Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by paskatefan View Post
    A few years ago, I came across the CD for this TV version of Cinderella. I was ecstatic to find it! "Ten Minutes Ago ..."

Is there a CD/DVD recording of Julie Andrews in Cinderella (from the 1950's)?
    There is a CD -- I have it. I don't know about a DVD, though.
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club
    Old, lonely, pathos-hungry, and extremely gullible

vCash
    A few years ago, I came across the CD for this TV version of Cinderella. I was ecstatic to find it! "Ten Minutes Ago ..."

DVD information:

Rodgers & Hammerstein's Cinderella (1957 Television Production)
    http://www.amazon.com/Rodgers-Hammer...n%27s+cinderel

vCash

Well, I guess I don't feel quite so old now. I didn't even know there was a 1950's version. Julie Andrews back then would have made the perfect Cinderella though.

vCash
    She was!
    It was a historic LIVE broadcast, also.
    There is a documentary about the production included, also.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Susan1 View Post
    Well, I guess I don't feel quite so old now. I didn't even know there was a 1950's version. Julie Andrews back then would have made the perfect Cinderella though.
    Quote Originally Posted by skatesindreams View Post
    She was!
    It was a historic LIVE broadcast, also.
    There is a documentary about the production included, also.
    I saw a broadcast of the 1950's version on PBS a couple of years ago and recorded it. Julie Andrews was quite wonderful as Cinderella.

RIP, Celeste Holm. She lived a long life and had a long career with some very memorable performances.
    Lady 2: there isn't anything about me on goooogle, I mean, I must take it off if there is.....
    Lady 3: The google is a terrible thing, I mean I don't want anything on there! (Overheard by millyskate on a London train.)

Wandering Goy
    vCash
    Just saw the "TCM Remembers" tribute to Ms. Holm - clips from "High Society", "The Tender Trap", "All About Eve" and what I believe was "Road House", starring Ida Lupino as a torch singer.

I remember the color TV version of "Cinderalla" fondly as well, with Celeste and Lesley Ann Warren singing "Impossible". Classy, talented actress (and singer).
    "Skating fans are not a patient bunch." Dragonlady

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12