, iris81, for posting the links! I wrote that article and I'm so glad people like it.
    Wow, you wrote the article! Thanks for your nice article. I agree with Kurt and I also don't think that skating should be predictable. Kurt is so eloquent and that makes him such a nice commentator!
    Is he still going through a growth spurt or maybe recovering from injury? Any explanations at tht end? Hope it was just a one off bad skate, cute reaction at the end as usual. Ps He and Kanako looks so cute together, I sense a lot of chemistry.
    Yes, he has been growing taller. Hanyu was about the same height as Javier last November, but he looks taller than Javier in a picture taken more than one month ago.
    Gedevanishvili’s twitter: http://instagram.com/p/LonKmaMx1I/

Also, Nan Song has been training in Toronto this summer, and he said “Yuzuru is almost as tall as himself.”
    yuzuru news tumblr: http://miwa31.tumblr.com/post/26270153491/yuzuru-news

And yes, Hanyu is still recovering from his injury since the Worlds.

Btw, Hanyu and Murakami were just interviewed together, which is very normal for Japanese TV. There’s no chemistry. Actually, Hanyu said he likes young and cute girls. Murakami is older than him and not that cute-looking. Conversely, Murakami prefers older, mature men, e.g., Daisuke. She’s not into younger and cute boys. Hanyu is too young and too cute for her. Thus, they will just be teammates and nothing more.

vCash
    I wrote that article and I'm so glad people like it.
    Thank you, Teenes! Great article

vCash
    Great article with lots of interesting thoughts and insights.
    Thank you, Teenes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by doctor View Post
    Yes, he has been growing taller....
    And yes, Hanyu is still recovering from his injury since the Worlds.

Btw, Hanyu and Murakami were just interviewed together, which is very normal for Japanese TV. There’s no chemistry. Actually, Hanyu said he likes young and cute girls. Murakami is older than him and not that cute-looking. Conversely, Murakami prefers older, mature men, e.g., Daisuke. She’s not into younger and cute boys. Hanyu is too young and too cute for her. Thus, they will just be teammates and nothing more.
    Thanks for the updates! I suppose the Biellmann would be the first thing to go then and of course his lovely flexibility! I hope it won't affect his season too much but it will be tough to manage for sure. He might be a completely different skater by next year.

Song Nan is currently listed as 5ft10, so it would really interesting to see how the new generations of Asian skaters will shape up to be among the tallest competing in the world when they used to among the shortest in men's singles like Daisuke, Kozuka, Oda etc. that even when they are at the top of the podium, still not the tallest.

About the chemistry thing, I just mean they are very comfortable around each other and respond to each other well. Both born in '94, they are for certain Japan's next generation skaters. By the way, I find Murakami cutest among the Japanese ladies, how much more cuter does he want them to be? Narumi cute? On the other hand I doubt it is a older man thing, i wouldn't be surprised it turn out to be Daisuke thing and I don't blame her or any ladies one bit

vCash
    Thanks for the updates! I suppose the Biellmann would be the first thing to go then and of course his lovely flexibility! I hope it won't affect his season too much but it will be tough to manage for sure. He might be a completely different skater by next year.

Song Nan is currently listed as 5ft10, so it would really interesting to see how the new generations of Asian skaters will shape up to be among the tallest competing in the world when they used to among the shortest in men's singles like Daisuke, Kozuka, Oda etc. that even when they are at the top of the podium, still not the tallest.

About the chemistry thing, I just mean they are very comfortable around each other and respond to each other well. Both born in '94, they are for certain Japan's next generation skaters. By the way, I find Murakami cutest among the Japanese ladies, how much more cuter does he want them to be? Narumi cute? On the other hand I doubt it is a older man thing, i wouldn't be surprised it turn out to be Daisuke thing and I don't blame her or any ladies one bit
    You’re welcome. I have been a little worried, but I also hope that the growth spurt and injury won’t affect his season either.

I agree that the Japanese men are usually short, but I actually think some of the Chinese men are quite tall. I remember seeing Z/Z skating live, and Hao Zhang was a big man, so tall and so muscular! And since Song is Hanyu’s good friend, maybe he was just joking and maybe Hanyu is not that tall yet. Anyway he is taller than Javier already, so he’s still growing.

Yes, Daisuke is so charming, which is why I don’t get why Yukina did not accept him. I’ve always thought that Yukina is such a lucky girl.

I usually don’t like “choosing boyfriend/girlfriend” game and pairing up skaters. Whoever Hanyu likes shall be his girlfriend, not just our fan wishes. Younger girl would mean 16 or younger. Unfortunately I don’t find any cute Japanese ladies 16 or younger; no talented young Japanese ladies either. That’s a bit sad because Japan used to have so many talented ladies but not anymore. I think the Russian and American young ladies are on the rise nowadays.

If you ask me, then I prefer slender girls with long legs, petite face, and delicate features (because Hanyu is also slender, long-legged, and has oval face). Thus, Murakami does not fit my aesthetic—her legs are too short and her face and her nose are too big. Of course, this is just cuteness in my personal opinion. It may have nothing to do with what Hanyu thinks. Narumi is already 20, so out of the question too.

I actually think 16-year-old Asada and 16-year-old Yuna were very cute. Unfortunately they’re not 16 anymore, and I don’t think they like young boys either. Anyway all this is just my personal opinion and may have nothing to do with Hanyu.

P.S. this is Kurt’s thread, so let’s give it back to him. We can always discuss about cute and talented ladies in another thread.
    Last edited by doctor; 07-19-2012 at 03:34 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast