119 36.39%
  • Denkova & Staviski

126 38.53%
  • Virtue & Moir

63 19.27%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

vCash

Figure Skating Champions SURVIVOR: ICE DANCE ROUND 7

There were solid "Save Navka" and "Save Merlie" campaigns during the last round but in the end, the mighty headband prevailed..

7TH PLACE: DAVIS AND WHITE (39.29.% of votes)

The remaining contenders are:
    01. Oksana Grishuk & Evgeny Platov - RUS - 1994,1995,1996 & 1997 Worlds and 1994 & 1998 Olympic Champions.
    02. Angelica Krylova & Oleg Ovsiannikov - RUS - 1998 and 1999 World Champions.
    03. Marina Anissina & Gwendal Peizerat - FRA - 2000 World and 2002 Olympic Champions.
    04. Tatiana Navka & Roman Kostomarov - RUS - 2004 & 2005 World and 2006 Olympic Champions.
    05. Albena Denkova & Maxim Staviski - BUL - 2006 and 2007 World Champions.
    06.Tessa Virtue & Scott Moir - CAN - 2010 & 2012 World and 2010 Olympic Champions.

Already eliminated:
    08th Place: Delobel & Schoenfelder (37.45% votes)
    09th Place: Bourne & Kraatz (41.85% votes)
    10th Place: Lobacheva & Averbukh (46.60% votes)
    11th Place: Domnina & Shabalin (29.65% votes)
    12th Place: Fusar-Poli & Margaglio (48.77% votes)

Only the top half remains, vote and discuss..

vCash
    Getting low now. I can foresee the two D & S going next and then V&M. I really hope A&P and K&O go earlier.

This time I'll vote for Anissina & Peizerat.

vCash
    So now N-K or V-M will go?
    I think all understand G-P will win. So uninteresting voting.

vCash
    I've voted for N/K this time as I love Denstas they were so much more interesting and creative ' and should have won the gold in 2004.

vCash
    I personally think N/K have shown much more of their ability after the retirement from competitive skating which I wouldn't say on the rest of teams remaining.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiK View Post
    There were solid "Save Navka" and "Save Merlie" campaigns during the last round but in the end, the mighty headband prevailed..

It's time for Denkova & Staviski to go. I love them but in my opinion he was a much better skater than her.

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Denkova is by far the weakest skater out of all those left so they really should be gone. And that's even before we get to the fact that they have no olympic medals.
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

vCash
    With 42 votes, N/K have received 42.42% of those cast so far. I think that's a sign.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by allezfred View Post
    Denkova is by far the weakest skater out of all those left so they really should be gone. And that's even before we get to the fact that they have no olympic medals.
    I don't think that Albena is by far the weakest skater left. After all, there's still Roman.
    But I definitely think that Albena and Maxim should be gone because of their lack of an Olympic medal and the fact that I found them boring for all their pre Linichuk career.
    I do not think that they should have won gold in 2004. No way that their boring OD and unoriginal FD should have beated Navka and Kostomarov's amazing OD and voidy original Pink Panther.

vCash
    Denkova & Stayviski time to go IMO. If DenSta somehow outlast Virtue & Moir in this game that will be worth a huge laugh.

vCash
    I personally think that Virtue and Moir should win this whole thing, but it seems like they'll be out before Anissina and Peizerat as well as Krylova and Ovsiannikov

vCash
    Navka and Staviski could have been a nice partnership with matching talents. If only he was a bit taller...
    I really like this show number of them: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTVEAepEDWQ

I like all the couples here but I agree with judgejudy27, I don't think it would be fair to let D&S stay sacrificing V&M.
    Meanwhile I guess I have to start another "Save Navka" campaign if the poll turns out to be a duel between N&K and D&S loool

YEAH!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Macassar88 View Post
    I personally think that Virtue and Moir should win this whole thing, but it seems like they'll be out before Anissina and Peizerat as well as Krylova and Ovsiannikov
    Yup. It sucks.

vCash
    Navka and Kostomarov, again. Yet again, zzz. I <3 Denkova and Staviyski, but I hope they don't outlast Virtue and Moir. That's like Plushenko already getting voted out over on the men's side.

vCash
    Take everything I said about DelSchoes, and apply it to DenSta.

They were underrated early in their career, they should have gotten the bronze at 2002 worlds, they had the most difficult OD and FD in 2003 and easily could have won, they could have won 2004, they got totally screwed at the Olympics in 2006 becuase apparently missing a position in a dance spin in the OD is worse than skating like Ruslan Goncharov for three phases.

V&M obviously have better body types for dance and are a better match physically for CoP elements, but they could only dream of getting the push to the blade and deepness of edges that D&S could. Like DelSchoes, if marked properly, they would have a more impressive record.

Honestly I would consider removing A&P before DenSta.

vCash
    In terms of pure enjoyment I'd rank Navka/Kostomorov dead last. I can't think of one FD that I enjoyed other than that incoherent Michael Jackson/George Benson FD. I also think they left the least impact for the sport of Ice Dancing of all the remaining teams and I'm still bitter over 2004 Worlds. People also overstate Navka's divaness with her vapid open mouthed smile (and people bitch about Tanith's "O" face) especially when we have the likes of Grishuk, Anissina, Krylova, and Babs to compare her to. Wow, she wore a headband! So cool!

With that said, I did thoroughly enjoy their 2004 and 2006 OD even when I thought their FDs were some of the most uninspired ever for a top team. It's like with her lines and them being Russian they were only creatively inspired to a certain point because it was good enough for the powers that be to be considered the best for that quad. It's like the way Bestemianova/Bukin could have done whatever on the ice and they would win anyway except without the voids. From their quad give me any other routine by DenStavs and DelSchoes any day.
    Last edited by VIETgrlTerifa; 07-16-2012 at 05:28 AM.
    "Corporation, n. An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." - Ambrose Bierce

vCash
    I also just remembered that DenSta had a huge setback when they lost a year when Lang/Tcherneychev ran into them in practice and severed two of Denkova's tendons.

At the 2000 World Championships, Denkova was seriously injured in the practice before the free dance; Peter Tchernyshev's blade slashed her leg above her boot, severing two tendons and a muscle.[1] She eventually returned to training but suffered swelling in her leg. After she asked the U.S. Figure Skating Association if Tchernyshev had insurance to help cover her medical expenses, the organizers withdrew Denkova/Staviski's invitation to 2000 Skate America.[1]
    What's gross is that DenSta finished behind L&T next year at 2001 worlds (DelSchoes too) when Tchernychev had to pull Lang through all the difficult bits of their FD and she still screwed up the ending.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by allezfred View Post
    ITA. I can see Navka will probably go next but IMO it should be DenStas.
    “What’s on the revengenda this evening?” – Nolan Ross

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by casken View Post
    What's gross is that DenSta finished behind L&T next year at 2001 worlds (DelSchoes too) when Tchernychev had to pull Lang through all the difficult bits of their FD and she still screwed up the ending.
    L/T were far from being the only team with one weaker partner...

L/T were not in the same league of any of these teams at their peak, and their results reflected that, but at least Naomi was always very elegant.
    “What’s on the revengenda this evening?” – Nolan Ross

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by casken View Post
    Take everything I said about DelSchoes, and apply it to DenSta.

They were underrated early in their career, they should have gotten the bronze at 2002 worlds, they had the most difficult OD and FD in 2003 and easily could have won, they could have won 2004, they got totally screwed at the Olympics in 2006 becuase apparently missing a position in a dance spin in the OD is worse than skating like Ruslan Goncharov for three phases.
    Out of curiosity, would you have both D/S' on the podium in place of B/A and G/G, or just one?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast